FREE... Beautiful 9 year old XBred mare looking for a forever home ...

More
10 years 8 months ago #35590 by terralee
Hi guys ...just putting it out there ...and NO it is not my Mo :eek: ...but it is her 1/2 sister Terralee Starshine[:X]...she is by my stallion (my avatar) out of a TB mare and my darling old Rockin' Robin (QH) was her Grand Mum. As you probably guessed I bred her[;)] I have her breeding right back if someone is interested[8D]
She is 9 years old will be 10 on November 6th ...
She has done dressage to level 2 ,,,, show jumps 1m easily and has a beautiful floating trot ...would make lovely dressage horse, show hunter, show jumping ...has evented training level.
She is currently out of work due to going to a new owner who hasn't got the time, health or confidence needed when it comes to horses (long story).She is in the Coatsville area at the moment.
Starshine has no dirt but is very smart and needs someone use to horses and willing to give her a routine and regular work ... She self loads on floats and is a very easy girl to have around ....does not get herd bound and is well use to going to events and being tied up at float etc
She does have grass issues in spring and needs careful monitoring when the grass is growing fast .....
She is 15.3 hands and has a lot to offer ...would make a good horse for someone returning to riding or young person pony to hack transition ...
She has been there and done most things and I am after a knowledgable forever home for her .... She is FREE but a new owner will need to be approved for my special girl ....I would have her back and here EXCEPT for the first time since I was a kid (and I am 57[:0][:0][:0]) I am down to just my Mo and it is so nice to have that sort of relationship with a horse ..you know one on one[:X][:X]

Anyway ...if someone out there is interested in a very nice girl to have and enjoy ...PM me or email me you landline and I shall give you a ring and answer any questions you may have[^] Sorry Kate if this is naughty to put this up here ....but I am really wanting to find the right home for Starshine and at least everyone on here sort of knows me[:I][:I][:I]

So a few pics[^]

This is Starshine's Dad ...Terralee Emmanuel AKA Manny .....he is a TB X QH ......

Attached files [IMG]http://app.lifestyleblock.co.nz/images/converted_files/468278=12546-Starshine 009.jpg[/img]
File Attachment:
[IMG]http://app.lifestyleblock.co.nz/images/converted_files/468278=12550-Starshine.jpg Daddy Terralee Emmanuel AKA Manny.jpg[/img]
File Attachment:
File Attachment:
File Attachment:
File Attachment:
File Attachment:
File Attachment:
File Attachment:

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #466108 by Stu_R
I will ask a couple down this way Leonie .. as you know, i know bugger all about horses .. but know people that do :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
10 years 8 months ago #466112 by kate
Not naughty at all Leonie, I hope you find the perfect home for her :D

Web Goddess

More
10 years 8 months ago #466122 by terralee

Stu_R;468282 wrote: I will ask a couple down this way Leonie .. as you know, i know bugger all about horses .. but know people that do :)

Yep spread the word Stu ....you know my horses ...they are all lovely :)

Kate;468286 wrote: Not naughty at all Leonie, I hope you find the perfect home for her :D

Thanks Kate ...thought more folk might see it in here[^]

A couple more pics from when Starshine would come and stay with me while her other Mother went on holiday[^]
Starshine is fine on her own but also like grazing with others ..she is the clipped one enjoying a mutual groom with sister Mo (and Granny Robin too) :)

Cheers

Attached files [IMG]http://app.lifestyleblock.co.nz/images/converted_files/468296=12554-Bacak triplets and other animals 019.jpg[/img] [IMG]http://app.lifestyleblock.co.nz/images/converted_files/468296=12558-Happy Nude Horses 002.jpg[/img] [IMG]http://app.lifestyleblock.co.nz/images/converted_files/468296=12555-Happy Nude Horses 012.jpg[/img] [IMG]http://app.lifestyleblock.co.nz/images/converted_files/468296=12556-Happy Nude Horses 013.jpg[/img] [IMG]http://app.lifestyleblock.co.nz/images/converted_files/468296=12559-Leonies Old Camera 008.jpg[/img] [IMG]http://app.lifestyleblock.co.nz/images/converted_files/468296=12562-Leonies Old Camera 009.jpg[/img] [IMG]http://app.lifestyleblock.co.nz/images/converted_files/468296=12560-Leonies Old Camera 020.jpg[/img] [IMG]http://app.lifestyleblock.co.nz/images/converted_files/468296=12561-Leonies Old Camera 021.jpg[/img] [IMG]http://app.lifestyleblock.co.nz/images/converted_files/468296=12557-tarshune and preggy sheep 004.jpg[/img]

More
10 years 8 months ago #466154 by muri
I say it every time and i will keep on saying it, NEVER give an animal away, especially a horse.
The idea of giving may seem a noble thing to do, but it often leads to neglect of the animals, or the new owner not putting into it what the horse deserves - because it is free they dont see it as being worth much
So many stories of problems with this sort of thing, because the people who take free horses often dont have the resources to look after it.
I spent quite some few years helping people retrace their horses who they had given away and then they disappeared, were re-sold etc. Some of these stories were not very nice at all
Once you have given away an animal then you also give away the rights of control of that animals destiny. No-one necessarily has forever homes, their own circumstances may change
Not trying to put a damper on things but its often the nicest people who come and look at your horse who are the traders who on sell it

More
10 years 8 months ago #466157 by terralee

muri;468331 wrote: I say it every time and i will keep on saying it, NEVER give an animal away, especially a horse.
The idea of giving may seem a noble thing to do, but it often leads to neglect of the animals, or the new owner not putting into it what the horse deserves - because it is free they dont see it as being worth much
So many stories of problems with this sort of thing, because the people who take free horses often dont have the resources to look after it.
I spent quite some few years helping people retrace their horses who they had given away and then they disappeared, were re-sold etc. Some of these stories were not very nice at all
Once you have given away an animal then you also give away the rights of control of that animals destiny. No-one necessarily has forever homes, their own circumstances may change
Not trying to put a damper on things but its often the nicest people who come and look at your horse who are the traders who on sell it

I understand what you are saying Muri and that is why Starshine is not being advertised publicly as free ...having said that I guess this is pretty public:rolleyes: I thought long and hard before putting her up on here but felt on this forum I was more likely to get an interested person not someone just looking for something for free ...besides I sort of feel like I know a lot of our members and feel a bit safer putting it out on here[^]
New owner would be carefully vetted ...could do a free lease but really I am after the best forever home I can find for Starshine ....there is a lady after her ......but she is in Gore:eek: so I am hoping there is the right new Mum a tad closer :)
Thanks for your concern and I do understand what you are saying ....and will be exceedingly careful in Starshine's new home[^] hehehe I could ask for $$$$ but it really does not enter the equation and there are some genuine passionate horse folk out there who can ride and offer great homes but have no spare $$$ to actually buy a decent horse :)

Cheers

More
10 years 8 months ago #466165 by igor
Potential takers of this offer must be aware that they could be making a twenty plus year commitment. We had a retired cart horse on the home place in my childhood and he was over thirty when he died. Wish you luck with this Leonie.

More
10 years 8 months ago #466184 by terralee

igor;468342 wrote: Potential takers of this offer must be aware that they could be making a twenty plus year commitment. We had a retired cart horse on the home place in my childhood and he was over thirty when he died. Wish you luck with this Leonie.

hehe you are not wrong there Igor ..we rescued Rockin' Robin ... Starshine's and Mo's Grandma when she was aged 11 ....sadly she was PTS aged 34 this year when we moved here :( ....she was too old and frail to have stood the long trip and the terrain and pasture here ....best 23 years we could have asked for from her tho"and she has left a wonderful legacy to us with her amazing offspring[^]
I think any horsey person realises the commitment involved in having horses ...but man it is so worth everything[;)][:X]

Cheers

More
10 years 8 months ago #466186 by stephclark
couldnt agree more terralee..

i had my best friend for 14 years before he too was PTS.. oh the wonderful times we had :D

More
10 years 8 months ago #466194 by Kiwi303
If gore is too far, I guess Nelson Lakes is also too far. A farm hack that would get up the hills quietly, unlike a tractor or quad, would be fairly nice.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
10 years 8 months ago #466202 by blimeyvicki
Hi Terralee, I could well be interested if the horse would suit my situation and we would suit you! Could I talk to someone here first and maybe give you a call after that? I have a couple of horse mad kids who are reasonably accomplished riders who are looking for a horse. We live in Hunua - would that be too far?

More
10 years 8 months ago #466221 by terralee

stephclark;468364 wrote: couldnt agree more terralee..

i had my best friend for 14 years before he too was PTS.. oh the wonderful times we had :D

:D :D :D :D [;)]

Kiwi303;468372 wrote: If gore is too far, I guess Nelson Lakes is also too far. A farm hack that would get up the hills quietly, unlike a tractor or quad, would be fairly nice.

Well kiwi303...I shall certainly keep you in mind ...I mean Nelson is far closer than Gore !!!!:eek:[:o)] She is very sure footed and loves hacking up the hills and is cheaper to run than a tractor or quad[:o)]

blimeyvicki;468381 wrote: Hi Terralee, I could well be interested if the horse would suit my situation and we would suit you! Could I talk to someone here first and maybe give you a call after that? I have a couple of horse mad kids who are reasonably accomplished riders who are looking for a horse. We live in Hunua - would that be too far?

Hi blimeyvicki .....Hunua would not be too far away ....I am not really bothered what area she goes to (she is currently in Coatesville ) ...I am more concerned about who she goes to ...of course it would be an extra nice scenario if I was able to see her from time to time[^] ...am ringing someone about her later tonight :) ...Give me a ring when you have spoken to your friend :)
Cheers

More
10 years 8 months ago #466377 by Jen - Featherston
she looks beautiful Leonie :)

I need a horse that is happy to graze and then be brought in for a plod, built up to ridden 3-4 times a week, perhaps even do some dressage ribbon days during daylight savings and then be pretty much spoilt and turned out over winter/dark days.

My old boy was like this and we had so much fun, and I trusted him implicitly saved my bacon a couple of times xxx he is retired now and gets first pick of the new paddocks :) he is 29 :) arthritic but happy so far this winter.

Trinity my riding mare is not a pull in and plod girl. She is a spend 20 mins getting her to just walk cannot ride out of the paddock until ride 5-6 when she has remembered some manners and is a hard ride. I'm too old for hard rides, I want to get on and enjoy. So summer was great with her, but even not being ridden for 3-4 days meant spending 2 days in the paddock riding to remind her. She will make someone a fab horse, if she can be constantly kept in work - she has the most amazing floating extended trot I have ever ridden!

If your girl is cruisy like this let me know :) I'd love to have a horse I can trust again and love to have a horse I can take out with Charlotte to shows :)

Sometimes its not only what you say, its the way you say it that counts.

More
10 years 8 months ago #466383 by terralee

Jen - Featherston;468573 wrote: she looks beautiful Leonie :)

I need a horse that is happy to graze and then be brought in for a plod, built up to ridden 3-4 times a week, perhaps even do some dressage ribbon days during daylight savings and then be pretty much spoilt and turned out over winter/dark days.

My old boy was like this and we had so much fun, and I trusted him implicitly saved my bacon a couple of times xxx he is retired now and gets first pick of the new paddocks :) he is 29 :) arthritic but happy so far this winter.

Trinity my riding mare is not a pull in and plod girl. She is a spend 20 mins getting her to just walk cannot ride out of the paddock until ride 5-6 when she has remembered some manners and is a hard ride. I'm too old for hard rides, I want to get on and enjoy. So summer was great with her, but even not being ridden for 3-4 days meant spending 2 days in the paddock riding to remind her. She will make someone a fab horse, if she can be constantly kept in work - she has the most amazing floating extended trot I have ever ridden!

If your girl is cruisy like this let me know :) I'd love to have a horse I can trust again and love to have a horse I can take out with Charlotte to shows :)

Youhave a PM :)
Cheers

More
10 years 8 months ago #466488 by oskatd
I hope you find her a lovely home Leonie! She looks way too good to be a farm hack though! ;)

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds