What to do with polytunnels?

More
10 years 9 months ago #464490 by feedqueen
We had one when we moved in, first thing we did was sell it on trade me. Big Mistake! Would have been very handy as it turned out, so dont do anything rash is my advise

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #464494 by muri
Replied by muri on topic What to do with polytunnels?
Why dont you just leave making any decision for a year or so as you are new to the land.
You may change your tune in 12 months time and the idea of working from home in the polytunnels may work out for one of you
I loved going from professional work in an office with the day to day grind, to working from home in my big plant house without any commuting, work politics etc. i earn a good living from my plant house and there is no reason why you cant do the same, especially if you have young children

More
10 years 9 months ago #464495 by Blueberry
Hey, Figgy, you're lucky, you already have an established Farmers Market in Whakatane. you could go down there and check out what's needed - who knows, that might be right up your alley?

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

More
10 years 9 months ago #464498 by Figgy
Replied by Figgy on topic What to do with polytunnels?
Ah, give up the daily grind to grow flowers/vegetables/children? Surely that's what we just emigrated over here for?! Great advice on the wait-and-see, guess there is no rush as the covers will need replaced just as much in a year as they do now... And, if I do give it all up, there is still the stalls and a 'cashiers shed' here from when it used to be a market garden long ago!

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds