Fantastic house sitters

More
10 years 2 months ago #480916 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Fantastic house sitters
Crikey, that ups the game for me! :D

Good that it all worked out well.

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #480932 by kai
Replied by kai on topic Fantastic house sitters
we would have been happy to come back to mown lawns. a clean kitchen and bath, these two were exceptional.

More
10 years 2 months ago #480948 by lars arsbjorn

kindajojo;484563 wrote: Lars, house sitting is caring for a house while owners are on holiday...like babysitting for houses...

Visiting Norway in May ...any suggestions about places to visit?

many seeing sight as season spring flowers flowering, Hardangerfjord must listed being.

Our clothing optional farm in Vrodal, most welcoming ofcourse however many german booking required urgency

ha det bra, adjø
Lars

( i am from the Scandinavian my translation poorest in english)

More
10 years 2 months ago #481091 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic Fantastic house sitters

lars arsbjorn;484642 wrote:
Our clothing optional farm in Vrodal, most welcoming of course however many german booking required urgency

What is the ratio of pretty vs horrid sights in the unclothed population? :D

As to the house sitting.

Sounds good to me, they must have been having fun like those cleaning obsessive compulsives on that TV show from the UK :D

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
10 years 2 months ago #481092 by kindajojo
Replied by kindajojo on topic Fantastic house sitters

Kiwi303;484809 wrote: What is the ratio of pretty vs horrid sights in the unclothed population? :D
:D

Looks at birthday suit ... Not too horrid but it needs a bit of an iron......

More
10 years 2 months ago #481167 by katieb
Replied by katieb on topic Fantastic house sitters
I have 2 nice wwoofers here who asked if they could clean my kitchen the other day & I said they didnt have to but if they wanted to they could so they did, then yesterday one asked if she could clean my pantry & I said yes
In my eyes clean means clean & not clean & reorganise
I was happy it was clean but annoyed that she had moved everything around & to me had put things in the wrong place but to her was proberbly logical ie she put honey & peanut butter on the top shelf with the cereals but at the back where short people cannot reach or se without standing on something
& baking stuff got moved to where I put things like chips etc
preserves were moved to the top shelf when I keep them out of the light at the bottom
she filled the main shelf with stuff & left a tiny space for bread crammed against the side
Open packets of pasta & rice were left wide open in an ice cream container which fell off the chair I used to reach the honey & ended up all over the floor when I was moving things back
I should have just left it for a few days until she was gone but I was annoyed so put stuff back(not all just 3/4 of what she moved)
Anyway I needed to vent...my fantastic wwoofer who has been here for months & months thought it was sooooo funny watching me move stuff back...& apparently the other girls face was was funny when she opened the pantry next & saw it was moved back
I was grateful for the cleanup but sometimes they forget its not their house so not their place to move things....we have been lucky nearly 4 years of wwoofers 24/7 about 350 days per year & this is around the 3rd or 4th time someone has cleaned & moved stuff around which has annoyed me when they were just trying to be helpfull

Venting over...sorry guys

Animals rule our place... cows, calves, sheep, goats, pigs, horses, donkeys, chickens, ducks... the list goes on
...."lifestyle block like" 25 or so acres around the house attached to a rather large farm with dairy drystock & a 600 cow dairy conversion :)....1500 acres to call home

More
10 years 2 months ago #481169 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic Fantastic house sitters
katieb.. I can so sympathise.. I had a cleaner last year who was fantastic at the cleaning bit.. but she rearranged my pantry and I am still putting it all back.. very annoying.. ( hence the custard pwder in the cheese sauce.. grr )

OH's little chore each day is to clean up the kitchen.. he does a good job, but I have to play hind and seek with pots and utensils everyday because he puts things away in different places..sigh..

most often heard thing in my house at dinner time is " where the h*ll have you put the ........ this time?"

I think he thinks its funny[:(!]

More
10 years 2 months ago #481173 by katieb
Replied by katieb on topic Fantastic house sitters
Lol steph one wwoofer put the plastic chopping mats on top of the cupboards above the fridge(about 40 cm from ceiling) where the pet parrot I had at the time would sit while I was in the kitchen. No idea why she did it and she didnt understand why I wanted them washed after she got them down...then again she told me she ate raw chicken once

Animals rule our place... cows, calves, sheep, goats, pigs, horses, donkeys, chickens, ducks... the list goes on
...."lifestyle block like" 25 or so acres around the house attached to a rather large farm with dairy drystock & a 600 cow dairy conversion :)....1500 acres to call home

More
10 years 2 months ago #481178 by kai

stephclark;484894 wrote:

OH's little chore each day is to clean up the kitchen.. he does a good job, but I have to play hind and seek with pots and utensils everyday because he puts things away in different places..sigh..

most often heard thing in my house at dinner time is " where the h*ll have you put the ........ this time?"

I know that feeling, except he claims it is me who changes where things go - no darling I say, it has lived there for 2 years, since we moved here.

Heaven help me when the new kitchen is finished I will have another 2 years of training him where things live.
This is hubbie who I had to put labels on everything because he did not know what was in the clear plastic jars. Now fair enough rice flour looks a lot like ordinary flour, but kidney beans and chick peas ?

More
10 years 2 months ago #481179 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic Fantastic house sitters
kai.. you have only had 2 years of it... mine still gets it wrong after 27 years in the same place !..

I often wonder, do they play dumb so we give up and do it ourselves?

I am convinced this is the case with my OH..his cunning plan to bugger up the camellia pruning back fired when I just laffed at the weird shapes he had made of them ..oh well, they grow quick

More
10 years 2 months ago #481188 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic Fantastic house sitters
my brother is like that, he stayed down south in Chch and I had the workshop to myself, he shows up at the farm and suddenly all the tools are not where I left them. I'd go to dig the welder out and find the drills stacked there instead and the welder where the motor oil was kept...

annoying.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
10 years 2 months ago #481191 by kai

stephclark;484904 wrote: kai.. you have only had 2 years of it... mine still gets it wrong after 27 years in the same place !..

I often wonder, do they play dumb so we give up and do it ourselves?

Well there was five years at the last place and it still happened. I am tempted to draw up a plan of the new kitchen and mark the location of everything and then stick labels on the draw tops (so you can see it when you open it, but not from the outside)

More
10 years 2 months ago #481198 by ronnie
Replied by ronnie on topic Fantastic house sitters
You girls are so funny - its a MALE thing - their logic is so different from ours hence the shifting of things so it makes more sense to them [;)][;)] :D
We have this "deal" in that I do not go and organise his garage so he does not try and organise my kitchen :)

As for house sitters - the first ones we had (off this site) were fantastic. I came home to well looked after animals and my house was exactly how I left it. The next house sitter I had (also off this site) was the one from HELL. Still gives me nightmares and it was about 7 years ago [:0][:0][:0]

More
10 years 2 months ago #481216 by kai

ronnie;484926 wrote: You girls are so funny - its a MALE thing - their logic is so different from ours hence the shifting of things so it makes more sense to them [;)][;)] :D
We have this "deal" in that I do not go and organise his garage so he does not try and organise my kitchen :)

I have deal (having excess garages) do not pinch my tool sfrom my garage and if you say "it is in the garage" then my reply is which garage? If the reply is one of his, then I tell him you get it I am not looking in there as it will definitely not be where you think it is!

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds