January rainfall

More
11 years 3 months ago #452056 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic January rainfall
about 10-11mls i think at grove .. 10 mls here at home in feilding .. and its stopped now :(

The boy that i had that was badly fly struck was also very quiet and i got him in the paddock to.. i drenched him as well though .. :) today he is fine and got crutched and happily came for nuts :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #452057 by kindajojo
Replied by kindajojo on topic January rainfall
John...if he continues to improve, give him another dose in 6 weeks.

How are the wilti's

More
11 years 3 months ago #452058 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic January rainfall
John .. had to use that Zap encore junk ( 52 day with holding period when you read trhe bottle closely :( ) on Little one .. that i did on Saturday .. um he got crutched today and because of the mess from strike .. amlost 1/2 shorn lol .. and you can still see the blue of the Zap right through his wool even after the rain .. so i would say rain doesnt effect it much :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
11 years 3 months ago #452062 by LongRidge
Replied by LongRidge on topic January rainfall
I would think that the risk of Facial Eczema would be rather high with the light rain and high temperature we have had today.
Very, very good conditions for Barbers Pole. If you do an FEC and it shows eggs, then drench tomorrow. If it does not show eggs then the worms are probably doing lots of damage but not laying eggs, so it might be a good idea to drench them anyway if your animals are at risk.
The Zapp is likely to hold on with a bit of rain, but it won't stay at a lethal concentration for as long. Thus they are likely to be prone to strike in 4 weeks instead of the more usual 6 to 8 weeks.

More
11 years 3 months ago #452088 by kaumea
Replied by kaumea on topic January rainfall
still waiting...but looks good with thick low clouds and southerly coming in...

I don't have all I love anymore, but I still love all I have...

More
11 years 3 months ago #452368 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic January rainfall
I did our data collation yesterday. January's rainfall was the lowest in the ten years I have recordings, but December had been 50mm higher than average, so it all depends on the base we're coming from.

I spoke to friends from Waiuku yesterday who said they'd had nothing significant since October, so the 90mm they received in this last lot was a huge relief, but all at once won't have done as much good as it sounds.

More
11 years 3 months ago #452388 by LongRidge
Replied by LongRidge on topic January rainfall
I too did our January figures recently.
January low in 2009 = 14.25mm
19 year Mean = 84.75mm
Median in 2011 = 63mm
Mode = 51 to 70mm, 5 out of 19 years
High 1995 = 218mm
2013 = 186.5mm (but 125mm fell on one day)
Our problem is the cold.

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds