Water Treatment System Janola

More
11 years 3 months ago #448637 by Althea from Middelmost
I have been processing my cows milk for years (butter, cheese, ice-cream etc) and the only sterilizing I do is with boiling water. Mind you, I'm not talking about huge amounts of steralizing as nothing is on a commercial scale. All items are washed in normal dishwashing liquid (including the cream separator parts) and I pour boiling water from the kettle over them (or in the case of the buckets - a good swish out). Everything is air dried and I think this is one of the key things as teatowels are sometimes not the best in being germ free. I'm still alive but then I am the one in the 'tour group' who never gets Delhi Belly! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #448638 by jimminette

Althea from Middelmost;448948 wrote: I have been processing my cows milk for years (butter, cheese, ice-cream etc) and the only sterilizing I do is with boiling water. Mind you, I'm not talking about huge amounts of steralizing as nothing is on a commercial scale. All items are washed in normal dishwashing liquid (including the cream separator parts) and I pour boiling water from the kettle over them (or in the case of the buckets - a good swish out). Everything is air dried and I think this is one of the key things as teatowels are sometimes not the best in being germ free. I'm still alive but then I am the one in the 'tour group' who never gets Delhi Belly! :)

I must admit, the this is all we did for the baby (grandie lived with us from birth to 7 mths) and didn't have any problems. Maybe I'm just being over careful. Only us going to consume product so maybe give it a go. Must admit to cast iron stomachs in this household too. I do giggle at some aquaintences who have medical backgrounds - their kids all have dickky tummies. I grew up on a poultry farm in country (pre battery) and played in creeks etc so possibly got a good immune system from then.

More
11 years 3 months ago #448725 by TKFARMER
we have a treatment plant and were told to use biodegradable chemicals only and we get it serviced every 6 months. tkf :) :)

Playing farmer on 3.5 acres. [:)][:)]

More
11 years 3 months ago #448737 by kai
Replied by kai on topic Water Treatment System Janola
The amount of bleach required to sterilise some containers infrequently is very small and not likely to effect the operation of a septic tank. Think how many mls you would use compared with how many fresh bacteria you deposit in the tank yourself everyday.
But if concerned, chuck it on the driveway as others have suggested

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds