Simkin Bows Out

More
11 years 5 months ago #447600 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Simkin Bows Out
Thanks for that information. I can confirm that Simkin did make that donation. It was not made through the shop where all the details are captured. It was a payment into my bank account with no supporting information. My apologies for not being able to find it earlier.

This website is a complex beast and it takes a lot of work and money to get it working well. No one is above the rules.

Simkin was given an infringement for breaking forum rules. The forum is a community and the community works because we follow rules.

It's always a pity that one infringement a member doesn't agree with outweighs all the good they got from the site over the years.

I'm not perfect and don't claim to be but I do my best.

Regards
Kate

Web Goddess

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #447611 by Aquila
Replied by Aquila on topic Simkin Bows Out
I'll give simkin a call tomorrow

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

More
11 years 5 months ago #447629 by sonyajh
Replied by sonyajh on topic Simkin Bows Out
So disappointed to hear that matters can not be resolved because, selfishly, I want both of my chicken gurus on here :(

1/4 acre urban lifestyler [:D]

More
11 years 5 months ago #447632 by kate

sonyajh;447832 wrote: So disappointed to hear that matters can not be resolved because, selfishly, I want both of my chicken gurus on here :(

Me too.

This is my pitch, my ball and I'm the referee. Simkin was sin binned and isn't happy about it. Now the referee has been yelled at for a while and it's time to restart the game. Simkin can play if she wants to - it's her call.

However, any more comments/criticism/abuse of the referee should be done via email or pm, not online. I don't want to hold the game up any longer.

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
11 years 5 months ago #447633 by Mich
Replied by Mich on topic Simkin Bows Out
Yes, I'm sad to see this issue arise between 3 (including Kate) much respected people. I've only met two of you, but I really enjoy and value all of your posts.

Could we all please just agree that this was an unfortunate misunderstanding - that perceptions on all sides might not have been meant as they were taken, and make it possible for both Simkin and Sue to keep on posting their wonderful advice? :) The trouble is that once someone takes a public stand on something like this, it can be hard to back down. What this does is forces others to takes sides, either publicly or privately - which just exacerbates the situation. This site and the contributors who make it as good as it is, is far too valuable to way too many people to lose 2 (I notice that Sue's not posting now, either) long-standing members who have been so generous with their advice and helped many of us.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

More
11 years 5 months ago #447635 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic Simkin Bows Out
well said mich...

maybe sue , simkin and kate can share Ruths cake.. :D :D :D ..

chocie cake ( what other kind is there? )...fixes everything..

More
11 years 5 months ago #447636 by Mich
Replied by Mich on topic Simkin Bows Out
Well, knowing Blueberry and her prowess at cooking/baking, I think that's a wonderful idea, Steph. One of her cakes would put anything to rights! :D
Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

More
11 years 5 months ago #447638 by sonyajh
Replied by sonyajh on topic Simkin Bows Out

Kate;447837 wrote: Me too.

This is my pitch, my ball and I'm the referee. Simkin was sin binned and isn't happy about it. Now the referee has been yelled at for a while and it's time to restart the game. Simkin can play if she wants to - it's her call.

However, any more comments/criticism/abuse of the referee should be done via email or pm, not online. I don't want to hold the game up any longer.

Cheers
Kate

*hands up in the air with worried expression* Hi Kate, my message was just a reflective quiet sigh about the end result of Simkin saying she's leaving us, it was not at all directed at you :o I can only imagine the time you put into this website, when sometimes you'd possibly prefer to be doing a multitude of other things. I appreciate you too! :) Take care everyone. I'm off to bake a cake (chocolate of course - all welcome but you make your own coffee) and check on my little eggs due for hatching ... did I tell you I was excited much? [;)]

1/4 acre urban lifestyler [:D]

More
11 years 5 months ago #447640 by kate
Hi sonyajh

Sorry - my post was meant as a general post, it wasn't aimed at you specifically. I was just agreeing with your post before I got onto my rant.

Good luck with the hatching...and the baking. I'm going to make biscuits today, I don't eat them but I find baking therapeutic :D

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
11 years 5 months ago #447641 by Blueberry
Replied by Blueberry on topic Simkin Bows Out

Ruth;447779 wrote: As long as I get my cake.

Please deliver in person to Diggers Valley, so we can share it. If you send it, the mail guy will "lose" it; I'll be able to tell by the crumbs on the other mail.

The dictator pays the bills on this place and keeps it going; she's also playing a long game. This site is a great resource which fortunately attracts people who know lots of stuff along with lots of people don't know it yet but want to learn. There are seldom questions which don't get answered. Even when I buggered off for a while, the questions didn't go unanswered (imagine!); we'll all be ok.

sheeesh, Ruth, i just checked out your website - i think the 'delivery in person' we'll have to postpone for a little bit - we're half an island apart :( !! :D

Mich; thanks for the vote of confidence - i shall certainly make an extra effort now :p :p

Ruth, since you want chocolates AND cake - i take it chocolate cake is your first choice there, too??? - i mean, personally, is there such a thing as too much chocolate? (i did a bit of sleuthing and found your address, too[8D][8D])

P>S> And i promise i'll make an extra effort to disguise the packaging for the posties benefit

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

More
11 years 5 months ago #447649 by stephclark
:D :D .. seems everyone is in the kitchen today...baking up a storm..

Kate.. 100% behind you and support your decisions.. you do a fabulous job .. you did what you thought best.. certainly no reflection on you, the reaction others have to it...

keep up the good work...

i just hope this is all a just a sign of the stressful time of year and will all blow over soon and we can get back to enjoying the back and forth between these two amazing posters...always a good read, not matter the subject..

( does scare me how much they know about chooks thow.. i mean is that normal??? :D :D :D )

More
11 years 5 months ago #447656 by muri
Replied by muri on topic Simkin Bows Out
I think we should relay the cake up to Ruth.
It would be a hands on experience that would be good for the forum.
I would be very willing to help transport the cake to the next person up the line
Its unfair that Blackberry should bake the cake and then pay the freight as well, i think we should all help

More
11 years 5 months ago #447658 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic Simkin Bows Out

stephclark;447840 wrote: well said mich...

maybe sue , simkin and kate can share Ruths cake.. :D :D :D ...

Only if they come and get it. [}:)]

Blueberry;447846 wrote: sheeesh, Ruth, i just checked out your website - i think the 'delivery in person' we'll have to postpone for a little bit - we're half an island apart :( !! :D

Mich; thanks for the vote of confidence - i shall certainly make an extra effort now :p :p

Ruth, since you want chocolates AND cake - i take it chocolate cake is your first choice there, too??? - i mean, personally, is there such a thing as too much chocolate? (i did a bit of sleuthing and found your address, too[8D][8D])

P>S> And i promise i'll make an extra effort to disguise the packaging for the posties benefit

This is sounding quite serious! Heavens!

More
11 years 5 months ago #447664 by Blueberry
Replied by Blueberry on topic Simkin Bows Out
:D :D - what's that chinese saying: "Be careful what you wish for, you might get it??!? :D :D

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

More
11 years 5 months ago #447665 by stephclark

Blueberry;447869 wrote: :D :D - what's that chinese saying: "Be careful what you wish for, you might get it??!? :D :D

yip i can just picture it now.. a band of LSBers relaying up the country bearing baked goods... :D

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds