Weather records

More
11 years 10 months ago #32097 by Ruth
Weather records was created by Ruth
I've just been entering my temperature and rainfall data for the last month or so. Looking back over May and June, both months are a cooler than usual. In fact the whole year so far has been cooler than usual. Do you have any data?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #429289 by muri
Replied by muri on topic Weather records
NIWA puts out averages every month and they have been cooler.
But last year they were much hotter in this region at least
ie its not too meaningful in terms of the shcemes of things it just shows we have big variations in our climate

More
11 years 10 months ago #429291 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic Weather records
It may not be meaningful to you, Muri, but I would be interested to know how it has been in other parts of the country, as experienced by the membership here.

More
11 years 10 months ago #429366 by llvonn
Replied by llvonn on topic Weather records
You could try weather underground. Jus type in your address and look for the local stations.
www.wunderground.com/

1 Border Terrier, 5 hens, 5 chicks, an orchard and vege garden. All on 350 square metres.

More
11 years 10 months ago #429369 by Simkin
Replied by Simkin on topic Weather records
It's been cold and cloudy here all year - except for April which was nice and relatively warm.

More
11 years 10 months ago #429370 by Ruth
Thanks Simkin. I was just looking for the usual sort of weather stats comparison we do in here from time to time. Never mind. :)

More
11 years 9 months ago #429412 by robbie88
Replied by robbie88 on topic Weather records
For us May and June 2011 were exceptionally warm compared to previous years and surprisingly May and June 2012 are about average 2008 - 2010.
To-date June still needs more rain to come up to average 100mm.

Rob

More
11 years 9 months ago #429422 by Ruth
Thanks, Robbie.

I now have records going back about 17 years, which I've averaged in total and in five year increments. The last couple of years were much warmer and this is feeling rather cold again, although not out of line with some of those periods' data.

It doesn't mean anything in particular, but as a grass farmer, it helps inform my other observations.

More
11 years 9 months ago #429426 by igor
Replied by igor on topic Weather records
My father has rainfall records going back to the 1960's and possibly as far back as the late forties. It would be interesting to compare those with yours, Ruth. Different part of Northland but I would suspect the trends would be similar.

More
11 years 9 months ago #429427 by Ruth
Northland is extremely variable though. Ronnie and I often compare records and while I used to get more rainfall than her, things have changed in the last three or four years, and now she's regularly getting more than me - different ways the fronts and low-pressure systems come across the country. Mind you, the larger trends would presumably be the same.

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds