Why do children sleep in during the week and get up before sunrise in the weekends??

More
11 years 9 months ago #32090 by Xartep
DD was up and about at 6am, despite being told she wasn't allowed to get up before 7:30am. She went to sleep late too.

So now I've been up for over an hour, as I can't stay in bed once awake[:(!][:(!][:(!]

Was looking forward to a bit of a sleep in.

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #429168 by Stu_R
should have got her to make you coffee and breakfast in bed Xartep :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
11 years 9 months ago #429170 by pisa
They're still kids!
Wait til the hormones kick in and we'll never get them out of bed on the weekends! It's one up side of that whole thing that I'm looking forward to. [;)] :p

1 hubby, 2 kids, 1 cat, 1 dog, 2 swallows and I've lost count how many offsprings with even more grandkids, 5 bunny girls, 5 bunny boys, 12 chickens (rooster, pullets, chicks and more about to hatch hopefully) and 4 goats with two of them expecting any day! (24.10.14)
But who's counting [;)]...

More
11 years 9 months ago #429171 by Xartep
I blame Uncle Alec who taught DD and her friend how to play Diablio last night and got them all hyped up. They were all for going and waking him up at 6:30am also. Not the best idea - he doesn't have kids so isn't an early bird [B)]

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

More
11 years 9 months ago #429173 by jimminette
Wait until tomorrow when they are over tired.

More
11 years 9 months ago #429180 by Ruth

Xartep;427349 wrote: I blame Uncle Alec who taught DD and her friend how to play Diablio last night and got them all hyped up. They were all for going and waking him up at 6:30am also. Not the best idea - he doesn't have kids so isn't an early bird [B)]

Consequences: that's how we all learn. How will you teach Uncle Alec not to do such silly things, if not by experiencing the consequences? Uncle Alec could then have entertained your DD while you continued to snooze.[}:)]

More
11 years 9 months ago #429196 by Huggiechook
I am sure DiDi will be along shortly will some apparently foolproof (if not entirely legal) suggestions (;o)

Quarter Acre with Veggie Garden, Fruit trees, Berry bushes, Chicken run, Mushroom farm, Playground - and yes I manage to live there too [;)]

More
11 years 9 months ago #429198 by Ruth
Well of course one can keep a large stick at one's bedside to batter the buggers if they come in and wake you up. [}:)]

More
11 years 9 months ago #429206 by llvonn
When we were little Mum had the rule we could get up early but we had to leave her alone so we did, although I had the bad habit of setting and lighting the fire before she was up (in the fireplace). I was also making her breakfast (pot of tea and toast) and taking it in on a tray when I was five.
Of course in that situation you must insist on being told if there is an emergency and define what one was (we were once told not to interrupt Mum under any circumstances so when the lawn accidently caught on fire we didn't tell her - we did however put the fire out)
Of course next time Uncle Alex is visiting - go and stay at a hotel and let the kids wake him up early.

1 Border Terrier, 5 hens, 5 chicks, an orchard and vege garden. All on 350 square metres.

More
11 years 9 months ago #429207 by llvonn
When we were little Mum had the rule we could get up early but we had to leave her alone so we did, although I had the bad habit of setting and lighting the fire before she was up (in the fireplace). I was also making her breakfast (pot of tea and toast) and taking it in on a tray when I was five.
Of course in that situation you must insist on being told if there is an emergency and define what one was (we were once told not to interrupt Mum under any circumstances so when the lawn accidently caught on fire we didn't tell her - we did however put the fire out)
Of course next time Uncle Alex is visiting - go and stay at a hotel and let the kids wake him up early.

1 Border Terrier, 5 hens, 5 chicks, an orchard and vege garden. All on 350 square metres.

More
11 years 9 months ago #429247 by Huggiechook
When my big boy was old enough to know his numbers I bought a LED clock with BIG numbers and told him that he was not allowed out of his bed before there was a 6 in front. The first morning of having this clock at 5:59 - we hear him calling "not yet ... not yet ... noooot yeeeet ... ITS WAKIE TIME!!!" :o After that we made a few extra rules about playing quietly until we get up etc. Also his clock is now running about 20 min behind of the rest of the clocks in the house [;)] This seems to work quite well - mostly he plays quietly enough that not even his little brother wakes up :)
Obviously nothing works perfectly all the time - e.g. there was the time he build an enormous wood brick tower - that you guessed it - then collapsed spectacularly onto his wooden floor - talk about waking with a bang [:0]

Quarter Acre with Veggie Garden, Fruit trees, Berry bushes, Chicken run, Mushroom farm, Playground - and yes I manage to live there too [;)]

More
11 years 9 months ago #429417 by igor
A while ago my three youngest (6,8,&10) got up early and thought it would be a good idea to surpise me by baking a cake. I heard bowls and things rattling in the kitchen and thought they were just getting their usual breakfast. The cake turned out okay too. They had enough sense (or maybe fear of personal injury) to cook it in the microwave thankfully.

More
11 years 9 months ago #429475 by tonic
one of mine always gets up before us, and has since he was a toddler! once he was out of a cot he started coming in to us. for a while he had to stay in bed until an alarm clock went off then he would come and slip in with us. nowadays he always comes and slips in our bed, we have the rule that so long as he lies still and silent that is ok. he is such a energy ball every other moment of the day that we have come to love when he snuggles up to us and has a cuddle.

i never thought i would want my kids coming in to my bed but i really love it now, but my 2 will return to their room and stay there if asked so i guess that takes any potential annoyance out of it. i am a softy that could cuddle them all day, and i know i won't have the chance for much longer.

More
11 years 9 months ago #429489 by Minky2
I think most parents get a 'reprieve' as they go through the teenage 'sleeping in' years, but then it seems to get worse again if they're still at home after that. I seem to live in total chaos - one starts work at 5 PM, and goes to bed at 6 am, one starts work at 4 am and gets home at 1 pm - another one starts work at 7.30 am or 9.30 and can be home any time from 4 pm to 7 pm. I feel totally addled, never know whether I am cooking lunch, dinner or afternoon tea and when it's going to get eaten. If we didn't have microwaves I'd be sunk. Still waiting for them to leave home so I can live the 'quiet life' - how do you achieve that??

More
11 years 9 months ago #429493 by Huggiechook

Minky2;427692 wrote: ... Still waiting for them to leave home so I can live the 'quiet life' - how do you achieve that??

i guess you could start charging rent [8D]

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds