Dogs Wrongly Accused

More
12 years 1 week ago #421203 by LMCL65
Replied by LMCL65 on topic Dogs Wrongly Accused

muri;418333 wrote: Border collies are pretty loyal and tend not to wander.

I had a lovely Border Collie, rescue dog, loyal as the day is long, and would wander if left the opportunity to visit her neighbourhood and keep and eye on everyone, thankfully didn't come to grief, but kept me busy trying to find and tend to any escape routes, being a clever breed she found ones I hadn't even thoughts of. This was when I lived in a small town so luckily no livestock nearby.

Laurette, mother to Eamon (16), Sebastian and Cheve (angel cats) Henry and Bellatrix cats, Sadie and Billy Bob(dogs) Rocky, Lola and Hersephone (rainbow goat) (Goats), Sparrow and Esme (cows), 6 chickens , 6 Khaki campbell ducks, tadpoles and goldfish.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 week ago #421205 by vjp
Replied by vjp on topic Dogs Wrongly Accused
Hi everyone had a couple of really stressful weeks, the neighbour has taken to staring tactics now but I took the "back off stance". Nevertheless although I am adament that the dogs did not kill the chickens, together they are hard to contain and I have to keep an eye on them 24/7, turn my back and they are half way into the bush. Ive decided in the end to rehome one of them and have posted on the forum. By having them apart for a few weeks, we noticed two very different dogs emerged. Thanks all for your advice and support - it meant alot

More
12 years 1 week ago #421209 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic Dogs Wrongly Accused

vjp;418508 wrote: Hi everyone had a couple of really stressful weeks, the neighbour has taken to staring tactics now but I took the "back off stance". Nevertheless although I am adament that the dogs did not kill the chickens, together they are hard to contain and I have to keep an eye on them 24/7, turn my back and they are half way into the bush. Ive decided in the end to rehome one of them and have posted on the forum. By having them apart for a few weeks, we noticed two very different dogs emerged. Thanks all for your advice and support - it meant alot

Brave and sad decision vjp :( ....i hope you find a suitable home for the wee guy .... If you lived down this end of the island I would have suggested my in laws ...they had a JR for years and loved him to pieces (spoilt brat was Ben:rolleyes:) and I sometimes think the caring for him gave them purpose :) ..when Ben was PTS they decided they were too old for another dog but an older one may well have fit the bill ...they have both just turned 86[:0]...I would have suggested a trial run if you lived near them but sadly too far to risk it not working ...he looks a lovely boy (seen the pic in your other thread) and I am sure there is a home for him out there[^]
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds