NAIT Questions and Answers forum

More
9 years 7 months ago #494716 by NAIT Ltd

Somerslea;499699 wrote: I have a problem with an owner who has not created a movement for his animals when they left our farm to calve. I created a movement (because I was getting births registered to my NAIT Number) which the owner rejected but he has not created a movement in place of the rejection, so technically we still have his cows. He uses MINDA therefore everytime he records a birth it is recorded as being born at our farm because technically his cows havent left. Nothing is recorded under his NAIT Number, every notification I get says LIC and all notifications are regarding my NAIT Number not the owners, I physically have to look up the tag number to work out who the heck the animals belong to (we are grazing more than one persons animals). We are now getting movements from our Nait Number with regard to the calves that were born at his NAIT number (not ours) to random NAIT Numbers that we have no knowledge of. I believe that no-one should be able to create a movement or register a birth to my Nait Number without my knowledge. Somewhere surely the Owners NAIT number should have to be recorded! Why should I have to try and sort this, surely it is the Owners responsibility not mine? I am quite happy to accept movements to and from but there should be checks and balances and NOONE should be able to record a birth to my NAIT number except for me! WE DO NOT USE MINDA AND WE ARE NOT LIC CLIENTS. What happens if one of these animals that have never set foot on our place gets TB and they are registered to our NAIT Number? Why should I have to delete these animals, they arent mine to start with?

Hi Somerslea,

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. Please call our contact centre on 0800 624 843 to talk further about this so we can try and sort it out for you (we're available Monday to Friday, 8am-5pm).

We take this issue seriously, and are working with LIC to ensure only correct and permitted data is supplied to us. If anyone experiences a NAIT accredited information provider acting on your account without your permission, please call to let us know.

The team at NAIT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.nait.co.nz | www.tbfree.co.nz | www.ospri.co.nz

The NAIT and TBfree New Zealand programmes are powered by OSPRI New Zealand

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #496645 by Stormer
Hi,

Rookie post here - so here goes!

MY NAIT account is showing too many cattle for my property. I know how many I have, and they were recently scanned so I know the individual numbers. The issue is a historical one whereby movements (to slaughterhouses) that I was asked to confirm included animals which were either not ours, or didn't have the correct numbers. Given the number of animals passing through the works they were unwilling/unable to help, especially as time dragged on.

I have contacted NAIT early this year to try and reconcile this but received no reply despite the guy on the phone insisting he would help (this isn't helped by the fact I am living overseas at the moment so cannot use the toll-free number).

I can either put the extra head down as killed - and look like a bad farmer! or someone at NAIT can either track them down or correct the headcount centrally if I can actually get in touch....

What should I do in this case?

Thanks

More
9 years 5 months ago #497124 by NAIT Ltd
Hey LSBers,

Here's an update on some changes that are coming up for NAIT RFID tags.

- From December, you'll need to use your NAIT number when ordering NAIT RFID tags. This will ensure all tags are linked to your NAIT account, so it's easy for you to find and activate your tags in the NAIT system once they're applied to animals.
- From July 2015, traka and management RFID tags will not be sold. This aligns with the end of the 3-year transition period for cattle.
- From July 2015, you will need to tag animals with either a birth tag for newborn animals or a replacement tag for animals that lose their RFID tag.

Read more about the types of tags here

Remember that all cattle (even those born before 1 July 2012 when NAIT became mandatory) need to be tagged and registered in the NAIT system (also known as activating their tags) by 1 July 2015.

Find out how to be ready here

Have a great Friday all!

The team at NAIT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

More
9 years 5 months ago #497144 by max2
Heaps of un-tagged and young animals still running around these parts..

More
8 years 7 months ago #512136 by max2
NAIT your website has been unavailable for most of the afternoon (that I have been trying) to log in using chrome. But I can get in via Firefox.. (just in case anyone else is trying).

More
8 years 7 months ago #512138 by NAIT Ltd
Hey Max2

We can't see any issues with it from our end and haven't had any other reports of people not being able to log in today. If you keep having issues though give us a call on 0800 482 463 and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks - Shelley

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

More
8 years 7 months ago #512159 by Sue
max2, I use Chrome and just tested it out, logged in tonight OK here!

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds