NAIT Questions and Answers forum

More
10 years 6 months ago #473461 by NAIT Ltd
The October e-news is being sent out this week. If you haven't received it yet, you can visit the website to read it now.

It features articles on:

- your NAIT requirements for events (A&P shows, rodeos and school pet days / calf clubs)
- the new ASD forms that must be used from 1 November 2013, and
- the improvements our team have been making to the NAIT system.

Read the October NAIT e-news edition

Subscribe to the NAIT e-news

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.nait.co.nz | www.tbfree.co.nz | www.ospri.co.nz

The NAIT and TBfree New Zealand programmes are powered by OSPRI New Zealand

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #473476 by Cigar
Our ag days have already been. The school ag day was Saturday and Group day (4 rural schools) was yesterday.

I suggest you make a note to include the info on ag days in the September issues in the future, so anyone not up with the play has time to get things sorted.

On the plus side, I didn't notice any calves without NAIT tags, and the judges were asking the children questions about them and what they were for as part of the rearing section.

More
10 years 6 months ago #473485 by max2
I don't think our neighbouring kids were asked questions, esp. the young one with the missing tag but ripped ear. Off to group day shortly, perhaps that will be another opportunity?

Anyhow I put my concerns in an email directly to NAIT and received a call from one of NAIT's kind CS people. Her advise was that school judges have no way of knowing whether a calf is NAIT registered or not, and have no power on behalf of NAIT to act otherwise.

More
10 years 6 months ago #473715 by LongRidge
Very true. Because an animal has a NAIT tag in it's ear does not automatically mean that the information has been passed on to NAIT.
Hopefully NAIT have now set up a system where they only hassle the person who has sent an unrecorded animal away, rather than the receiver of an unrecorded animal that has been recorded by the receiver since the movement.

More
10 years 6 months ago #473741 by NAIT Ltd
Have you got the latest ASD forms?

The Animal Status Declaration (ASD) form, which must be completed for all movements of cattle and deer, was updated in May 2012 with a phase-in period during which the older forms could still be used. That phase-in period comes to an end on 1 November 2013. This means that from 1 November you must use the latest (May 2012) ASD forms, and older forms may not be accepted.

Make sure any ASD forms you use from 1 November are marked with the May 2012 approval date and have a box at the top right for including your NAIT number for cattle or deer.

To get new ASD forms either:

- visit tbfree.org.nz to download them
- email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or,
- call TBfree New Zealand on 0800 482 4636.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

More
10 years 6 months ago #473890 by Ruth
Every damned time! Try and upload a csv file which is exactly the same as the one you previously uploaded ... and it won't go. God this is frustrating. AGAIN.

More
10 years 2 months ago #482496 by NAIT Ltd
The NAIT slaughter levy for cattle has been reduced from $1 to 50 cents per tagged carcass from 1 March 2014.

NAIT's intention is to only recover what it needs to operate and maintain its systems and to reduce costs to farmers as soon as possible. This is the second reduction after the original slaughter levy of $1.35 was reduced to $1, and the cattle tag levy was reduced from $1.10 to 90 cents in March 2013.

The $13 Impractical to Tag levy for untagged animals at meat processors will remain unchanged. All rates exclude GST.

Read the full article here

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

More
10 years 1 month ago #483992 by NAIT Ltd
We're introducing a new, simplified look for our NAIT system email notifications, which you'll start receiving soon. You'll notice:

- Clear email subject lines, with 'to do' at the beginning of those which require action from you.
- A simplified format.
- Traffic light symbols at the beginning of each notification to help you prioritise your emails.
- An explanation of what has happened in your NAIT account.
- Details of what you need to do, if anything, with direct links to the right place in your NAIT account online.

We're also simplifying the options for setting your email notification preferences. You will be able to choose which emails you want to receive, so you can focus on what's important to you.

Read more about the changes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

More
10 years 1 week ago #486562 by max2
Hello NAIT, we recently had to ask and adjoining boundary neighbour to remove and further restrain their stock from the back of our property. Their stock has been wandering over a number of properties recently and this weekend were sent/walked up the road to graze there.

We have some concerns in regard to the health of the animals (several are suffering from facial execemia) and most appear in need of worming. My concern is the possible spread of BVD.

From the animals I saw on our property, none were tagged with NAIT tags but had AHB tags. They appear to be replacements for the adjoining dairy business/family.

So my question to NAIT is how far along is the system for reporting of potential unreported movements for tracking of diseased stock?

More
10 years 1 week ago #486566 by NAIT Ltd

max2;490842 wrote: Hello NAIT, we recently had to ask and adjoining boundary neighbour to remove and further restrain their stock from the back of our property. Their stock has been wandering over a number of properties recently and this weekend were sent/walked up the road to graze there.

We have some concerns in regard to the health of the animals (several are suffering from facial execemia) and most appear in need of worming. My concern is the possible spread of BVD.

From the animals I saw on our property, none were tagged with NAIT tags but had AHB tags. They appear to be replacements for the adjoining dairy business/family.

So my question to NAIT is how far along is the system for reporting of potential unreported movements for tracking of diseased stock?

Hi Max2,

Thanks for your question. The NAIT scheme is moving into the last year of its transition phase. All pre NAIT cattle (born before 1 July 2012) must be tagged and registered in the NAIT system by 1 July 2015. However if these animals are moved to a different NAIT number, which it sounds like your neighbour has done, they must be tagged and registered prior to movement and then the movement must be recorded.

We are happy to follow up instances of non-compliance with the scheme. Call our contact centre on 0800 624 843 with details of the property involved and we can help educate the relevant person on what is required.

Thanks,

The team at NAIT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

More
10 years 1 week ago #486607 by max2
Many thanks for your reply. :) Much as I thought.

My next question is will NAIT track only notifiable disease or something along the lines of BVD?

(don't get me wrong, I am peeved they were allowed to be 'missing'' for so long from the owners property (lazy so and so) but I am concerned about the potential due to his negligence of other diseases coming onto our property too.)

More
10 years 1 week ago #486632 by NAIT Ltd

max2;490891 wrote: Many thanks for your reply. :) Much as I thought.

My next question is will NAIT track only notifiable disease or something along the lines of BVD?

(don't get me wrong, I am peeved they were allowed to be 'missing'' for so long from the owners property (lazy so and so) but I am concerned about the potential due to his negligence of other diseases coming onto our property too.)

Hi Max2,

The NAIT system has the ability to hold other types of disease information, however the desire for NAIT to manage this would need to be led by the relevant industry that is affected by the disease.

Thanks,

The team at NAIT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

More
10 years 1 week ago #486652 by NAIT Ltd
Hi everyone,

Last week we made some changes to the NAIT system - you may have read about these in our e-newsletter. Here's a summary for you:

- Movement categories: We have changed the way your movements are categorised and displayed to make it easier for you to know which ones require your action. You now have three movement categories; action required, incomplete and complete. Find out more.
- Receiver initiated movements: When a person receiving stock records the receiving movement before the sender, previously the sender could not see what had been recorded. We have updated this so that the sender can view the movement details and easily record a matching movement, or deny the movement if the details are incorrect. Find out more.
- Pending animals: Now when you look at your list of registered animals, those which are pending off your farm are automatically excluded. Pending off your farm means they have already been recorded in a movement off your property but are yet to be confirmed by the receiver. Find out more.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

More
10 years 6 days ago #486668 by LongRidge
I have recently obtained cattle grazing from a neighbour. I presume but don't know if he is NAIT registered. He has gone overseas until November so cannot be contacted easily. How do I change his land registration to my registration, so that I don't have to record my cattle movement into and from his property every time I open the gate for the cattle?

More
10 years 6 days ago #486703 by NAIT Ltd

LongRidge;490961 wrote: I have recently obtained cattle grazing from a neighbour. I presume but don't know if he is NAIT registered. He has gone overseas until November so cannot be contacted easily. How do I change his land registration to my registration, so that I don't have to record my cattle movement into and from his property every time I open the gate for the cattle?

Hi LongRidge,

If you are a person in charge of animals (PICA) on your neighbours property, and their property touches boundaries with yours or is within 20km, you can add this farm to your NAIT number. This means you could move animals between the two properties without having to record the movement in the NAIT system each time. To do this, follow these instructions:

1. Log on to your NAIT account here .
2. On your homepage click 'manage NAIT activities' and then 'view/update NAIT number registration details'.
3. In the registered farms section click 'change'.
4. Here you can search for the property you want to add to your NAIT number. Once you find the correct property click 'add this farm'.
5. Click 'continue' to complete the process.

If you need help, call us on 0800 624 843.

Thanks,

The team at NAIT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds