NAIT Questions and Answers forum

More
11 years 1 week ago #460672 by Sue
Thanks NAIT team, easy when it is explained like that, and of course we are far too busy to go and look up the user guides!!!

I still can't quite understand why one uses the 'Add more' button, when you can only do one at a time, because that is the animal whose details you have on screen!
Anyway, now knowing how makes it easy, thanks!

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago #460736 by NAIT Ltd

NAIT Ltd;462305 wrote: Here's a few links to some user guides which may be helpful when you want to add other identifiers to your animals:

The team at NAIT

Good news...our IT team have been working on changing this so you will no longer have to click the '+add more' button for it to save the visual identifier you have typed in. Soon you will simply be able to type the identifier into the box, and it will automatically be saved when you click the 'register' or 'save'' button at the bottom of the page. This will be updated in the next improvement release, which should be soon.

Thanks for the feedback.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.nait.co.nz | www.tbfree.co.nz | www.ospri.co.nz

The NAIT and TBfree New Zealand programmes are powered by OSPRI New Zealand

More
11 years 1 week ago #460745 by max2

NAIT Ltd;462377 wrote: Good news...our IT team have been working on changing this so you will no longer have to click the '+add more' button for it to save the visual identifier you have typed in. Soon you will simply be able to type the identifier into the box, and it will automatically be saved when you click the 'register' or 'save'' button at the bottom of the page. This will be updated in the next improvement release, which should be soon.

Thanks for the feedback.

Many thanks for listening! [^] :)

More
10 years 11 months ago #461706 by NAIT Ltd

NAIT Ltd;461720 wrote: Hi Lifestylers,

Feel like winning a trip to Sydney for the All Blacks Australia Bledisloe cup match?

Get your NAIT and Farming show bumper sticker, stick it on your ute / bike/ beer fridge or anywhere, and upload a picture to the Farmingshow website. Simple.

Visit their website to find out more and get your sticker.

Goodluck,

The Team at NAIT

It's great to see the entries coming in for this competition! Check out some of the creative photos.

The competition ends at noon June 17th, so get your bumper sticker now to enter.

And we hope to see you at Mystery Creek in June for the National Fieldays! Our team will be there to get you registered for NAIT, answer any questions about your requirements, and help you with using the NAIT system. Come and see us in the Mystery Creek Pavilion, stand PE 38-42 with TBfree New Zealand.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

More
10 years 11 months ago #461790 by LongRidge
I've just been told by NAIT that the bull I bought in October, and told NAIT about, has been recorded by the seller as having been sent to me. I'm interested that the seller has at last got around to this. But this bull went to Alliance Levin on 20 March 2013, which we told NAIT about. So why did someone at NAIT waste my very expensive broadband time telling me this useless bit of information?

More
10 years 11 months ago #461797 by Ruth
Your problem is that their communication takes up more of your broadband data than posting on here? Your comments are sometimes completely unfathomable.

More
10 years 11 months ago #461813 by Aquila
Ruth and longridge, are you two married too each other? Seems like you should be some days......

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

More
10 years 11 months ago #461815 by Sue
Longridge if you really don't want to get emails regarding your transactions you can actually go to a box and tick which, if any, you want to know about!

Log on to your NAIT page, go to My details, and then Edit my details.
Scroll down to the bottom, where it says E mail notification type, there are several options as to when you want to be notified about what-and there is an option of just leaving it blank.

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
10 years 11 months ago #461851 by LongRidge
Thanks, Sue.

More
10 years 11 months ago #461857 by max2

Aquila;463584 wrote: Ruth and longridge, are you two married too each other? Seems like you should be some days......

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

No bites yet. Now that is surprising.... :D :D :D [;)]

More
10 years 9 months ago #466002 by max2
Hi NAIT, I am updating the database for my last lot of purchases and adding new visual tag id''s, old visual tag ids such as the sales yard tag, as well as sex of the beast.

Is it possible sometime soon to add a ''more information'' section for each beast please?
It will save us users double handling information into excel files such as drenching dates for our future reference (and those of any purchaser) and a one copy record. Seeing we have to use the NAIT system, it might as well be as user friendly as possible.... [;)]

(so far I have been a bit cheeky and entering it in the other visual tag section, however now that I am up to no. 4 beast, I have to re-word it for each beastie so the nait system doesn't reject the info as a copy..)

More
10 years 9 months ago #466068 by NAIT Ltd

swaggie;468162 wrote: Hi NAIT, I am updating the database for my last lot of purchases and adding new visual tag id''s, old visual tag ids such as the sales yard tag, as well as sex of the beast.

Is it possible sometime soon to add a ''more information'' section for each beast please?
It will save us users double handling information into excel files such as drenching dates for our future reference (and those of any purchaser) and a one copy record. Seeing we have to use the NAIT system, it might as well be as user friendly as possible.... [;)]

(so far I have been a bit cheeky and entering it in the other visual tag section, however now that I am up to no. 4 beast, I have to re-word it for each beastie so the nait system doesn't reject the info as a copy..)

Hi Swaggie,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have passed your feedback on to our IT team and they have added it to their list of system enhancements. They regularly review and prioritise suggested enhancements along with new capabilities and any fixes to determine what will be built based on user, stakeholder and business needs. They are also looking at being able to capture additional animal attributes such as treatments in the future as well.

Thanks,

The team at NAIT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

More
10 years 9 months ago #466293 by max2
me again..... I'm trying to follow the instructions on todays email for updating untagged stock. For the life of me I cannot find the ''farm details" section nor a change button once I have logged in and clicked on my NAIT number (only 1 property for me).

I'm posting this here in case others are in the same boat....:o

More
10 years 9 months ago #466754 by max2
Me again..... last week I sent a small number (under 10) head of stock to the store market. 6 of my beasts (I am told) were put across the scales and their weights averaged out and sold as a lot.

I'm not particularly happy one beast of better and substantially heavier breeding wasn't separated from that group, and feel after discussions with some local bods, water trickling down my back...

Can I enquire via the NAIT system whether my cows weent to the one buyer? I'm not wanting buyer details, just to know if there was more than one buyer involved for the group of 6.

More
10 years 9 months ago #466980 by NAIT Ltd

swaggie;468985 wrote: Me again..... last week I sent a small number (under 10) head of stock to the store market. 6 of my beasts (I am told) were put across the scales and their weights averaged out and sold as a lot.

I'm not particularly happy one beast of better and substantially heavier breeding wasn't separated from that group, and feel after discussions with some local bods, water trickling down my back...

Can I enquire via the NAIT system whether my cows weent to the one buyer? I'm not wanting buyer details, just to know if there was more than one buyer involved for the group of 6.

Hi Swaggie,

Sorry for the late reply. We are unable to provide you with information on the location or future ownership of animals which you were previously in charge of. A person in charge of animals can only request information on animals which they are currently in charge of, or information on animal movements directly to and from their own NAIT location.

Thanks,

The team at NAIT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds