Help what to do with pigs!

More
12 years 1 month ago #414486 by charlotte1
What about just ringing a local stock agent they are always talking to farmers and may know of someone looking for pigs.

I would hate to be paying to feed our piggies, 1 sow and 3 that are close to going in the freezer. I am lucky we always have milk from the cows and they eat grains/mix that the cows are getting mixed into their maize on the feed pad. It is purchased by the truck and trailer load so a few sacks per load don't go amiss.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #414491 by Clods
Replied by Clods on topic Help what to do with pigs!
I still have 2 piglets for sale in the wellington area - about 11 weeks old ;)

2 horses, 15 Chickens, 1 goat, 2 pigs, 1 cat

More
12 years 1 month ago #414514 by mikethebike
Pigs update, I think i have sold two of them for $200 each so still have two to go, they are large white X saddleback between 30 & 40 kilos at a guess, so they could probably go straight into the freezer, but if i were keeping them for pork i would definately give them another 4-5 weeks.
hey mc2631 do i know you?
I would describe these as porkers rather than weaners as they have been weaned for about 6-7 weeks.

Mike and Suzi living the lifestyle in sunny central hawkes bay, Still loads of animals oh and we still have our Zebra truck.

More
12 years 1 month ago #414628 by mc2631
Replied by mc2631 on topic Help what to do with pigs!
Hi Mike Don't think I know you as only been in CHB for the past year.$200 each is a good price as I just sold a large white x duroc for $170 (of trade items) at 47kg. She was 9 months old and slower growing but all good things take time.:rolleyes: Are they all boars left? would prefer the sow but I suppose she would have been sold by now? Im happy to take the 2 around the 140 mark for each one and can pick them up on Sunday. But if you can get $200 for them thats good. I have a great set up and provide all my pigs great care with plenty of room and feed.

I would pay more for the sow though.

Also would be good to meet someone local. :)

More
12 years 1 month ago #414630 by mikethebike
hey mc2631 yep will take 140 for the boar and i do still have the sow come and av a look sure we can come to some agreement save me selling the pig to the indian guy that im not comfortable about.

Mike and Suzi living the lifestyle in sunny central hawkes bay, Still loads of animals oh and we still have our Zebra truck.

More
12 years 1 month ago #414633 by mc2631
Replied by mc2631 on topic Help what to do with pigs!
cheers will do

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds