I thought this was dangerous

More
12 years 4 months ago #406843 by tonic
Replied by tonic on topic I thought this was dangerous

Hawkspur;402681 wrote: At least he gets to be in the house, not a paddock.[;)] :D :D

spoilt isn't he!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #406870 by topcat83

tonic;402747 wrote: spoilt isn't he!

get stuck with the one mate though, I bet! :)

Oh dear - this is addictive. Now up to 4 alpaca boys, 6 girls (3 pregnant ones), a beautiful cria, a quarter of a stud (I hope we get the dangly bits) and six more girls on the way. The sheep who thinks he's an alpaca goes to meet some new friends tomorrow, we're down to 1 rescue cat, but are still...

More
12 years 4 months ago #407002 by pipjhall
I think it's great that you said something, StuR. Somebody could get really hurt.
I bought a ewe with two lambs this past autumn (off TM) and the lambs were one male, one female, with the male advertised as a whether. We were planning to keep them all as lawnmowers, with the females for future breeding. I noticed the "whether" trying to mount his sister and also headbutting the goat a lot. Thankfully, I had read enough on LSB to know a little bit about cryptorchids so in December I asked my shearer to confirm for me whether he was actually a crypt, or maybe even entire. Before that I couldn't get close enough to check and he was too woolly to see anything hanging down.
It turns out he's a crypt. Now that is definitely NOT what he was advertised as. We could have had a nasty surprise in future months as our so-called whether got stroppier and bossier. Needless to say he's no longer going to be a lawnmower but now he will be a spit roast for hubby's 40th birthday in March.

More
12 years 4 months ago #407006 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic I thought this was dangerous
Pip :) um yeah .. been there done that .. brought my original sheep as a lot off trademe .. 3 ewes. 2 dorper wethers , and 3 wether lambs
One of the wether lambs turned out to deffiantely be crypt :( .. he managed to get one of the ewes preggers , and head butt me twice befor he made the freezer ( yep earlier than intended by a fair bit )
The neighbours out there also had a ram that had been a pet n bottle raissed .. Blackie had about 3 goes at me when i turn back and walk through paddock .. i learnt after 1 st time .. and then was watch out of corner opf eye .. it had him stuffed as to ho i knew he was comming and could side step ... the first time he had a go he got me and it hurt .. after that he never got me again :) i did get him a few tiumes though :) lol
So i do know the pain a pet ram can inflrict ... had to say something eh :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
12 years 4 months ago #407007 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic I thought this was dangerous
hi Pip
Um had to say something eh :)
I have been there done that :(
Brought my first ever sheep off trademe ( and yep i knew nothing ) 3 ewes , 2 dorper wethers, and 3 wether lambs
One of the wether Lambs turned out to be a Crypt :( .. managed to get one of the ewes preggers and head but me befor he made freezer ( and yes earlier than orginaly intended )
Neighbours out the grove had a ram that had been bottle fed and a pet long time back ( well befor i ever went out there ) ... Blackie had a go and got me first time i walked through paddock and had turned back on him ... it farkin hurt to ... it was his one and only success :) .. always watched him after that and could side step the charge .. ( yeah ok :) got him a couple of times with a well placed backhander as he raced by :) lol )
So i know the dangers of hand raissed /bottle fed rams :(

:) the hubbys 40th sounds like a wonderfull cause and great end for the young man concernned :) .... enjoy him :) they always taste better when its partly revenge :) :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds