I thought this was dangerous

More
12 years 4 months ago #406428 by thevarneys
I wonder what they meant by 'you can't stop evolution' ??
Considering there is actually no proof for evolution. I think they meant 'you can't stop animals being animals.

Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #406434 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic I thought this was dangerous

thevarneys;402298 wrote: ...Considering there is actually no proof for evolution....

Of which you're proof? [}:)]

More
12 years 4 months ago #406435 by Hawkspur

thevarneys;402298 wrote: I wonder what they meant by 'you can't stop evolution' ??
Considering there is actually no proof for evolution. I think they meant 'you can't stop animals being animals.

Ruth;402306 wrote: Of which you're proof? [}:)]

Evolution is an unproven theory, yes, because it is a scientific theory.
There are no proofs in science. Proofs are used in the closed systems of maths and logic. Not in science.
Science uses probabilities and hypotheses and evidence.
There is a very high probability that the theory of evolution is true, based on a huge amount of evidence - but no proof![;)]

More
12 years 4 months ago #406436 by thevarneys
They teach it in the schools as proof, but are basing their theories on some assumptions of which there is no hard evidence. Because they teach it as fact, and have done since about 19something, everyone thinks it is true. The same kind of true that our govt holds that coke is ok for us to drink but not raw milk. People actually do believe that[:0].
There is plenty of evidence for creation.
One of the biggest farces is that table thing which has the eras or periods on it (jurassic etc). They made that up in 18something, before carbon dating was available. But they have to hold to it, otherwise people might start to question it......
And it is a closed circut, where they use the layer of rock a fossil was found in to date the fossil (even though the layers are not always consistant), and they date the rock layers by the fossils found in them (even though many fossils are found in several layers).

More
12 years 4 months ago #406437 by thevarneys
There is nothing that disproves creation.....

More
12 years 4 months ago #406438 by Ruth
You tread a risky path, TheVarneys, stating what I presume are strong religious beliefs on a site where many members are of a scientific bent or interest. I doubt you'll get a huge amount of supportive response. :)

[Going to shelter under my desk now, in case I've enraged a religious throng.]

More
12 years 4 months ago #406439 by thevarneys
What risks am I taking? I wouldnt be on this forum if I couldn't handle the replies one might expect[;)]
Aren't we lucky that even while we might not be able to grow our own food in this country [}:)] we still have freedom of beliefs and speech :D
And I believe that God made the world and everything in it and all the universe around it. And in believing that, I have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

More
12 years 4 months ago #406440 by thevarneys
And by the way, I am not religious.[;)] :D

More
12 years 4 months ago #406441 by Hawkspur

thevarneys;402308 wrote: They teach it in the schools as proof...

Schools teach the theory of evolution, and the theory of gravity, and also teach Statistics so that hopefully there is an understanding of the probabilities of things being correct.

thevarneys;402309 wrote: There is nothing that disproves creation.....

Hawkspur;402307 wrote: ...There are no proofs in science...

:)

It is a bit like DNA evidence in court. Often experts are asked is this proof that X did this?
The answer is it is not proven, but it is very very likely.

More
12 years 4 months ago #406442 by terralee

thevarneys;402311 wrote:
And I believe that God made the world and everything in it and all the universe around it. And in believing that, I have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

Us too[^] :D

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
12 years 4 months ago #406443 by thevarneys
Shall we tell Ruth she can come out from under her desk? :D

More
12 years 4 months ago #406446 by Hawkspur

thevarneys;402315 wrote: Shall we tell Ruth she can come out from under her desk? :D

I only get under mine for quakes over 5.0 [;)] such as on Friday.

More
12 years 4 months ago #406448 by kate
Replied by kate on topic I thought this was dangerous
You can discuss anything as long as it fits within the forum rules....and as long as any contrary opinions address the topic not the holder of the opinion :D

I'm not religious and am very uncomfortable with conspiracy theories, whether about religion, evolution or banning the sharing of seeds [}:)]

In my view, most people, including politicians, are decent human beings trying to do their best in a difficult world. They may have massive egos that lead them astray but I don't think they're evil or malicious....with the odd exception [;)]

I think that evolution has been shown to be overwhelmingly more likely than creation but have no problem with people thinking otherwise. Each to their own....

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
12 years 4 months ago #406451 by Ruth
I just cease taking them seriously. Fortunately I have a terrible memory and soon forget who said what. :D

More
12 years 4 months ago #406453 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic I thought this was dangerous
Going back to the original posting - we run farm tours for (mainly) city folk, and one of the things they find interesting is the fact that we ringed the male lamb we needed to hand rear, and that I always know where the "very laid back and gentlemanly" ram is when we are in the paddock with him and his flock. They do all seem to think that we should have been able to keep Sylvester entire as he "is so tame", and that hand rearing would have kept him tame and well behaved forever. I do think there is a tremendous amount of ignorance "out there" and probably 5 years ago I too would have not thought twice about buying a tame ram. It is up to people like us to do a bit of educating of the masses, so that people don't get hurt, and then the "killer" ram or whatever is blamed. However, it is not too much of a leap to dogs that are fine one moment and then not another, or fine with one owner but not another. They are animals and however much we like to anthormorphise they are still animals.

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds