I thought this was dangerous

More
12 years 4 months ago #30065 by Simkin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #406321 by ronnie
Replied by ronnie on topic I thought this was dangerous
Oh dear :(

More
12 years 4 months ago #406322 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic I thought this was dangerous
I might just have to say something on that one ... Wiltshires ( well Shire , No 17, No 19, and even Morrie ) are fairly laid back and easygoing boys .. my limited experrience .. but noe of those were bottle feds
No 17 ( belongs to Wiltshire on this site ) is the most laid back easy going boy you could ever meet :)

After being on the recieving end of a stroppy ram ( belonged to neighbours) um might just have to say something on that one :(

>>> ok open'd my mouth on it .. tried to get point across without destroying it .. and having them remove it

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
12 years 4 months ago #406324 by Simkin
Replied by Simkin on topic I thought this was dangerous
Stu - I mean the fact that he was hand reared and thus has lost his natural fear of humans. Not the breed - we had a Whiltshire ram for 10 years and he was a gentleman - most of the time. But he had this natural fear and would only charge at us if we carried food in his paddock. From the other side of the fence this was fine, just not inside. He was easy to handle, I could tie him up and clip his feet while he was standing.

More
12 years 4 months ago #406326 by Stu_R
I knew exactly what a you meant :) .. and agree totaly
thats why said something on their question part :)

:) Simkin lol.. a bit like my Lucky lamb .. he thinks the house is his sleeping place and the backyard is the paddock .. lol and that my 2 Akita dogs are just funny coloured sheep :)
:) :) but he is wearring a rubber ring on his balls :)
No way would i have a bottle fed hand raissed intact Ram

Lycky lamb currently under my computer desk lol

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :

More
12 years 4 months ago #406328 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic I thought this was dangerous
Yeah, I knew a ram with a friendly look like that.

More
12 years 4 months ago #406332 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic I thought this was dangerous
So did I...with his ears back just before he'd headbutt your camera :( if you were silly enough to try and take a shot from that close...[}:)]

Very very bad idea...but how do you say anything without being labelled a busybody/tire kicker, which has happened to a few of us in the past? :rolleyes:

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
12 years 4 months ago #406337 by Stu_R
Um just lets see if they let what i said run in thier question thingy :) .. it does point out dangers of bottle fed/hand raissed intact Rams

More
12 years 4 months ago #406350 by FarmerEms
I've found it's always posed an issue, and i believe bottle fed ram lambs should not be kept as rams.. they lose all respect for you and can be quite terror-sum!

Let's just hope if someone buys it they know what they're doing..!

Em

Growing the LSB one kid/lamb/calf/piglet at a time.. [8D]

More
12 years 4 months ago #406356 by Ruth
Anyone who knows what they're doing wouldn't buy such an animal!

More
12 years 4 months ago #406365 by brodie
Replied by brodie on topic I thought this was dangerous
I think it's the ones who don't know what they are doing that may pose a problem,Ruth :)
Henry was a very pushy little terrorist as a wether-he would have been lethal entire.
Stu-it's very sad but sometimes tactful just isn't an option : ),glad you tried though and I hope it works.

2 dogs,2 kids,goldfish,20-ish chooks,2 axolytl,2 turtles,Lotsa free-range pigeons, budgies, pekin, cayuga & muscovy ducks + their babies, 5 horses,a cockatoo called Charlie and no money...[:D][:D];)

More
12 years 4 months ago #406367 by Ruth
Only to themselves, and if the media get involved when it all turns deadly, perhaps they'll serve a very good lesson to everyone else. :) There is good in most situations.

More
12 years 4 months ago #406370 by brodie
Replied by brodie on topic I thought this was dangerous
Hopefully as long as it's not someones small person paying the price :( otherwise I'm good with the school of hard knocks idea :)

2 dogs,2 kids,goldfish,20-ish chooks,2 axolytl,2 turtles,Lotsa free-range pigeons, budgies, pekin, cayuga & muscovy ducks + their babies, 5 horses,a cockatoo called Charlie and no money...[:D][:D];)

More
12 years 4 months ago #406371 by Ruth
"the sire is very gentle and laid back" ... I was very laid back by our ram. It hurt.

More
12 years 4 months ago #406374 by kindajojo
I have never had any trouble with our wilti rams either but then I would not have a pet one..........yes Stu Shire is great, on weed clean up duty at a friends in Fordell now lol. Hes getting around a bit.......... but I still wouldnt turn my back on him.

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds