Im 14yrs old

More
12 years 4 months ago #405274 by Kalmara
Replied by Kalmara on topic Im 14yrs old

Waffling Milk Maid;401038 wrote: hahahaha, ohhhhhhh this brings back memories!! Mind you I'm pretty sure I was 17 when I joined here and got the "adult level honesty" so maybe that's why you never got rid of me... :p

LOL Waffles, you are special :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #405275 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Im 14yrs old

WillEyre;401024 wrote: Speak for yerself! I'm honest!

(Just goes to show ya, nobody's Punctual Granmar is ever entirely faultless).

Ed

Speak for yourself! My Grandma was not only punctual, she was a woman without fault![}:)]

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
12 years 4 months ago #405279 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Im 14yrs old
There is no question about this - you are all mean old farts. [:0]

How would she even know about this site - perhaps a member's daughter? So moving on... totally agree with those of you who gave advise about first impressions so I hope the young lady has come back and read the comments. It will be good for her to think about as she approaches full employment.

Regardless - well done for asking for work. Shows you have more guts than many of your peers and I hope someone can help.

• Landa
12 years 4 months ago #405280 by Landa
Replied by Landa on topic Im 14yrs old
Hey guy's.

your not being mean your being honest. Sorry for the spelling mistake. I ment to type Marton. I know in jobs you need to use grammar proberly. And I do, Being adult honest to 14-15yr old isnt being mean in my head it's just being honest. If milking is tricky I'm a fast learner. :)

More
12 years 4 months ago #405281 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Im 14yrs old
Good on you for coming back Landa. Shows you have courage. I hope some-one in the Marton, area will be able to help you with work. I just loved being out on a farm at aged 14, so I know that with your undoubted keen-ness, you will enjoy it too.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
12 years 4 months ago #405285 by kindajojo
Replied by kindajojo on topic Im 14yrs old
Good on you Landa.....
See Will you underestimated the younger generation[}:)]

• Landa
12 years 4 months ago #405286 by Landa
Thanks Stikkibeek

I hope so too. I just love working on farms and with animals it makes me feel so great in what I can do. :)

• Landa
12 years 4 months ago #405290 by Landa
Not to be pushy but after the arguements from my spelling mistake that I'm truley sorry about. Does anyone know anyone In Marton that can help me with a job.

More
12 years 4 months ago #405293 by WillEyre
Replied by WillEyre on topic Im 14yrs old
Ah, enlightenment!
I had an idea Maso was quite near Wongo - I've been there hundreds of times!
And, well done to return and prove me wrong.
Almost everyone in here is extremely helpful, by nature. But, it is difficult to give an answer if you can't understand the question. And, until you replied, that was the problem.
I suggest you phone Fonterra - tell them where you live, and what you want. Ask if you can speak to someone who can give you some phone numbers of some dairy farms close to Marton.
Then, give the farms a ring and ask if they want a good keen worker for a few weeks.
Best of luck.
Ed

I liked Occam's Razor so much, I bought the company.

More
12 years 4 months ago #405295 by DiDi
Landa - I am still struggling to find Spell Check on this site (doesn't show up for me) but just know that I am an English major and a freak about Grammar and spelling and I find it (I am extremely old compared with you) hard to read what I consider bad Grammar and spelling. Mind I have been out of school for over 40 years so possibly spelling very badly in this thread and happy to be corrected.

For example - just know that an apostrophe in guy's is wrong. An Apostrophe is used as an ownership thing. My chooks are laying is the whole group. My chook's chicken ran away - is ownership of its baby.

If you have an interest in the English language then ask more of your teachers in terms of correct English grammar as I can guarantee that txt language and abbreviations are not going to get your CV at the head of a list of potential employees - not now - but as you head into the adult workforce. Reason - the people employing you are going to be mature and they will read what you have written.

You have the opportunity to shine above and beyond your peers with just this issue so ask more of yourself (if you are shrugging your shoulders at English lessons) or your teachers if they are not pushing this as a important factor in your future.

Lesson over - sorry Landa - but seriously, I want a young person with drive and ambition to be the best that they can be and English language is paramount to success in this country. Now the fighting will begin. Laugh

More
12 years 4 months ago #405302 by WillEyre
Okay - seeing you asked.

advice : noun
advise : verb
(From a fellow english major).

Ed

More
12 years 4 months ago #405305 by DiDi
Jeez Ed - where? I have read this back four times and I can't find the words advice/advise anywhere in my thread. Must be the Sav Blanc I am drinking!

Mind to me it is the lesson that counts but still interested in where you found my errors. Bear in mind that I did disclose that I was 40 years out of school!

Makes for an interesting follow up though. Is it the context of the message that counts or the actual pure grammar (that I for one was taught) that counts?

More
12 years 4 months ago #405306 by WillEyre

DiDi;401050 wrote: There is no question about this - you are all mean old farts. [:0]

How would she even know about this site - perhaps a member's daughter? So moving on... totally agree with those of you who gave advise about first impressions so I hope the young lady has come back and read the comments. It will be good for her to think about as she approaches full employment.

Regardless - well done for asking for work. Shows you have more guts than many of your peers and I hope someone can help.

Only because you asked, okay. It's quite okay with the sav blanc, too. It's Christmas. And, all the best!
Ed

• Landa
12 years 4 months ago #405307 by Landa
Ok thanks Will I've said I'm truley sorry for my spelling mistakes DiDi. If it helps i will be more careful. (Lol) I will try Fonteera.

More
12 years 4 months ago #405309 by DiDi
Darn! I read my other post! Smarty pants!

Landa - hope you realize (my spell check is American and I hate "z" in words Ed) that I am a frustrated non teacher of old and just want the best for you so you hang in there young lady and be the best that you can be as you have already shown some strength and determination. Hugs

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds