Pekin Ducklings

More
12 years 6 months ago #29808 by Edith McGhee
Pekin Ducklings was created by Edith McGhee
Does anyone close in Canterbury have a peking duckling for sale please. Have 1 duckling 5 days old. Only one that hatched. This is urgent will put with duckling and mother hen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #403516 by topcat83
Replied by topcat83 on topic Pekin Ducklings

Edith McGhee;399017 wrote: Does anyone close in Canterbury have a peking duckling for sale please. Have 1 duckling 5 days old. Only one that hatched. This is urgent will put with duckling and mother hen.

Hubby would gratefully donate both of ours, as they have taken to roosting in our front porch. Unfortunately we're a tad too far away!

Oh dear - this is addictive. Now up to 4 alpaca boys, 6 girls (3 pregnant ones), a beautiful cria, a quarter of a stud (I hope we get the dangly bits) and six more girls on the way. The sheep who thinks he's an alpaca goes to meet some new friends tomorrow, we're down to 1 rescue cat, but are still...

More
12 years 6 months ago #403657 by Edith McGhee
Replied by Edith McGhee on topic Pekin Ducklings
We may have a broody hen so we can hopefully get some fertile pekin eggs and have another go. You can place the ducks somewhere else by peening off an area. Have fun and thanks for your reply.

More
12 years 6 months ago #403734 by Seaside
Replied by Seaside on topic Pekin Ducklings
We have one duckling about the right size/age (hatched 28 November), but it's not a Pekin, it's an Indian Runner Khaki Campbell cross. It was motherless (we took the eggs off the nest which the mother abandoned due to ferret attacks - it is one of the only two eggs that hatched and sadly the other duckling died). So we have been handling it a lot and when it hasn't got another duckling in the cage with it, it spends the evening on my husband's chest, nibbling at his face. Not sure it's for sale therefore - would need to talk to my husband.

Kids, beasts, and chillies in Swannanoa South.
www.farmaway.co.nz

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds