Help/Advice on Getting a Saddle Re-packed??

More
12 years 5 months ago #29395 by Oaklands
I have a beautiful German GP saddle made by Tho Sommer which is packed with wool, but it has compacted somewhat and may need a re-pack. To my knowledge, there is no one in Taranaki who does such work - so where does one go looking for such suitable crafty people??

The only thing that popped up on Google was Horselands (?) Horseworld(?) in Auckland. Any recommendations????? :D

The "Naki" kid - living in Taradise [8D]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #399655 by katieb
I my GP done at summit in Cambridge I think about 10 years ago, quite a few saddlers do it I think

Maybe ring some of the eventers, or showjumpers in your area, im sure they would have had saddles repacked

Animals rule our place... cows, calves, sheep, goats, pigs, horses, donkeys, chickens, ducks... the list goes on
...."lifestyle block like" 25 or so acres around the house attached to a rather large farm with dairy drystock & a 600 cow dairy conversion :)....1500 acres to call home

More
12 years 5 months ago #399667 by Stikkibeek
Ring around some of your saddlery outlets. Some-one may know of a saddler who will do it. Used to be a very good saddle maker in Hamilton, but that was a bit long ago and maybe isn't there any more.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
12 years 5 months ago #399679 by bevhawkins
There is a guy in Albany - Grice Kerr

More
12 years 5 months ago #399680 by Anne
Linda Hawley of County Saddles repacks the County ones - you could try contacting her to see if she'd do another brand name. She might want to see the horse and pack to fit him, but I'm pretty sure she travels around a fair bit.

Contact details: 0276000 992, e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

She's based in Cambridge.

More
12 years 5 months ago #399694 by oskatd
Graham at Fenmore does a good repack - doesn't just stuff wool in with bits of wire. Google him or rather Fenmore in Swanson Auckland

More
12 years 5 months ago #399707 by Oaklands
Cool - sounds like some good leads to follow up thanks everyone.

I like the sound of Graham at Fenmore - it's a great quality saddle, so I'd like a good quality job done on it.

Sounds like I'll have to head north with it...[8D]

The "Naki" kid - living in Taradise [8D]

More
12 years 5 months ago #399801 by GloPony

oskatd;394823 wrote: Graham at Fenmore does a good repack - doesn't just stuff wool in with bits of wire. Google him or rather Fenmore in Swanson Auckland

I'll 2nd Graham. He's a real craftsman & does a beautiful job. Some of the travelling saddle fitters also repack on the spot which is a good option. Kills 2 birds with 1 stone.

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds