What are this seasons lambs worth?

More
12 years 4 months ago #403033 by kaybe
The sales results for Te Kuiti saleyards are here: www.pggwrightson.co.nz/Services/SaleDetails/1362 I'm not sure what the difference is between a prime lamb and a store lamb, other than price, and they don't give you weights to work out a per kg price.

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #403076 by muri
Prices at kumeu were down this week, 80-$110 for lambs so not as high as last year

More
12 years 4 months ago #403079 by kalnetta
At Coalgate yesterday top prices were $186.00 and nothing much under $150.00.

View Hill Oxford ,23 ewes 2 lambs ,1 ram,, 1cat,the 2 of us,6 granddaughters,one grandson,2 surrogate granddaughters and one step grandson,poor boy.

More
12 years 4 months ago #403417 by katieb
Thanks for the info guys :)

I have used Longridges info to work out CWT & looked at the farmers weekly to get a price, 42% of 36 =15.12, I have just used the lower 17.5kg price of 7.32 =110, does that sound right or should I just make it 100 as I dont want to over charge him & he will be taking it off the property this week so it wont be eating any more of my grass

Animals rule our place... cows, calves, sheep, goats, pigs, horses, donkeys, chickens, ducks... the list goes on
...."lifestyle block like" 25 or so acres around the house attached to a rather large farm with dairy drystock & a 600 cow dairy conversion :)....1500 acres to call home

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds