you gotta love cows

More
12 years 5 months ago #29328 by JEF
you gotta love cows was created by JEF
i really like cows , theres something about them that makes them intresting and nice to have around , sadly my cow died to young , we do a beefy every year but my neighbour dug a hole on my land to bypass water and the cow fell in it and drowned i could see the scrapes in the mud he must have struglled for hours if he called out i would have got him out , I was going to eat him anyway but its still a horrible way to die, he was a character too , follow me around trying to get a pat , if i was looking at something he would stand and look to. the reason im posting today is its hard rubbish collection around here and as I put stuff out on the road the neighbours herd has come over to investigate , as i type this they are still standing at the fence line looking, when i was down there one of them called out as if to say 'hey dude what are you doing' :D
anyone else feel that way about particular animals?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #398702 by KiplingAngel
Replied by KiplingAngel on topic you gotta love cows
lol - we have the occasional beefy come to visit - I luffs them when they are on their side of the fence, but not so much when they come to mine....

More
12 years 5 months ago #398708 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic you gotta love cows
Uh, yeah. Refer earlier posts. :D

More
12 years 5 months ago #398709 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic you gotta love cows
yes i like cows too.. gentle and curious. some years ago i had a small herd of girls that i milked.. they were all charactors, but each year i borrowed a PB hereford bull for 2 months..he was cow raised, but very people friendly.. we called him Ferdinand.. one particular day he followed me into the hay barn.. he filled the entire doorway and i was stuck at the back of the barn having a freak out.. i didnt know him that well, and thought " well this is it! "..
as it turned out he just wanted a scratch and i was able to gently push him back out of the door so i could get past.. for many years after that he would come each year..loved having his rump scratched and would back me into a wall until he had had his fill..bit much realy he was HUGE..lucky he was goofy with it...( hence the reason he lived to a ripe old age )
he was also shy with the girls and would spend all day hiding in the shrubbery[;)].. he must have been doing something thow, we got calves each year.. a lovely bull and one in a million temperament wise

More
12 years 5 months ago #398719 by clarry
Replied by clarry on topic you gotta love cows
Cows for Me anyday :D

More
12 years 5 months ago #398733 by honkydory
Replied by honkydory on topic you gotta love cows
Im addicted!! im going to have at least one till Im too old and crusty to go out and have a chat and cuddle with them :0)

More
12 years 5 months ago #398736 by Leslie_NZ
Replied by Leslie_NZ on topic you gotta love cows
I love cows, such large curious critters. My ex use to live on a 1200 head dairy farm as a farmhand and had a favourite that would come up to him for scratches and a piece of bread the rest would run away and be standoffish. My parents had 3 MG's when we were little and each year we would get one or 2 pregnant and then get to befriend the calves and have them quite friendly where they would suck on your hand and let you rub and scratch them.
My OH wasnt too fussed about large farm animals until he started his new job, now wants a lifestyle block with cows and chickens and kune kune pigs! I'm relieved about that, as he doesnt like moving and always said when we moved into our first house he didnt want to move after that, now hes looking forward to finding a nice little lifestyle block somewhere! Ahh the power of the cow :)

More
12 years 5 months ago #398788 by Althea from Middelmost
I am a teacher in my other life and I work with disfunctional teenagers. Somebody said to me one day,"How can you manage to be always so patient?"
I rolled my eyes to the sky and said, "I milk a housecow."
I think they understood.

More
12 years 5 months ago #398811 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic you gotta love cows
:) am a confirmed Cattle person .. Murray Greys actually :) .. as i have spent lots of time round shows ( and the ones tthat stay the weekend at the grove for CD fielddays and the like ) with Sue's MG's .. they are the most laid-back easygoing and intersting animlas i have ever met :) :) .. ( lol and i was born on a Stud Jersey farm up north , and am black sheep of family cause i like Beefies, sheep, goats, kune kune pigs and i have those dreaded DOG things lol )
Cows/cattle are great animals and all have individyual personallities when you take the time to get to know them :) :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
12 years 5 months ago #398820 by JEF
Replied by JEF on topic you gotta love cows
I had a murray grey over fresian once , such a nice dosile animal , shoulda seen the size of him as a youngster and a bit longer in the fur very nice to pat.

More
12 years 5 months ago #398885 by Anne
Replied by Anne on topic you gotta love cows
I like all my animals. I have two nurse cows at the moment, one of whom I am hand milking for a goat kid. The cow I am milking loves her scratches and cuddles from me. The goats come up for talks and nibbles, the pig loves a good hard rub and all the horses are all over anyone who goes into the paddock.

I have to say Anthea, that it is the other way around with me and my house cow - I think she is the one patient with me!!!! My arms and hands get sore so I have to stop lots, and she just stands there until I can go again.

More
12 years 5 months ago #398923 by JEF
goats or pigs? no thanks horrid animals and horrible scavengers , cows or horses or nothing for me, I dont even like chickens anymore after my last lot

More
12 years 5 months ago #398925 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic you gotta love cows

JEF;393988 wrote: goats or pigs? no thanks horrid animals and horrible scavengers , cows or horses or nothing for me, I dont even like chickens anymore after my last lot

ahhhh.. realy?.. pigs are intelligent and a great animal to have around, goats clever and mischeivious, chooks.. umm hard case daft things.. luf them..
for me i think the only thing i am blase about is sheep.. just dont see the attraction, but have never owned any so may be missing out on amazing personalities....

More
12 years 5 months ago #398942 by igor
Replied by igor on topic you gotta love cows
I am convinced that pigs are more intelligent than dogs. As for sheep, well I like eating them.

More
12 years 5 months ago #398953 by JEF
only met one sheep that was a character , I pulled up to a farm he ran out and he was huge kept rubbing up to me trying to get a pat , i worked there for a few hours with this sheep pestering me , then i clicked , this sheep thought he was a dog

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds