Anyone in the BOP/Waikato getting rain??

More
16 years 3 months ago #78010 by PRU2
Just checked the rain gauge, 6mm
You're right sod. On the rain gauge is one side mm
Inch on the other. Confusing when you actually say mls of rain but read mms on the gauge.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #78023 by sod
Rain has come hard with strong wind hope it keeps up for long time have one big branch off tree down @#$#@$#wind[}:)]

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
16 years 2 months ago #78061 by sod
haha same as always 2minute then back to sun and worse humidity oh well

• chooky
16 years 2 months ago #78072 by chooky
Replied by chooky on topic Anyone in the BOP/Waikato getting rain??
32 degrees official high here today and so windy we had to have all the windows and doors closed [xx(]:([:0][V]. Siren has gone off 4 times now - apparentely there are fires being caused by downed power lines [V][V]. Our dam now also has a resident weeping willow - like in the dam !!Went down with a crack and a splash !

More
16 years 2 months ago #78100 by kindajojo
WHERE IS THE RAIN, we have it all around us and even in Palmerston north they were getting a light shower..i drove home with the windscreen wipers going and it stopped half a kn from our place there was NOTHING not a drop..just wind and more wind, the temp has dropped slightly but oh for a few days of solid rain before the sheep fall into the cracks in the ground.

More
16 years 2 months ago #78121 by ravenseyes
The annoying thing is the weather reports. Big pictures of black clouds with rain. Late night PRIME update implied that basically the whole NI down to about Taumaranui would have solid consistant rain. We got a few squalls outside of Hamilton but the wind was nearly drying it as fast as it hit and pretty much dried up this evening.

Then you look at Queensland - Emerald flooded 4 months of water into dams over night.

My daughter's school has advised those bringing the horses back to bring as much hay as they can as Manawatu is dry with not much grass and evidently there is not much/any hay to buy.

Brave Words. I've heard them before from thousands of species across thousands of worlds, since long before you were created, but now, they are all Borg.

More
16 years 2 months ago #78144 by reggit
About the hay/silage supplies...our lifestyle block bloke reckoned with the dairy payout plenty of dairy farmers weren't bothering making their own hay/silage but concentrating on stocking as high as they could and taking a gamble on buying in feed if needed. Well, looks like its needed, so imagine that us LSBers will be competing with a lot of desperate farmers who haven't made their own this year [V]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
16 years 2 months ago #78156 by bev
Some farmers have stocked higher numbers, but most they have just feed the extra grass (at 2k plus a cow, its not good math to buy a few more cows since payout high) We had a terrible spring, wet, and not alot of daylight which made the grass very lathargic, and then it came to cropping for silage, the 'guts' of it wasnt there, farmers that do 600 big bales were only getting 400. So yes the farmers are looking for feed, but hey at least the maize will be ready in march, so the prices for silage/hay Should drop of, thats if cockies are still milking, alot have gone once a day, and have dried off herds. At least if your selling silage, you should have good profit from it :-)
Anyways, who got more of that wet stuff last night? we got up to 1ml .. looks like some more on friday, i hope they have it right this time

More
16 years 2 months ago #78158 by Birman Babe
We got nothing..

More
16 years 2 months ago #78163 by sod
BB same here

More
16 years 2 months ago #78168 by ravenseyes
a teeny weeny itsy delicate 5 minute shower;)

Brave Words. I've heard them before from thousands of species across thousands of worlds, since long before you were created, but now, they are all Borg.

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds