Anyone in the BOP/Waikato getting rain??

More
16 years 2 months ago #2815 by Birman Babe
We have had a few drops here & its gone again. Geez, please dont tell me that was it :-( Needs to pour down for at least 2 days here. We have been here for 7 years and this is the first time the grass in our backyard had "died"....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 2 months ago #77512 by reggit
Couple of spits now and then...it is supposed to start here tonight, but MetService has gone from 'rain' to 'occasional showers' :(

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
16 years 2 months ago #77518 by Ghilly
A couple of big drops, you know the big splashy ones. With the wind blowing like it is, all warm and gusty, I reckon most of the wet stuff is drying out before it hits the ground. Our paddocks and lawn are so dry, you could roll 'em up and smoke them. The cracks are appearing in parts and are pretty substantial. If you happened to step on one wrong you could twist an ankle.

It appears to have cooled off a bit but it's still too warm inside to sit comfortably.
We went off into Pukekohe today and Oooooooh some of the big shops had air conditioning and it was luverly! As soon as you walk in, the cool air hits you. It's a bit like opening a fridge door.

If one could push the boundries of being cheeky, it would be nice to take a book into one of the shops that sells lounge suites and pretend you were test driving a flash couch or lazyboy.

Yakut

More
16 years 2 months ago #77522 by Prim
Careful what you wish for ... I heard a report of a tropical cyclone heading Northland's way, with rain for much of the North Island from about Tuesday??? Although apparently the warning has been downgraded.

I wish you some rain :)

More
16 years 2 months ago #77527 by wino
Not nearly enough - hardly wet the ground and it is back down to drizzle

We ran out of water this morning so looking for a good steady downpour for about two days. (could do with it on the grass too)

Never have a hangover - stay drunk

More
16 years 2 months ago #77528 by kate
No rain but I did hear thunder a few minutes ago.....we so badly need the rain....

Web Goddess

More
16 years 2 months ago #77529 by Isla
You guys are having it tough! I'd better not tell you how great a summer it is in this part of the country! I wish you some rain.

More
16 years 2 months ago #77530 by betenoir
A pathetic couple of drops here...rain clouds all around but nothing landing...they just keep blowing past:(

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] BAAAAAAAAA

More
16 years 2 months ago #77532 by sod
If the met could get it right for once when they say rain ;) we wouldn't have a problem.But today was showers but no show,tomorrow rain well, we will keep hopeing :D

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
16 years 2 months ago #77535 by Birman Babe
We ended up getting a very light shower but its gone again. Hopefully we will all awake tomorrow morning & find it raining..mmm, wonder what our chances are of that being the case?

More
16 years 2 months ago #77552 by Dobiegirl
Its finally raining properly tonight (here north of Auckland), after a constant drizzle from about 3:00pm this afternoon.

Just about time too, as there are cracks appearing everywhere in the garden and the paddocks. The steady rain is supposed to continue for the next couple of days (fingers crossed) and hopefully that will give the ground a good soaking.

Lisa
3 acres, 1 Horse, 2 Greyhounds, 1 Cat, 2 Cockatiels, 5 Cayuga Ducks & 3 Khaki Campbell Ducks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

More
16 years 2 months ago #77557 by beedee
I've woken to a nice gentle drizzle... wot more could one ask for.... to slowly appease the parched ground... and Im guessing the drops will increase and multiply to appease the empty tank and low water table.. Hope you are getting the same cloud Kate and BB and Oskatd, Bev and AJ[8D]
Lets hope the gossip of a cyclone swings out to sea and goes chases a whaling ship[}:)]

More
16 years 2 months ago #77560 by spoook
Heavy showers during night and constant drizzle still falling.
Might not fill the tanks but will definantely help the grass and trees etc.
Hope all others are getting it too.
Fingers crossed for your way Kate, it was pretty dry everywhere as we drove home.

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
16 years 2 months ago #77561 by reggit
Nothing here, sky is showing blue with a bit of cloud :(

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
16 years 2 months ago #77569 by wino
Steady heavy drizzle here. Don't think it is filling the tanks more than a little but should be freshening up the grass nicely without running off.

Fingers crossed for it to turn into steady rain about lunchtime...

Never have a hangover - stay drunk

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds