anyone had ghosts on their lsb?

More
12 years 8 months ago #385082 by missab

kai;378681 wrote: Fortunately our ghosties have always been friendly. But things moving about haven't stopped unfortunately. Either that or I am just getting senile.

we have had the nutella jar emptied on occasion and the daughter swears black and blue it wasnt her lol hmmmm nutella hungry ghost:D:eek::rolleyes:

3 equines (brendon,bellissimo and mariah), 6 wiltshire ewes + 4 ram lambs, 1 mini goat (pinky),1 berkshire sow (penelope), 20 odd chickens,6 sebastopol goslings, 3 flemish giant rabbits(bones,bounce,moon), longhaired guinea pig(splish)1 mastif (auto), 2 chihuahuas (mia,seeka),1 maincoon cat...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #385091 by shad297
Well although I have always 'believed/been open minded' about ghosts I had never actually seen one until about 4 years ago in my house when my dad was visiting from overseas. He walked down the hallway and into the lounge because he thought it was me, but there was no one there and I joked to him thinking he was seeing things (he's quite elderly) that was our resident ghost as we have a door handle in the lounge that clicks at random times when none of the other ones in the house do (they are all the same bakelite 1930s style). Husband insists it is caused by temperature changes. Anyhow blow me down the very next day which was Boxing Day I was walking down the corridor walked into the dining room which is the room and door before the lounge door when I saw what looked like one of those cartoon outlines of a person solid black whizzing past very quickly out of the corner of my eye going into the lounge, so I did what dad did and followed it wondering who in the family it was? well it wasn't my husband or kids as they were outside and my dad was in his bedroom. That was my first ever 'sighting/glimpse' of something supernatural - although it didn't scare me. I know what I saw but I don't know what it was - if that makes sense?
My friend lives on an LSB in Te Horo and she is very sensitive and has seen a Maori chief (or something similar) on her land and believes it to be a spirit.
My very religious next door neighbour doesn't believe in ghosts at all so I suppose that makes the whole thing easier to handle.

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

More
12 years 8 months ago #385104 by Stikkibeek
I've been partially psychic all my life. Sometimes this can be very scary although often it is an impression, or a fleeting thing that I ignore. Scariest thing was seeing a pool of blood on a friends floor and just a few days later, the love of her life was killed in an horrific accident.
I often see a white cat at the top of our stairs and I rang the lady we bought the house off and asked her if she'd ever owned a white cat. She not only confirmed it, but volunteered to tell me that it's favourite place was at the top of the stairs. Sometimes my cats react and sidle past that spot, even going as far as walking along the top of a skirting heater. They see it too. Once saw a purple coloured humanoid wearing a dark grey habit, beckoning me from under a willow tree. Would have thought it a trick of the light had not my horse bolted from the scene. My father thought I'd been drinking until he saw the distressed horse. And then there's the lunging whip. I used to carry it in my car, in between the front bucket seats. With car locked, I'd arrive back and find it had been shifted over to the passenger door and the radio would be on a different station. I sold that car to get rid of the poltergeist, although it didn't seem harmful. Visited a southern marae once and a carved talisman on my keyring went missing. It had gone everywhere with me. It was carved by Ngapuhi and the marae was a southern one. Months later, it turned up shoved under the seat of my car.

Kai, if ever your "visitor" gives you concern, you can get the local Kaumatua to "tramp-out" your place, which sends the lingering spirit off to spirits bay. Maori often do this as elderly deceased will sometimes take a child with them.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
12 years 8 months ago #385146 by Seaside

kai;378681 wrote: But things moving about haven't stopped unfortunately. Either that or I am just getting senile.

Unless it is visitor's children being mischievous, especially when it comes to stones [;)]

My mum is a total believer in ghosts, my husband a total disbeliever. I am happy sitting on the fence.

However, I really don't think we have any spirits here. My son's friend who lives on the original Swannanoa farm says his grandparent's 100 year old house (on the farm) is haunted. Wouldn't surprise me.

The only 'experience' I have had was in my old house (1960s) in Conway Street in Christchurch. I lived on my own with a baby and a 3-year-old. We had a hallway with a wooden floor. One night I heard footsteps in the hallway and went to check but no one was there, and assumed I was hearing things. Then a week or so later, I was on the phone and heard them again. I ignored it and carried on talking - blaming my ears - but my son ran to the hallway door saying "Who's here?". No-one was. Someone suggested I 'speak' to the ghost (if that's what it was), so the next time it happened, I said we can hear you and it's scaring us. That was the last time it happened.

Kids, beasts, and chillies in Swannanoa South.
www.farmaway.co.nz

More
12 years 8 months ago #385157 by SarahM
I've had a couple of unexplained happenings. Just 'six sense' sort of stuff.

I visited a historic borstal in Sydney. The historic inmates were subject to hard labour, and many died there. I was on the upper floor alone, and suddenly I got that chill down my spine feeling. I had to high tail it out of there, and fast!

Another time I got a rather chilling feeling. I was gold panning on the West Coast. Something told me it wasn't a good place to be - I really felt terrible and couldn't ignore the feeling. So we left. On the way out we spotted some guys in a secluded area hanging over the back boot of a car, looking very suspicious, a drug deal perhaps. I was just glad I listened to that feeling.

5 acres, husband, daughter, son, me, about 12 sheep and their lambs, currently no ram (yay!), 2 Galloways, about 35 chooks, 3 cats and 2 budgies.

More
12 years 8 months ago #385161 by Leslie_NZ
Ive had 'sixth sense' feelings as well, most memorable one was driving home down snake hill in whangarei, had this eyrie feeling that something was going to happen, it was that strong that I had to stop the car at the nearest parking spot and take a moment to regain my nerves, carried on home. It wasnt until the next week, same time same spot I got the same tingling sensation and as I came around a blind corner (thankfully not doing the speed limit of 100km due to the tingling impending feeling), I came face to face with a car stopped on my side of the road, I slammed on the brakes and waited for the car to turn into the driveway. Had there been any other traffic or trucks coming down the hill behind me, or had I been doing my usual 100km down the hill I would of plowed straight into the car, and very likely had been very seriously injured.

I got home and told mum what had happened and she just gave me hugs and told me my grandmother was watching over us and wasnt ready to guide me into that dimension yet.

More
12 years 8 months ago #385177 by shad297
I think we all have a sixth sense or intuition/gut feeling. Unfortunately we often don't listen to it. I try and listen to mine but sometimes we don't want to look stupid or paranoid so we ignore it.
I am really enjoying reading this thread. Really fascinated in peoples' ghostly stories.

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

More
12 years 8 months ago #385183 by Stikkibeek
OH and I drove down the forestry road to the north side of Port Waikato one day a while back. We both had that "uncomfortable feeling" that we shouldn't be there, so left quickly. Our impression was that we were trespassing on something ancient.

More
12 years 8 months ago #385238 by Jan
Replied by Jan on topic anyone had ghosts on their lsb?
My son scared the living daylights out of me when he was smaller. I was changing his nappies on a table in his room. Now this room has two doors, one which goes to hall and another on the other side of the room, which leads to the family room (this was a small conservatory at one time).

Anyway he suddenly sat up, looked behind me where the first door was and said " lady" . Thinking i had an intruder i quickly looked behind me but no-one was there. Then my son looked like he was following something going from that door to the other door, smiling. I saw no one of course. I asked him what lady and he replied "Lady gone now"[:0]

Another time whilst in bed, i woke up with a fright and saw a youngish lady next to my bed looking at me. I quickly put the side light on and she was gone. . Wonder if it was same lady???

We do have things being turned on and off around the house, door shut when they were open and vice versa. Even the dog that i put out for his nightly wee appeared inside one time:confused:. Hubby swore he didn't let him in and i know i certainly didn't!

Jan

More
12 years 8 months ago #385241 by missab

Jan;378863 wrote: My son scared the living daylights out of me when he was smaller. I was changing his nappies on a table in his room. Now this room has two doors, one which goes to hall and another on the other side of the room, which leads to the family room (this was a small conservatory at one time).

Anyway he suddenly sat up, looked behind me where the first door was and said " lady" . Thinking i had an intruder i quickly looked behind me but no-one was there. Then my son looked like he was following something going from that door to the other door, smiling. I saw no one of course. I asked him what lady and he replied "Lady gone now"[:0]

Another time whilst in bed, i woke up with a fright and saw a youngish lady next to my bed looking at me. I quickly put the side light on and she was gone. . Wonder if it was same lady???

We do have things being turned on and off around the house, door shut when they were open and vice versa. Even the dog that i put out for his nightly wee appeared inside one time:confused:. Hubby swore he didn't let him in and i know i certainly didn't!

i got chills down my spine reading this one[:I]
just realised that i too have had door to the spare bedroom open when i know i had left it shut and no one else had been down there, infact i had walked passed it minutes beforehand and noticed it shut then came back passed holding washing and it was ajar[:0], i asked the family but no one had touched it hmm??? i have also had animals inside that were put out and ones out that were shut in.. of course i just put it down to them being very quick and us being very blind lol :D :p [B)]. i dont really believe in ghosts as such but i do believe in spirits and there are some mischevious ones out there!

3 equines (brendon,bellissimo and mariah), 6 wiltshire ewes + 4 ram lambs, 1 mini goat (pinky),1 berkshire sow (penelope), 20 odd chickens,6 sebastopol goslings, 3 flemish giant rabbits(bones,bounce,moon), longhaired guinea pig(splish)1 mastif (auto), 2 chihuahuas (mia,seeka),1 maincoon cat...

• Bo Peep
12 years 8 months ago #385276 by Bo Peep
Replied by Bo Peep on topic anyone had ghosts on their lsb?
What a GREAT thred.
Where do I start. They are out there and they are trying tro let us know, but we ( me ) are too thick to recognise it.
Iv had many scary experiences of spirit. There was one under my stair well when we bought this place. He'd evedntly been killed in a horrific accident and was in terrible pain. He didnt understand where, or why he was here, but knew he definitly didnt want us arround. Luckily I knew a very powerful phsyic and phoned her and after several hours we moved him on his way. He was a powerful spirit and had I not got help the phsyic said, the spirit would have destroyed us.
I have had other experiences but that is the most recent.

More
12 years 8 months ago #385300 by The Kats Place
I'm not particually sensitive to these things but there is one area my cats give a wide berth or sometimes just sit and stare at. I thought maybe a homekill had been done there at some stage and they could smell it, but they are still the same about that place after 7 years.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
12 years 8 months ago #385314 by Stikkibeek

The Kats Place;378935 wrote: I'm not particually sensitive to these things but there is one area my cats give a wide berth or sometimes just sit and stare at. I thought maybe a homekill had been done there at some stage and they could smell it, but they are still the same about that place after 7 years.

There will be a cat ghost there, as I pointed out in my first reply.

More
12 years 8 months ago #385349 by bayrose1
For anyone interested. I have just finished reading Kelvin Crucikshanks "finding the Path' It trys to teach you how to connect with spirit
His books are easy reading and enjoyable.
I got it from local library

More
12 years 8 months ago #385352 by Vanaheim

My hubby is a sensitive so always knows when there are spirits around - and can usually tell us all about them [8D]

Because of that our house(es) have always been 'visitor' free - we wouldn't buy a property that he didn't feel peaceful with :) but we have cut short visits to others because of it :rolleyes:

I wouldn't like to live in a house without at least one spirit.
The wight here is very quiet and peaceful and we have a black dog as well.
The last house we had a somewhat more active wight and many visitors. It was not uncommon to find objects in wierd hidden places, and people ask who the big man they see through the window occasionally is as hes never come in or out the door.

Bræðr munu berjask ok at bönum verðask,
munu systrungar sifjum spilla;
hart er í heimi, hórdómr mikill,
skeggöld, skalmöld, skildir ro klofnir,
vindöld, vargöld, áðr veröld steypisk;
mun engi maðr öðrum þyrma.

Brothers shall fight | and fell each other,
And sisters' sons | shall...

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds