Mud, the good points......

More
12 years 9 months ago #381045 by GloPony
Replied by GloPony on topic Mud, the good points......
I consider all the mud on the wagon as a badge of honour. [^] It's like "Pimp My Ride" Farm Styles! :p

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #381047 by Blueberry

Lindeggs;374216 wrote: We recently parked our grubby 1985 Corona in the Koru valet parking at Auckland airport. OH pointed at the late-model Audi next to us and said, "See that car? Its hub-caps are worth more than our car."

:p

Lindeggs, made me crack up!! :D :D Hubby had a very hard time before consenting to drive my car when i'm out and about with the (his!!) :p farm van. My little car is nearly as old as i am (don't ask :D :D !!!), of a rust-red colour that masks any real rust, with worn out seats and a coughy drive at the best of times - a real downwards step for this ex-petrolhead :D :D [}:)][}:)]

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

More
12 years 9 months ago #381049 by stephclark

igor;374210 wrote: A few years ago I parked my rusty, mud encrusted, Falcon wagon between a BWM and a Mercedes in Broadway, Newmarket. Felt good too.

many years back i had a stash of little notes that i kept in my bomb for just such an occassion..to leave under wiper

it read.."my car and yours have been together all day, should anything come of this, i would like the pick of the litter "

More
12 years 9 months ago #381050 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Mud, the good points......
:) well i am pleased that mud is a badge of honnour :)
My 1991 diesel toyota stationwagon is a work truck/dog wagon/lamb and ram carrier/pig carrier/ storage for all y gardening gear/sheep essentials/pig stuff .. it does me well though :) and its totaly legal .. which is big for me :)
:) it also is covered in mud at present , lol down both sides and some up tailgate and some over bonnet .. the joys of a boss getting his holden and trailer stuck while trying to get sheep to saleyards .. um i would never have got his unit stuck , lol i am not stupid enough to bottom it out and wonder why it goes nowhere lol

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
12 years 9 months ago #381052 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Mud, the good points......
:) lol love it Steph :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
12 years 9 months ago #381085 by Lindeggs
Replied by Lindeggs on topic Mud, the good points......

stephclark;374231 wrote: many years back i had a stash of little notes that i kept in my bomb for just such an occassion..to leave under wiper

it read.."my car and yours have been together all day, should anything come of this, i would like the pick of the litter "

Brilliant! I will have to print some of those out for next time our car is in 'auspicious company'.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing my lovely chooks

More
12 years 9 months ago #381253 by Westie
Replied by Westie on topic Mud, the good points......
So it's only me that enjoys giving the quad some welly through the mud bogs and spinning up the tyres then?

What's that I just stepped in?

More
12 years 9 months ago #381261 by missab
Replied by missab on topic Mud, the good points......

Westie;374451 wrote: So it's only me that enjoys giving the quad some welly through the mud bogs and spinning up the tyres then?

nope. OH loves this time of year mainly the sliding effect he gets racing the 4x4 through the paddocks, of course no paddock is complete without a series of very large donuts in each one![}:)]

3 equines (brendon,bellissimo and mariah), 6 wiltshire ewes + 4 ram lambs, 1 mini goat (pinky),1 berkshire sow (penelope), 20 odd chickens,6 sebastopol goslings, 3 flemish giant rabbits(bones,bounce,moon), longhaired guinea pig(splish)1 mastif (auto), 2 chihuahuas (mia,seeka),1 maincoon cat...

More
12 years 9 months ago #381263 by stephclark

missab;374460 wrote: nope. OH loves this time of year mainly the sliding effect he gets racing the 4x4 through the paddocks, of course no paddock is complete without a series of very large donuts in each one![}:)]

and this is exactly why i have hidden the keys to the quad!..

More
12 years 9 months ago #381286 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic Mud, the good points......
On the subject of mud-just had to take our 4WD Ute in for a Warrant. I did hose the morning's crap and mud off the wheel arches and mud flaps first though!

It passed but the inspector wrote on the inspection sheet, please water blast underneath before the next WOF! He said it passed but the really couldn't see well enough!

I bet it was just lovely underneath;-)

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
12 years 9 months ago #381298 by The Kats Place
actually there is nothing good about mud! its mud people, it sticks, it stinks and its MUD!

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
12 years 9 months ago #381322 by color
Replied by color on topic Mud, the good points......

Trace;373985 wrote: Well they say it's good for the complexion...lol

lol:P

Poker online

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds