Abandoned cat!

More
12 years 9 months ago #380911 by shad297
Replied by shad297 on topic Abandoned cat!
It's a shame it's not law to register and microchip cats the same way dogs are, that way if they do go missing it saves alot of time etc.

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #380916 by igor
Replied by igor on topic Abandoned cat!
You'd still have to catch the cats to read the chip though.

More
12 years 9 months ago #380919 by pisa
Replied by pisa on topic Abandoned cat!
HELP: to all my Wellington region friends: the stray we caught has not been given the all clear, and the SPCA has asked the vet to put it to sleep.
They decided to hang on to her for 24 hours to see if someone might like to look after her after all. She's quite old, no teeth, cataract in one eye and suspected thyroid issue, which is manageable.
She is a VERY affectionate cat, and I'm sure would give all and more of her love if given half chance. The vet indicated costs negotiable.
Please, if you've ever considered getting a gentle, trusting, snuggly fluffy cat, here's your chance.

1 hubby, 2 kids, 1 cat, 1 dog, 2 swallows and I've lost count how many offsprings with even more grandkids, 5 bunny girls, 5 bunny boys, 12 chickens (rooster, pullets, chicks and more about to hatch hopefully) and 4 goats with two of them expecting any day! (24.10.14)
But who's counting [;)]...

More
12 years 9 months ago #381021 by Cinsara
Replied by Cinsara on topic Abandoned cat!
Bumping for puss.

>

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate!

More
12 years 9 months ago #381071 by pisa
Well, after a few days of frantic emails and telephone calls OH and I have decided to see if she can fit in with our gang.[:I]

If it doesn't work out we fortunately have a back-up plan, but for now we will see if she can make our place her home.
I was assured by the vet that basically she is fine and won't decimate the native wildlife (toothless AND old).

So, on Thursday OH will pick her up from the vet, who have come to the party by only charging us half of the overnight charges, and I will introduce her properly to our old cat and young labrador! Wish me luck.

Please don't come down on me like a ton of bricks, we're reasonably sure that her being an old cat she shouldn't go out and do damage in the bush, if she gets all she needs at home. We're going to keep a beady eye on her.

1 hubby, 2 kids, 1 cat, 1 dog, 2 swallows and I've lost count how many offsprings with even more grandkids, 5 bunny girls, 5 bunny boys, 12 chickens (rooster, pullets, chicks and more about to hatch hopefully) and 4 goats with two of them expecting any day! (24.10.14)

More
12 years 9 months ago #381077 by Gracelands
Replied by Gracelands on topic Abandoned cat!
Bless you Pisa, for giving the old girl a safe home for her final years. I really hope it works out. I'm sure you will get more than your money's worth in love and smooches over the next few months/years.

"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower."
Hans Christian Anderson

More
12 years 9 months ago #381081 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic Abandoned cat!
What a wonderful ending for puss. I guess your cat will be moving over by the fire for the newbie (or is that oldie)? I don't imagine anyone here will be coming down on you like the tonne of proverbial bricks. Enjoy her (?)

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
12 years 9 months ago #381082 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic Abandoned cat!

pisa;374254 wrote: Well, after a few days of frantic emails and telephone calls OH and I have decided to see if she can fit in with our gang.[:I]

If it doesn't work out we fortunately have a back-up plan, but for now we will see if she can make our place her home.
I was assured by the vet that basically she is fine and won't decimate the native wildlife (toothless AND old).

So, on Thursday OH will pick her up from the vet, who have come to the party by only charging us half of the overnight charges, and I will introduce her properly to our old cat and young labrador! Wish me luck.

Please don't come down on me like a ton of bricks, we're reasonably sure that her being an old cat she shouldn't go out and do damage in the bush, if she gets all she needs at home. We're going to keep a beady eye on her.

:D :D :D :D [^][^][^][^] ...I really really like you and your hubby Pisa :D [;)]
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
12 years 9 months ago #381088 by witheze
Replied by witheze on topic Abandoned cat!
hope she fits in just great......wonder what she has been living on the last months.....best wishes old girl...the cat that is..... :D purr purr...

More
12 years 9 months ago #381090 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Abandoned cat!
I think you are bl##dy wonderful! Cerainly no tonne of bricks from this house! :D

More
12 years 9 months ago #381167 by Cinsara
Replied by Cinsara on topic Abandoned cat!
Fantastic pisa, you are one of the good guys :)

>

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate!

More
12 years 9 months ago #381174 by pisa
cheers guys and gals,

well, got her home today, and now I'm sitting and letting them see each other. Once that happens without hissing or growling, I'll let them sniff each other..

man, that's going to be a long month I reckon, but at least she's inside, dry and gets fed regularly.

Once I got some pics I'll put them up.

thanks for your support
:) [:I]

More
12 years 9 months ago #381188 by imeldasmum
Replied by imeldasmum on topic Abandoned cat!

DiDi;374273 wrote: I think you are bl##dy wonderful! Cerainly no tonne of bricks from this house! :D

I agree one hundred percent! We gave an elderly cat a home and she has been an absolute angel. Best thing we ever did. Well done, you!

Two kids, two cats, five goats, eleven sheep, four calves and lots of chickens.

More
12 years 9 months ago #381190 by thevarneys
Replied by thevarneys on topic Abandoned cat!
And Pisa - dont forget to update your signature! :D (2 cats)

Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

More
12 years 9 months ago #381201 by pisa

thevarneys;374383 wrote: And Pisa - dont forget to update your signature! :D (2 cats)

Done :D :D :D

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds