Still looking for a billy goat, entire!

More
12 years 11 months ago #380150 by Stu_R
Speaking of this
:( sorry to hijack your thread Pisa :(
Um :) any in Manawatu area that has a Billy goat that would like a visit with a lovely young lady ?
The lady i am buying Bundy n Coke my new female piglets fromn .. as this little white goat called Dodi ( who i swear has a bit of angora in her) who is the most laid-back friendly young lady you could meet .. the lady asked if i knew anyone with a billy ( breeds and all that stuff dont matter).. as the lady had taken the wether sheep to the homekill butchers .. got home and goat was missing the sheep to much .. so went back to homekill and brought wether sheep back home .. lol wether sheep n goat still together and there :)
Cocoa would have been great :( but iwas made to rehome him, and he was stolen from that place :(
So if anyone Manawatu has a billy that might like a visit or a holiday with a loovely nattured freindly fluffy almost white girl .. please let me know

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #380154 by pisa

Stu_R;373241 wrote: Speaking of this
:( sorry to hijack your thread Pisa :(

No worries,
let's keep it bumped for the Billies.
:D :p :D :p :D :p [:I] :p :D

1 hubby, 2 kids, 1 cat, 1 dog, 2 swallows and I've lost count how many offsprings with even more grandkids, 5 bunny girls, 5 bunny boys, 12 chickens (rooster, pullets, chicks and more about to hatch hopefully) and 4 goats with two of them expecting any day! (24.10.14)
But who's counting [;)]...

More
12 years 11 months ago #380181 by Jen - Featherston
Sorry Petra, I asked around but seems everyone I knew that had Nubies is out of them now :( if I see one around I'll stop and ask!

Sometimes its not only what you say, its the way you say it that counts.

More
12 years 11 months ago #380184 by Andrea1

pisa;373239 wrote: Big LOL's guys and gals,

you sure are NOT making owning a Billy sound good. :p :p :p :p

As I've got limited grazing available, I'd rather just borrow one for now, but ultimately I have to see where I want to go with these girls. They are App.B I understand, but not registered with the Association, so wanting to go into breeding would be a costly undertaking, registering and testing them, etc.
So, unless I know how they milk I'm not even considering going down that path.
[8D]

While a good idea to make sure you aren't dealing with horrid diseases, testing isn't a requirement for registration. Since the BA numbers are so low in New Zealand, the more which are registered, the better for the breed, being able to have the bloodlines recorded and making it easier for breeders to find each other.

I understand not wanting to keep a buck on a small block, but it is possible. They can be smelly during the season, but most bucks in my experience are really laid-back and easy to manage, especially if you've had them from quite young and haven't played head butting games with him (you wouldn't believe how many people do this with young kids, and it's a big no-no! It may be cute when they are small, but a nightmare habit to break when they are adults. We don't even let our kids jump up on us. When you have an adult doe playfully plant her front hooves in the middle of your back, it really hurts!)... Anyway, I digress... I have a friend on 4 acres, and she runs a small herd of BAs as well as a buck most of the time, so ir is possible.

More
12 years 11 months ago #380192 by pisa
cheers Jen and Andrea,

Xartep has offered her boy for now, so hopefully we'll still get sorted out for this season.

Andrea, we've got about 1/2 acre, I'd guess, and I have to move the goats around it on tethers as it's not in paddocks. Their "home" paddock is fenced in, but we can't really put fences up in the other areas. I will see how we go when Riley is here and I'll decide next spring then. The breeder in Waipukurau has kids all the time, so I would just have to put an 'order' in for a buck.

I just don't want to commit myself to too many animals and then have to downsize.[:I]

1 hubby, 2 kids, 1 cat, 1 dog, 2 swallows and I've lost count how many offsprings with even more grandkids, 5 bunny girls, 5 bunny boys, 12 chickens (rooster, pullets, chicks and more about to hatch hopefully) and 4 goats with two of them expecting any day! (24.10.14)

More
12 years 11 months ago #380208 by Andrea1

pisa;373285 wrote:
Andrea, we've got about 1/2 acre, I'd guess, and I have to move the goats around it on tethers as it's not in paddocks. Their "home" paddock is fenced in, but we can't really put fences up in the other areas. I will see how we go when Riley is here and I'll decide next spring then. The breeder in Waipukurau has kids all the time, so I would just have to put an 'order' in for a buck.
[:I]

Gotcha. For some reason, I had it in my head that you had 7 acres![:I]

Hope it all goes well with the buck.

More
12 years 11 months ago #380223 by pisa
Oh, I wish!! [;)][;)][;)]

More
12 years 11 months ago #380242 by Toggie
I belong to a goat club that has members throughout the Hawkes Bay, Wairarapa and Manawatu. If you need a buck PM me and I can see if we can match you up with the breed of buck you want without having to travel too far.

More
12 years 11 months ago #380296 by pisa
cheers Toggie,
that sounds great.
Do I assume correctly you've got Toggenburgs? They are gorgeous!!

More
12 years 11 months ago #380301 by Toggie
Yes I have Toggenburgs, I suppose the login name is a bit of a give away. I like all goats but the Toggs are special.

More
12 years 11 months ago #380332 by pisa
Well,
I think I'm sorted for this season: just got Riley home and let him have a good sniff at the girls. He reckons they're fine. :p
They on the other hand gave me a very shocked look: MUM!!! He's big!

And then he did the nose licking and snorting thingy, and they were just flabbergasted!
Maidens, aye?!
:D :p :D :p :D

Hopefully in 5-6 months I'll be able to add my pile of cute kid pics![;)]

thanks everyone,
especially Xartep for the kind offer. :) [:I]

More
12 years 11 months ago #380346 by Andrea1
Welcome, Toggie! Another big fan of Toggies here as well, they certainly are special, the cheeky monkeys!

More
12 years 11 months ago #380349 by towerview11

pisa;373130 wrote: Hi all,

my alpine girls are still looking for a date in the South Wairarapa.

We're getting a bit desperate, not sure how many more cycles they'll have.
Unfortunately he would have to be a good size, they are big girls, the hips are at 80cms height. [;)]

I'd really appreciate it if anyone who has a boy in the right size, or knows of one to let me know. I really want to be able to milk in spring. :D

TIA

I have two i sanaan and a english tog

More
12 years 11 months ago #380415 by imeldasmum
Hi there

I was just reading all these posts, and was very pleased to see that other people are struggling to find a buck for their does. I have two lovely girls, one of whom went into this flaming heat on Monday, and I would really appreciate the name of someone in our area with a handsome boy for her. We live in Masterton, and would be happy to cart the ladies to wherever they need to go. Please would you let us know if there is anyone hereabouts with a Saanen or Nubian boy? Or a cross.
Thanks!
Regards
G

Two kids, two cats, five goats, eleven sheep, four calves and lots of chickens.

More
12 years 11 months ago #380427 by Xartep

imeldasmum;373531 wrote: Hi there

I was just reading all these posts, and was very pleased to see that other people are struggling to find a buck for their does. I have two lovely girls, one of whom went into this flaming heat on Monday, and I would really appreciate the name of someone in our area with a handsome boy for her. We live in Masterton, and would be happy to cart the ladies to wherever they need to go. Please would you let us know if there is anyone hereabouts with a Saanen or Nubian boy? Or a cross.
Thanks!
Regards
G

What a shame Riley is already out on loan - he might have career ahead of him as a stud :p

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds