Kids don't like Rooster

More
13 years 1 month ago #374739 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic Kids don't like Rooster

Stu_R;367220 wrote: :) good on ya dog :) .. smart puppy you have there Steph .. lol now wonder if he protects your daughters as well :) .. lol dog sounds like a very effective and cheap form of birth control :)

ha ha . .yes dog is one for the quiet life.. he breaks up cat fights as well..( 7 cats, always a scrap somewhere over something ) :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #374746 by missab
Replied by missab on topic Kids don't like Rooster
definately sounds like the teen age thing. we had a lovely barred rock roo who was lovely to his ladies (although a bit of a prolific breeder lol) i got sick of having to kill the sons! but we also had a cobb roo who was 'horrible' he weighed over 5kg and decided his favorite target was our only bantie who would run for dear life and then freeze as if to play dead! a few times i had to poke her afterwards to make sure she was still alive! not surprising we sold him on. we now have a hand raised roo who hasnt yet realised he is meant to crow yet let alone mate :D

3 equines (brendon,bellissimo and mariah), 6 wiltshire ewes + 4 ram lambs, 1 mini goat (pinky),1 berkshire sow (penelope), 20 odd chickens,6 sebastopol goslings, 3 flemish giant rabbits(bones,bounce,moon), longhaired guinea pig(splish)1 mastif (auto), 2 chihuahuas (mia,seeka),1 maincoon cat...

More
13 years 1 month ago #374782 by Inger
Replied by Inger on topic Kids don't like Rooster
I was thinking more of a replacement Animal Crazy, than another rooster. One rooster at a time is better. If you can't cope with the rooster you've got at the moment, I'm sure there's someone around who can dispatch him?

45 hectares between Whangarei and Paparoa. Registered Dexter cattle, Wiltshire sheep - black, white & pied.
New Hampshire Red poultry & Dorking poultry. Pilgrim Geese, Appleyard Ducks.
A cat called Pusscat and still looking for another heading dog.

More
13 years 1 month ago #374842 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Kids don't like Rooster
I must be as hard as nails as I had no problem dispatching any animal from my farm that did not show a gentle temperament. As stated many times, I am not a chookie person but the same would go for any rooster on my property (teenager or not) as I would not have wanted this for my hens. Be nice to my girls or be gone. Who is/are the most important member(s) of this group? Are you intentionly breeding - aimed at anyone not you Animal Crazy.

As others have pointed out - this behaviour is not necessary! I just spent the past few days with a chookie person and his free rangeing roooster (and the young one) were so laid back but still looking after their girls. Each to their own I guess but not for me the descriptions we are hearing. Get one of Inger's roosters!

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds