Kumeu Show

More
13 years 1 month ago #26555 by busholme
Kumeu Show was created by busholme
Anyone out this way want to meet up at the show.

Thought it might be an idea to get together and put faces to names[:I]

An indication of numbers on thread would be good and then the final organisational stuff can be done through PM.

30 - 50 Sheep, 6 chooks, 2 dogs, 1 cat and a wife - who wants highland cows, donkeys, ducks, alpacas etc [:D]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #368663 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic Kumeu Show
hey up.. i'll be there

More
13 years 1 month ago #368709 by bevhawkins
Replied by bevhawkins on topic Kumeu Show
Yes we will be there and we have Highland cows :D

More
13 years 1 month ago #368716 by Rustie
Replied by Rustie on topic Kumeu Show
Ooo, i'm hoping to go too! :D

A good friend will bale you out of jail.
A real friend will be sat in there with you!

More
13 years 1 month ago #368723 by Kiwismum
Replied by Kiwismum on topic Kumeu Show
We will go, but not sure which day yet

A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
A person only gains light
by bringing light into another's life
www.dreamforthree.co.nz/

More
13 years 1 month ago #368727 by Kiwi Sapper
Replied by Kiwi Sapper on topic Kumeu Show
Not attending as it is proliferating too many shoddy carnival type stalls greasy food outlets and car sales yards to interest me now. Was worth attending when we arrived in the area some 17 years ago but now I fear even the "Farmer's Market" which has only started there this year, is following the same tacky scenario. To my mind, "Farmer's Markets" are for produce stalls..........

More
13 years 1 month ago #368735 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic Kumeu Show

Kiwi Sapper;360235 wrote: Not attending as it is proliferating too many shoddy carnival type stalls greasy food outlets and car sales yards to interest me now. Was worth attending when we arrived in the area some 17 years ago but now I fear even the "Farmer's Market" which has only started there this year, is following the same tacky scenario. To my mind, "Farmer's Markets" are for produce stalls..........

totally agree.. i remember the old farmers market down at the sales yard.. much better.. went to the new one once.. wont bother again..
i go to the show to look at the animals and buy bulbs.. thats it.. oh and have an icecream!

More
13 years 1 month ago #368788 by busholme
Replied by busholme on topic Kumeu Show
KiwiSapper,

Totally agree with the Bah hum bug thoughts. But as a discerning male shopper I go and look at the things that I'm interested in. Water tanks, chain saws, stock and getting a new toy for the farm. Leaving all the rubbish for someone else to waste money on.

Unfortunately this year I fear that I will be dragged to the other places by my niece

30 - 50 Sheep, 6 chooks, 2 dogs, 1 cat and a wife - who wants highland cows, donkeys, ducks, alpacas etc [:D]

More
13 years 1 month ago #368790 by Cucs
Replied by Cucs on topic Kumeu Show
I''m going to, as we have friends entered in the "Wood Chop" and have some other indoor classes entered. Intend to pick up some Agrisea,find the "Bulb" man etc etc....

More
13 years 1 month ago #369057 by busholme
Okay, have been given the hard word by the niece and wife, both of which want to catch up with Bev and the wee heelan coos.

So....
What say we aim to be around the cattle (Highland) pens at around 1030 on the Sunday.

I will no doubt be dragged back to watch the judging of aforementionned cattle so there will be a second opportunity for any late risers.

I can be recognised by the wearied expression and the "Sims Metal" straw hat;)

More
13 years 1 month ago #369071 by bevhawkins
Replied by bevhawkins on topic Kumeu Show
Not sure we are going on Sunday, but if you drop me an e-mail you are most welcome to pop up to our place at your leisure to see our fold, we have not bred this year so are down on numbers but are happy for you to come and see what we have :D

More
13 years 1 month ago #369099 by busholme
Oops got the wrong end of the cattle prod:o

Lets try outside the sheep enclosure at 1030ish on the Sunday.

Same wearied expression, same "Sims metal" straw hat

More
13 years 1 month ago #369179 by Inger
Replied by Inger on topic Kumeu Show
We need LSB sun hats, don't we? I won't be going, but went to the Dargaville Show and we spent a fair bit of time looking at the car stalls. Needed to replace our late Toyota Hi-Lux. Decided to get a small car that doesn't use much fuel, for running around in and stick to only 1 ute for the towing side of things. Fuel is getting too expensive now to use a ute for everything. MAke sure you're sitting down when you open your next vehicle registration renewal letter. They've gone up again !!!!

45 hectares between Whangarei and Paparoa. Registered Dexter cattle, Wiltshire sheep - black, white & pied.
New Hampshire Red poultry & Dorking poultry. Pilgrim Geese, Appleyard Ducks.
A cat called Pusscat and still looking for another heading dog.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds