looking for pony...

More
13 years 2 months ago #369190 by GloPony
Replied by GloPony on topic looking for pony...
Yeah, we used to breed those 'real' horses. They really are quite magnificent when you have 3 or 4 of them in harness & they're great fun to ride! :D

As for the mini & horsepower; having had some of the worst rope burn ever from a mini, I wouldn't under estimate their horse power! The problem with miniature horses is, they don't realise they're small & have just as much will as a Clydesdale. Mind over matter plays a HUGE role in their power, I'm sure! :p

*Whispers* And just quietly, if you see the size of some of their passengers that they tow around in their wee carts, they're obviously VERY strong! [;)]:D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #369459 by igor
Replied by igor on topic looking for pony...
I saw a wagon with a five horse team go past our place the other day. Perhaps with petrol at $9.80 a gallon animals of draught are making a comeback?

More
13 years 2 months ago #369486 by Anne
Replied by Anne on topic looking for pony...

GloPony;360738 wrote: The problem with miniature horses is, they don't realise they're small & have just as much will as a Clydesdale. Mind over matter plays a HUGE role in their power, I'm sure! :p

*Whispers* And just quietly, if you see the size of some of their passengers that they tow around in their wee carts, they're obviously VERY strong! [;)]:D

I have a mini x riding pony - about 10 hh. He thinks he's a big horse. he's currently in the paddock I use for schooling (very limited grass:rolleyes:) and when I take one of my horses in he always canters over to growl and beat him up. He tries and tries to kick, but can't reach and I end up giggling at the sight of him trying to kick, while my horse trots or canters past, ignoring him completely.

I have to say that he's never kicked when he's under saddle or in harness. I don't think I'm really on of the people mentioned above by GloPony, but the cart work is LOTS of fun.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds