Stupid stupid sheep

More
13 years 2 months ago #26335 by Kiwismum
Stupid stupid sheep was created by Kiwismum
Sometime in the last three hours, one of the sheep have put herself into the wrong paddock. She did this by breaking the boards on a small portion of the fence between two closely spaced fence posts next to the gate.

Anyway she decided to put herself back in the paddock because that was where the other sheep were and all the grass, only she managed to get herself stuck on the way through.

Stupid girl was standing with her front end on one side and her back end on the side of the fence. Thinking I would just push her back and then let her through the gate I went up to free her, only to find that she was jammed in. her ribs would not allow her to go back and her hips would not allow her to go forwards. The slope of the hill must of been what had helped her the first time. Stupid sheep.

So I was puzzling over how to get her out without having to pull out the whole post. Ended up that by pulling her hind legs back one at a time and pushing her rump with my foot I did manage to release her, and thank goodness she was not hurt in the process. But come on, how stupid can you get to end up like that in the first place.

A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
A person only gains light
by bringing light into another's life
www.dreamforthree.co.nz/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #366204 by igor
Replied by igor on topic Stupid stupid sheep
Being a sheep she was stupid enough to show you the hole she escaped through. Most animals don't do that. Getting stuck going back only emphasises her stupidity.

More
13 years 2 months ago #366212 by jeannielea
Replied by jeannielea on topic Stupid stupid sheep
Sounds almost as bad as having to pull a lamb out from mum!!! Maybe it was just practise for you!!

More
13 years 2 months ago #366226 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic Stupid stupid sheep
What's with the redundancy in the title? All you need to say is "Sheep", we already know they're dumb stupid animals with vacuum between the ears.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
13 years 2 months ago #366227 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Stupid stupid sheep
Nooooooooo Kiwi. Not all sheep are dumb - just ones that are not FEMALE pets. Pets don't do dumb things like that. Did it have any Perandale (sp?) in it by any chance? If so, I will totally agree with you and your Mum. Dumb dumb sheep from my years of having sheep.

More
13 years 2 months ago #366228 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Stupid stupid sheep
:) all mine ( lambs included) are smart enough to know that when Dad yells out, to come fast :) .. as they might get a treat or they will get pats n scratches :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
13 years 2 months ago #366229 by brodie
Replied by brodie on topic Stupid stupid sheep
Mine's just selectively stupid.Very smart when it comes to food and pats-very dumb when it comes to not headbutting moving car tyres.....

2 dogs,2 kids,goldfish,20-ish chooks,2 axolytl,2 turtles,Lotsa free-range pigeons, budgies, pekin, cayuga & muscovy ducks + their babies, 5 horses,a cockatoo called Charlie and no money...[:D][:D];)

More
13 years 2 months ago #366283 by chocolatewoolnz
Replied by chocolatewoolnz on topic Stupid stupid sheep
[QUOTE= because that was where the other sheep were and all the grass.[/quote]

To be fair to the sheep I wouldn’t say it was stupid. It wasn’t a surprise it tried to get back with its mates especially if it was looking for a fresh 'picking'. All farmers/lifestlyers need to be able to anticipate situations like this with animals.

86 acres with Gotland, coloured merino and a few white sheep www.chocolatewoolnz.com + 1300 strawberry plants www.gilchriststrawberries.co.nz

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds