Goose eggs

More
13 years 3 months ago #26047 by Gander
Goose eggs was created by Gander
I am interested in breeding geese, can anyone tell me how I can get hold of geese eggs please, preferably either the Chinese or Embden varety?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #363089 by Blueberry
Replied by Blueberry on topic Goose eggs
Hi Gander
have you tried the rarebreeds website? they have contact details for geese breeders aplenty.
good luck :)

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

More
12 years 11 months ago #375852 by Suze13
Replied by Suze13 on topic Goose eggs
Hi Gander.

Have you had any luck with the goose egg quest. I,too wish to breed geese and would like to purchase fertile embden and chinese goose.

More
12 years 11 months ago #375867 by Simkin
Replied by Simkin on topic Goose eggs

Suze13;368474 wrote: Hi Gander.

Have you had any luck with the goose egg quest. I,too wish to breed geese and would like to purchase fertile embden and chinese goose.

I don't think anyone with your desired breeds will be willing to sell fertile eggs. You'd have to buy a pair and it would be a good idea to put in an order now. Be prepared to pay a substantial deposit as with the advent of TradeMe it happens more and more often that a pair is produced and when the person who has ordered them is contacted, the breeder is told that they've already purchased somewhere else.

Goose eggs don't hatch well in an incubator and goslings are VERY difficult to raise compared to ducklings and chicken chicks. If you want to hand raise gosling you can't leave home for the day to work elsewhere - water needs to be changed frequently and the bedding needs to be renewed at least twice daily.

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds