So long, and thanks for all the fish.

More
13 years 3 months ago #25989 by Isla
(Thanks to Douglas Adams too, obviously.)

Anyone who would like to contact me directly, is welcome to do so via my website. I'll happily talk cattle until the cows come home. :)

Many thanks to Kate; you've provided an excellent opportunity for so many people and I have enjoyed my time here.

My best to you all.
Ruth.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #362309 by sod
Are you leaving all together? It will be a big loss for all of us but ypou know what and why you do things and I don't Take care

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
13 years 3 months ago #362319 by eldenwood2
I am so so sorry to see you leave the site :( - I will follow your website as I have learnt so much from you - even though I don't post very often I come in and read every day and have so enjoyed following your various adventures and quietly and privately cheered on your efforts and attempts to sort out living life next to some fairly wacky and sometimes nasty neighbours! your pictures and explanations of cattle births helped us save one of our calves when we read up what to expect and what to do in advance of the events... so from us a huge and heart felt **THANK YOU** :) ( and I cross fingers that one day you feel ok to come back!)

Elaine and Denis,Now living in Perth...

More
13 years 3 months ago #362325 by terralee
You are NOT allowed to go[}:)] :( [:(!] so stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
13 years 3 months ago #362330 by max2
Crikey I thought this might happen....

I am sorry that you are leaving the forum Ruth! I think I mentioned in an earlier thread that this forum needs all its members and their collective advice they offer to each and everyone of us. I understand from the various threads what has occured for you to want to depart, and whilst the rest of us cannot change that, I would ask you to reconsider your departure and just ''overlook'' the situation for now. I thought it would be done and dusted by now and the forum and members would have moved on intact.

More
13 years 3 months ago #362335 by Seaside
Sorry to hear that you are leaving us Isla. You have contributed a lot over the years and you will be missed.

As well as all the help and advice you have generously given, I will never forget your photo of an "Advanced member". Hope you reconsider and come back when the dust settles.

Louisa

Kids, beasts, and chillies in Swannanoa South.
www.farmaway.co.nz

More
13 years 3 months ago #362336 by Simkin
Well, Isla, I'm not happy about your decision at all but at least we know what your grievances are - unlike Jack's reason for quitting for instance.

I really enjoyed reading your posts and I hope that at some stage in the future you might be able to forget this accusation that has been made.

More
13 years 3 months ago #362337 by max2

Simkin;353195 wrote: Well, Isla, I'm not happy about your decision at all but at least we know what your grievances are - unlike Jack's reason for quitting for instance.

I really enjoyed reading your posts and I hope that at some stage in the future you might be able to forget this accusation that has been made.

when did Jack go?[:0][:0][:0]

More
13 years 3 months ago #362338 by Mich
Isla, I've already emailed your website, but I just want to publicly apologise if my last post played any part in your decision to go. Unfortunately in my clumsy attempt to to be fair and stand up for both you and Jen - people that I admire and care about - I fear I may have added fuel to the fire. If you and others feel this is the case, then I ask for your forgiveness. Isla, please don't go. You have added so much to this site and helped many people. For you to leave in these circumstances is extremely sad.
Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

More
13 years 3 months ago #362344 by Xartep
I to am sad to see you leave this forum.
I missed all the posts that caused the problems so don't know the ins and outs of your decision.
I would just like to say that your knowledge base will be missed.

I valued your sometimes brutal honesty and forthright manner and am grateful that your ire has never been directed at me[;)] as I am sure it would have burnt[^] and most likely I would have deserved it in full.

It is diversity of knowledge and information sharing that makes forums like this so valuable and we will be hurting from your lack of input.

I will read your articles in other publications with interest as usual.

Best wishes.

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

More
13 years 3 months ago #362347 by Jan
Ruth I am so sorry you are leaving. I have enjoyed your posts from way back.

I havent read what has caused all this and perhaps dont want to, but I hope in time you may come back again.

Take care..oh and I will be reading your website and love your photos

Jan

Jan

More
13 years 3 months ago #362348 by Toast
Don't know what's been going on here but this is clearly a ridiculous situation with people (two, I believe) leaving.

Isla's knowledge and experience is valuable, particularly in relation to cattle. The site needs people like her.

If this situation can be rectified by the powers that be, or whoever, please do so!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Toast is the best food in the world
Whisky is the best drink in the world

More
13 years 3 months ago #362355 by spoook
Isla, I will be very sorry if you do decide to stay away from LSB, you are a valued friend and respected member of my family [:X] .

Swaggie, when you posted .......

"(Its a pity that the original poster who made the accusation didn't have the b*lls to create a thread that answered your following query or apologise for the allegation and it would be done and dusted by now and the forum and members would have moved on intact). "

.... were you alluding to Kaybe? If so, you have missed reading some posts. Kaybe had responded with this....

"Hi Isla, I'm sorry my post got the other thread locked. It was not intended as a personal attack and I was surprised it was seen that way. It's that darn 'tone of voice' thing again. My apologies. I have read your response and to avoid hijacking this thread and re-opening a closed topic, I will send you a PM instead. It will be nice, I promise!"

Please correct me if I am wrong. [:I]

All .....
I have said this before, and sadly know I will probably feel the need again :( .....

We are open to the public, the written word we place here is available for always.
(many times I have been searching an un-LSB related topic and end up back here [;)])

If we are seen to be in-fighting or bitching or trolling we will not attract new members, existing members will leave and the advertisers will not choose to place their money with LSB and we will all miss out..... we will not exist. [xx(]
Or ...... we could all pay for our ability to participate for what is available to us for free. (and you do not get that much these days)

Maybe we should all take time to reflect on how we would "survive" without LSB. I am not saying we could not, but the collective knowledge we all call on, can not be priced.
Maybe the price of the knowledge bank we have access to, is that we read and re-read our post to ensure that it can not be offending in any way.
Ask ourselves....would we say these words to someone face to face? (and not expect a slap for it [:I])

I have been reading the posts in-between my real life, yes, I do have one, and am saddened at some of the responses that have been made. I have been choosing to "walk away" as I do not want to be seen as offending anyone, that is not how I am.
In that case, I am the one that does not have the b*lls.

As a moderator I have the power to delete, lock and change all posts. I can also pose infractions for "bad behaviour", once you get 3 of these you are in the naughty chair for 5 days and not allowed to post on the forum.
This ability/ privilege is not taken lightly, it is not abused by myself or other moderators.
It is not an easy decision to moderate, you always have that feeling of upsetting someone no matter how diplomatic you think you have been. With all that process having taken place, to be called to task for "pouring oil on troubled waters" by fellow members seems to be more than is needed.
I feel if you object to a mod's action, firstly send a PM to the mod concerned, if that gets no satisfaction, contact Kate, her word is final. Is is her site.

Mention has been made that PMs have not been responded to, sometimes our real lives take over the life we have on LSB, some people have several children that need attention, some have sick animals that we all know take priority, some work 5 days a week and try to cram our block/farm and home into the weekends, some are selling and buying or building, sometimes it is just technology that lets us down and the computer crashes.
Are we not selfish if we expect a response straight away, no allowance being made for the others existence or lifestyle?

This forum is very relaxed, I am sure we all like it that way and want it to stay that way.
I have noticed on other forums that as soon as someone steps out of line, the moderator/ administrator cuts it at the pass and the thread / subject is locked. I have never seen it where the poster comes back on the forum and attacks the action. (This is not pointing to anyone in particular so please do not read it that way. :o The situation we have recently encountered has happened before, the mod cracks down on things going off the rails and the mod is attacked for diverting the flow.:eek:)

If you have read this far, I commend your patience. One thing it should have done was to give you somewhere calm and cool out of the sun to be with your LSB family. Now is that not valuable to you??

Kate, if you feel this is out of line, please delete or change. I feel a bit better for having said it....again. :(

My apologies if this out of context a little, it has been sitting here fro a while, I have re-read and now posting.

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
13 years 3 months ago #362363 by Minky2
PLEASE don't go. I don't have my own LSB at the moment and love coming here to read about everybody's LSBs and animals. Your posts are always interesting, informative and often humorous (in a nice way). I don't want to be deprived of reading them. I am sure there would be plenty of others who feel the same way?

More
13 years 3 months ago #362373 by Stu_R
Firstly Ruth you are a mine of konwledge and info , which i respect greatly :)
It is your choice to do whats best for you .. i will miss you big time :( .. but respect your right to do whats best for you :)

Spoook , you got it in a nutshell mate :) very well said

Unfortunately i have a feeling that it was my comments on the "Dog in Rabbit Hole" thread that sparked a lot of what has gone down since :(
I stand by what i said totaly ... it was a thread about the joy of the lil dog being found, and found alive .. it did not need everyone to go into "attack the dogs owner" mode

I personally attacked no one , just made a general point as to what i thought ... and i still stand by what i thought and said

To me it seems those comments ( honest thoughts and my opinion) have sparked a lot of crap thats happened since i made them ... me, i respect everyones right to their own thoughts and opinions, (thats why i posted mine) and the right of free speach
Maybe cause i had the balls to say what i thought ( and it seems lots thought the same way i did ) then that was wrong .. doesnt matter, it was what i thought and meant so i said it.

:) Spoook has it in a nutshell :) this place is a mine of info :), lots of very friendly , helpful people on here, its a good family :) all advice, knowledge,and ideas are greatfuly accepted :) , and one can either learn from them if one is interested, or one can disregard them if one isn't .. its a freedom of choice thing :)

LOL and the comments i have seen on "lack of english ability" and on " spelling and grammer" lol well hey this is me :) , i dont have spell check, can't spell for shit, and my English is very Basic Kiwi, i dont shag around being "PC" i just say what i think and mean ... and in a nutshell :) if one doesn't like the way i say things or what i say ... then its not my problem :) , its theirs .. lol them not like what i say or how i spell or type it is never going to change the basic person i am :) .. i am just old, bones of arse broke, and doing the best i can at being a helpful, honest, and good animal daddy :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds