Forum Rules update?

More
13 years 3 months ago #25947 by Isla
Forum Rules update? was created by Isla
Please could the Forum Rules post be updated to include the topics we may not discuss ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #361754 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Forum Rules update?

Isla;352564 wrote: Please could the Forum Rules post be updated to include the topics we may not discuss ?

Surely if you start to ban topics, you will kill off something that's really important about this site.

What people need to do is keep in mind the spirit of each thread, try not to hijack it and practise a measure of self restraint if that thread provokes feelings that make one "hot under the collar" ...................or start one's own thread.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
13 years 3 months ago #361762 by bev
Replied by bev on topic Forum Rules update?
Isla, your doing better than me ..
Id be rightly pissed off if thread i started to put people right got locked as well, Seems around here if you arent the majority you dont get your say!

More
13 years 3 months ago #361763 by Isla
Replied by Isla on topic Forum Rules update?
I'm the majority at this desk right now, and we're all in agreement! [;)] :D

Sometimes my tongue is stuck so far into the corner of my cheek my jaw hurts!

More
13 years 3 months ago #361769 by Cinsara
Replied by Cinsara on topic Forum Rules update?
We're all legends in our own little worlds Isla [;)]

>

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate!

More
13 years 3 months ago #361770 by Cinsara

bev;352580 wrote: Id be rightly pissed off if thread i started to put people right

That type of wording/attitude may be half the problem.

>

More
13 years 3 months ago #361772 by Kevin and Perlita Morgan
I thought that this section of the forum was dealing with farming ,not people having babies and selling houses and lots of other related posts ,Shouldnt all those posts come under Other things section ,I come on here to pick up information concerning farming ,not the other stuff ,i can watch the soap operas if i want to know abut all that,About time the rules were applied properly
Kevin

More
13 years 3 months ago #361773 by Isla
Objection!

More
13 years 3 months ago #361774 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Forum Rules update?
Anyone else like to complain?

Web Goddess

More
13 years 3 months ago #361776 by Isla
Yes, I have a list. [}:)] Firstly the humidity has just skyrocketed; could you please fix that?

More
13 years 3 months ago #361779 by Mich
Replied by Mich on topic Forum Rules update?
I think the moderators do an excellent job, personally, and I can't see the need to get more specific than we are already - except, perhaps, to watch out for OTs appearing in the Your Place forum - but one thing often leads to another in a post. Can't really help that sometimes.

I think Jen dealt with Isla's post well. It was a good post and did the job as far as I can tell. I certainly could see why Isla wrote it, and fair enough. But I can see why Jen drew the line. Regardless of whether we always agree with the rules, they are there to make this as pleasant and informative a site as possible and as Jen indicated, compared with other sites, this is an excellent one. Allows us a lot of leniency but there are just enough rules to keep it sweet. Would we really want an unmoderated site? Or, conversely, one that is so fraught with must do's that we don't want to post for fear of breaking them? And in any event, regardless of who a site belongs to, by joining in, we agree to abide by their rules.

Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

More
13 years 3 months ago #361780 by Cinsara
I think it is also important to remember that no one all knowing to start off with and while it is brilliant to talk to more experienced posters, no one likes to be talked at.

>

More
13 years 3 months ago #361781 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Forum Rules update?

Kate;352592 wrote: Anyone else like to complain?

Yes, my number won't come up for powerball and they won't give me a refund on the failed purchase. :rolleyes:[B)]:o

More
13 years 3 months ago #361789 by Mich
Replied by Mich on topic Forum Rules update?
Um, not sure quite what style of writing stops people from feeling talked at, Cinsara :-) :-) The closest I can come to it is using "I think" a lot, LOL.
Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

More
13 years 3 months ago #361793 by Isla
I think I'd like those who feel talked at to go through some of the offending posts and provide some examples. Go on, feel free. I think.

Perhaps those of you who are offended by how posts are written could consider that some are actually written quite carefully to be concise, accurate, unoffending and perhaps some of the resulting formality is what's offending you?

Back to the purpose of my first post: I was, after a few minutes of consideration of yesterday's thread being locked after I'd posted, annoyed that an opportunity to discuss issues around risk and care of animals was removed. While the initial question asked by the other forum member was based in some misunderstanding of the situation which had occurred here, a useful question was raised about responsibility and in context it also raised issues of legal responsibility around animal care and protection.

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds