Adding LSB to Facebook?

More
13 years 3 months ago #362655 by Dream Weaver

Westermans;352534 wrote: I LOVE FB :) I can catch up with all my family in the UK, hey i find stuff out way before my mum does and she is living right next door :)
BUT sometimes i have to pull my girls into check on it...they both have accounts and we are freinds on there so i can see everything they post,sometimes they might say something about cant be arsed to go to work etc...so i have to remind them of how how many people have lost their jobs due to slagging off work on FB!
I get to see pics of the latest babies born in my family, i have caught up with so many mates from my school days and if i choose not to add them i dont! Some people are just nosey and want to see what you are up to but as long as you have all the settings correct only those in your freinds lists can see pics and posts from you, other than that they only see basic info..name and where you live :)
I know its not everyones cup of tea but it is my lifeline to all my freinds and family as i do not have time to chat to them all or see them, even my kiwi mates catch up with me more often on FB than in real life as my real life is very busy, so when i sit to have my cuppa i log in and catch up...log out once cuppa is over :)

Atta girl lol, and we can say a quick "Morning" to each other most days xx Ya either like it, or ya dont.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #362754 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Adding LSB to Facebook?
Ok, so I thought this poll would have had a time limit on it, enough not to be able to sway....

But whilst there are many good family reasons here for facebook, and most of those seem to be about catching up with the overseas family, but not about a business proposition.... which is what LSB is about.

More
13 years 3 months ago #362759 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Adding LSB to Facebook?
I must be getting REALLY old (I'm not) but besides Skype, I hate contact throught FB. Bit like all the people texting each other. What the hell is wrong with picking up a phone and talking with your friends? Sure there are times when you can't but what is your first preference?

I am old enough to remember when Telecom suggested charging for local calls. The country was in an uproar - no free phone calls?

Next thing we had Mobile phones and whereas it may have cost you b all to ring a mate, everyone now is paying big fees for mobiles. Half the time, they could ring their friend free on a landline (if they had one) but no - it is all on mobile calling.

I also KNOW that it is borderline cost wise between having a landline with calling extras and an account with your mobile provider BUT there are those of us who are deaf (Kiwi) or partially deaf (me) and I can't hear well on a mobile! I am freaking out about the day when we don't have landlines where you can turn up the volume.

I sure as hell don't want to talk to any number of business people etc on Skype so what about those of us who like to hear the inflection in a friends voice and the intimacy that talking creates.

No doubt a bit outside what is being talked about on this thread - is it? - but my add on to whatever has been said.

More
13 years 3 months ago #362797 by Louise W
Replied by Louise W on topic Adding LSB to Facebook?

swaggie;353653 wrote: Ok, so I thought this poll would have had a time limit on it, enough not to be able to sway....

But whilst there are many good family reasons here for facebook, and most of those seem to be about catching up with the overseas family, but not about a business proposition.... which is what LSB is about.

I use FB for my stud and stallions - It has brought in quite a lot of business and definitely created a lot of interest in the stallions/stud. I find it excellent for keeping up with friends and family but it has also proven to be a very powerful networking and marketing tool. I am now in regular contact with people all over the country and the world who share the same interest in horses/horse breeding as I. Have had enquiries from as far afield as the USA, Ireland and Belgium (amongst other countries) and one of my homebred horses is going to feature in a book that is being published in Scotland shortly (I will get photo and breeding credits) so it has actually proven to be a very powerful marketing tool. Used with a bit of savvy, FB has huge potential to increase the profile of any business, even a teeny tiny one like mine :)

TALISMAN FARM

Home of 'TF Hamish'and 'Crossiebeg Brennan' and where we are 'breeding extraordinary horses for ordinary riders'

25 acres of beautiful rolling pastures in the heart of the wonderful Wairarapa.

NixPixArt and Talisman Farm
or join us on FACEBOOK

More
13 years 3 months ago #362805 by Dream Weaver
goodness DiDi ya just made me feel old cause i can remember the first phone mum and Dad had when I was little was a big bulky black thing, you had to use your finger to actually dial OMG Roflmao I AM a rellic hahahahahaha

More
13 years 3 months ago #362812 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic Adding LSB to Facebook?

smilie;353712 wrote: goodness DiDi ya just made me feel old cause i can remember the first phone mum and Dad had when I was little was a big bulky black thing, you had to use your finger to actually dial OMG Roflmao I AM a rellic hahahahahaha

:eek::eek::eek::eek: I can remember the ones with a handle that you turned round then spoke into the mouthpiece "Working?" to see if anyone was already on the line ...and your phone # ring was short short long[:0]:eek::eek::eek:
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
13 years 3 months ago #362822 by Jeffie
Replied by Jeffie on topic Adding LSB to Facebook?

Louise W;353704 wrote: I use FB for my stud and stallions - It has brought in quite a lot of business and definitely created a lot of interest in the stallions/stud. I find it excellent for keeping up with friends and family but it has also proven to be a very powerful networking and marketing tool. I am now in regular contact with people all over the country and the world who share the same interest in horses/horse breeding as I. Have had enquiries from as far afield as the USA, Ireland and Belgium (amongst other countries) and one of my homebred horses is going to feature in a book that is being published in Scotland shortly (I will get photo and breeding credits) so it has actually proven to be a very powerful marketing tool. Used with a bit of savvy, FB has huge potential to increase the profile of any business, even a teeny tiny one like mine :)

Well said Louise, I know of quite a few groups / businesses (in NZ and overseas) who uses FB to the benefit to them. FB is not just for family and friends as some might view it. I don't believe putting LSB on FB would bring a huge workload with it either, if that is the case, I'm happy to help.

More
13 years 3 months ago #362856 by Louise W
Replied by Louise W on topic Adding LSB to Facebook?

Jeffie;353730 wrote: I don't believe putting LSB on FB would bring a huge workload with it either, if that is the case, I'm happy to help.

Ditto Kate :)

TALISMAN FARM

Home of 'TF Hamish'and 'Crossiebeg Brennan' and where we are 'breeding extraordinary horses for ordinary riders'

25 acres of beautiful rolling pastures in the heart of the wonderful Wairarapa.

NixPixArt and Talisman Farm
or join us on FACEBOOK

More
13 years 3 months ago #363010 by GloPony
Replied by GloPony on topic Adding LSB to Facebook?
I agree with Lou & Jeffie. The Kaimanawa Wild Horse Welfare Trust Inc. has a Facebook page & it's a brilliant way to pick up new members & get our profile out there!

I use it to alert people to updates on the website so it doesn't detract from the website content at all, just acts as a portal to get more people there & makes it easy for them to 'share' our links with their 'friends' & in turn, generate even more interest.

It's a great way to keep the more casual subscribers interested in your website & coming back to visit when they may otherwise forget all about you. It gives you more instant 'reach' when you need to get important info. out quickly & directly as well.

It certainly deserves some careful consideration I would think & maybe more from the angle of why don't you need to be there than why do you?

In my experience, it requires WAY less effort than updating the website, that's for sure!

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds