Adding LSB to Facebook?

More
13 years 3 months ago #361394 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Adding LSB to Facebook?
Personally I think the poll speaks for itself.

And I don't think because its in the negative majority (I voted I don't care) that it has been swayed by uninformed opinions, I think the majority that have voted are VERY informed.

Just perhaps the outcome isn't what some expected......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #361397 by Kevin and Perlita Morgan
I found that the poll question was straight forward ,yes,no,dont care ,I chose no ,and nowhere does the poll ask for my reason why i chose any of the 3
I chose No because that option suited me , and i dont have to have others approval or permission to vote that way
Cheers Kevin

More
13 years 3 months ago #361399 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Adding LSB to Facebook?
My opinion is that all votes are valid, even if some votes are based on misinforamation then it's still valid as if people won't visit an lsb fb page for that reason then it's as valid as any other :D

From a practical point of view I can make annoucements, launch discussions etc from these forums....the articles are published here and attract new users. I don't know what fb would add to lsb (except for more work [}:)]) I've thought of adding chat to the forums but there are pm's for private stuff and everything else can be posted so the maximum number of people can benefit.

Not everyone registers on the forum, in fact the number of registered members is usually outnumbered by 'lurkers' by about 3 to 1.

So, I'm stuggling to see where fb would be of real benefit....

Web Goddess

More
13 years 3 months ago #361423 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Adding LSB to Facebook?

Kate;352179 wrote: So, I'm stuggling to see where fb would be of real benefit....

Me too [;)]

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
13 years 3 months ago #361426 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic Adding LSB to Facebook?
No struggle......... none what -so-ever

More
13 years 3 months ago #361430 by Ziggy
Replied by Ziggy on topic Adding LSB to Facebook?
I think the biggest value Facebook could offer would be increasing the traffic on the lifestyle block site itself. At the end of the day existing members would continue to come straight here some may choose to get updates from fb if that's there thing.

But the questions have to be asked that would then answer the original question..... would having a FB page add value to lifestyle block? Do you want to grow the lifestyle block website business? would fb expose the site to new people? Would it attract additional followers? Could then more people click through to this site? If the answer is yes to those questions then that really does answers the question ... Should lifestyle block have a Facebook page? Nothing to lose and additional visitor numbers in a niche market website = advertising revenues to gain!

More
13 years 3 months ago #361448 by max2

Ziggy;352212 wrote: I think the biggest value Facebook could offer would be increasing the traffic on the lifestyle block site itself. At the end of the day existing members would continue to come straight here some may choose to get updates from fb if that's there thing.

But the questions have to be asked that would then answer the original question..... would having a FB page add value to lifestyle block? Do you want to grow the lifestyle block website business? would fb expose the site to new people? Would it attract additional followers? Could then more people click through to this site? If the answer is yes to those questions then that really does answers the question ... Should lifestyle block have a Facebook page? Nothing to lose and additional visitor numbers in a niche market website = advertising revenues to gain!

Would users of FB use it as a ''google'' tool to find LSB rather than open up a browser page and search for relevant sites of interest....? I would suspect not....

More
13 years 3 months ago #361478 by Ziggy
No Swaggie not as a google tool ..... But have you ever heard the phrase regarding "word of mouth" being the best forme of advertising?? Anyone who knows the power of FB or any strong social media sites know that it is a tool to embrase if you can and for a business it can be like word of mouth on steriods!! It is not a choice of one way (google) or the other way (Facebook) it is just different roads leading to essentially the same place if done well.

More
13 years 3 months ago #361479 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Adding LSB to Facebook?
:) something that some of us who hate the S**t out of FB will never know :) and are happy not to know :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
13 years 3 months ago #361489 by max2

Ziggy;352266 wrote: No Swaggie not as a google tool ..... But have you ever heard the phrase regarding "word of mouth" being the best forme of advertising?? Anyone who knows the power of FB or any strong social media sites know that it is a tool to embrase if you can and for a business it can be like word of mouth on steriods!! It is not a choice of one way (google) or the other way (Facebook) it is just different roads leading to essentially the same place if done well.

Ziggy I regularly get email updates from a ''strong'' media/public speaker commentator at my work as our email addy was given out ad hoc over the telephone one day to one of her market researchers and she preaches FB, Twitter (or twit depending on how you want to view it) as a way to get your business out ''there''. Well I did the FB thing and we didn't have a stampede at work for new membership because I listed it.

some things people will pick up on most definately by word of mouth, that being in the traditional sense of a good recommendation, others will find out from paper media advertising or tripping over it whilst ''googling''. I have banged on in a previous post that I don't think FB is the be all and end all for any business..... and I haven't changed my mind.[;)][;)] :)

More
13 years 3 months ago #361493 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Adding LSB to Facebook?
Perhaps I am naff but if I want to see what is happening in life, it is usually in my back yard (local area) or something I am interested in. LSB for example - an interest foudn via Google I beleive (been here for years!). What restaurant to take my friends to - look it up on Google under Restaurants (in my area) and usually I can also score the menu on their Website.

Just so not getting why I would go to FB to find a business I may be interested in - i.e. Swaggie's one. Here I admit to being older but hell I can find whatever I want on the Net and am reknowned for doing just that so why FB? Feel free to bring me into 2011.

More
13 years 3 months ago #361499 by Ziggy
DiDi you are right ..... if you want to go to a restaurant you can find one to go to all you have to do is go looking (google it or what ever) when you have the urge. You find restaurants and make a decision.

With FB you may not be looking, you may not even be thinking of going to any restaurant at all but serval of your "friends" or "friends friends" have commented about the cool place they went or you see them joining a "group" or "liking" a restaurants page ....so you will check it out as people you know and share interests with like it so ok might try that place out it's like a recommendation.

It's just another way of exposure or finding that point of difference..... some people love social media, they FB, tweet and blog linking it all together with their web pages some people hate it all and some people like one thing not another. Each to their own but it certainly makes for an interesting future :)

More
13 years 3 months ago #361501 by Ziggy
And Swaggie, I also don't think Facebook is "the be all and end all" for business but I do think it is a tool that shouldn't be ignored :)

More
13 years 3 months ago #361512 by Mich
Replied by Mich on topic Adding LSB to Facebook?
See, now I'm heading for a split personality - I'm sitting here thinking about how nice it would be to have a lifestyle without all this media technology - where getting a letter (as opposed to a bill) in the mail was exciting because it meant someone had gone to a lot of trouble to write and post it, and people spoke face to face instead of texting or emaling their friends and neighbours (or in extreme cases, their kids in the other room), and the whole world didn't know your every move. And then I realise what I'm doing!!! Posting on a (kind of) social media site using the very technology I was dreaming about doing without only 2 minutes ago, LOL. Obviously I have way too much time on my hands and I should be out watering my veges or dealing to the thistles.

Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

More
13 years 3 months ago #361516 by highgirl
Replied by highgirl on topic Adding LSB to Facebook?
This is such an interesting thread...

to Andrea, I completely agree what is the point in telling people they are making uniformed decisions without actually giving them some information to make decision with?

to Swaggie (I though the other day you said you'd spent many a night in tears over things you'd read in facebook) and I'd have to agree...I certainly have...forewarned is forearmed

and to Swaggie again...from everything I've heard and seen, it's not a safe forum for kids or teenagers because young people can be so hurtful with no idea of the consequences.

As for LSB on FB, I voted Yes but really don't care...both serve a different purpose for me and i can't really see them interlapping.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds