Rain (again) - needed!

More
16 years 4 months ago #2587 by reggit
www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10485594

We've got our fingers and toes crossed for rain for tomorrow and Weds as predicted. Its getting very dry here, and those I have spoken to from BOP and Auckland are saying that it is bad there. How is everyone coping elsewhere?

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 4 months ago #74491 by ardnas
Replied by ardnas on topic Rain (again) - needed!
I heard it was rain and/or showers up until and including Friday.:D

Oh well, we are heading home from holiday tomorrow and I have to say after two weeks of sun everyday I, and the family, could do with a break from it.[:0]

More
16 years 4 months ago #74500 by Finn McCool
Replied by Finn McCool on topic Rain (again) - needed!
yep we need some, especially in the stock tank, hubby forgot to turn the tap off the other day then trotted off to work and didn't remember 'til he came home and I was totally oblivious! DOH!

Our builders have started our renovations today and have just ripped down the carport, most of the guttering and the connection the our tank. double DOH!!

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

More
16 years 4 months ago #74518 by oskatd
Replied by oskatd on topic Rain (again) - needed!
I'll believe it when I see it.... We are pretty desperate, but if it could just rain at night that would be most agreeable!

More
16 years 4 months ago #74520 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic Rain (again) - needed!
well if you live in Wellington - it's pouring! not helpful though to where the grass is growing!!!! Our LSB is very thirsty indeed, pity we can't catch it Wellington and ship it over the hill

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
16 years 4 months ago #74527 by Gracelands
Replied by Gracelands on topic Rain (again) - needed!
Just checked out the TVNZ weather satellite. Looks like there's a lot of wet stuff out there in the Tasman. Hope it gets all the way across the country to me. My place is a lot drier than yours, Tigger.

tvnz.co.nz/cda/tvnz/weather_area_skin/THAMES?area=THAMES

Go to the link, then click on Satellite Image.

"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower."
Hans Christian Anderson

More
16 years 4 months ago #74534 by Birman Babe
Replied by Birman Babe on topic Rain (again) - needed!
Phew its hot here in the Paeroa area but no sign of rain..has been a bit breezier today though. PLEASE RAIN! I have just been walking around my garden & I have a few adults bushes starting to wilt...

More
16 years 4 months ago #74536 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Rain (again) - needed!
We are very dry here too, keep getting big black clouds like now over the mountains but all we get are few spits or little bit of drizzle.

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
16 years 4 months ago #74547 by skyline_glenn
We are really dry here in Pauatahanui(20mins north of Wellington) our stream dried up last week and it has only been a trickel for the last month. Hope the rain stays around for a while. Its not pouring but just a constant drizzle for the last 3 1/2 hours. Had 10.8mm so far. Although it would be nice if it stoped in the morning and then started in the evening again so I can work.

Glenn

More
16 years 4 months ago #74554 by Dream Weaver
Replied by Dream Weaver on topic Rain (again) - needed!
Peeing here in Otaki to. Great for the paddocks but have some very annoyed goats here who are all in their shed not daring to wander out and graze lol.

More
16 years 4 months ago #74566 by Louimay
Replied by Louimay on topic Rain (again) - needed!
Raining here as well. Not the heavy rain we have a warning about but it maybe peeing down further up in the ranges. It is enough rain to freshen the place up but we could do with a good few days of it as we are still recovering from the dry November and it is still quite dry here.

Hopefully the rain is coming your way Tigger:)

More
16 years 4 months ago #74615 by hilldweller
Replied by hilldweller on topic Rain (again) - needed!
Nice and green down here with several little showers since that drizzle followed by rain in mid Dec [^]. The thistles, of course, are growing three times as fast as anything else:(:(:( and I must go and check the hay paddock sometime this week. Last time I looked it was pretty gutless with lots of seeded dogstail and only the beginnings of good clover underneath.

Fingers crossed for rain for those of you who need it.

hilldweller

More
16 years 4 months ago #74622 by Louise W
Replied by Louise W on topic Rain (again) - needed!
We've had 7mm this afternoon/evening :D Lovely!

TALISMAN FARM

Home of 'TF Hamish'and 'Crossiebeg Brennan' and where we are 'breeding extraordinary horses for ordinary riders'

25 acres of beautiful rolling pastures in the heart of the wonderful Wairarapa.

NixPixArt and Talisman Farm
or join us on FACEBOOK

More
16 years 4 months ago #74627 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Rain (again) - needed!
Louise great isn't it just hope it keeps coming as its forcast, started so as I finished last post:)

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
16 years 4 months ago #74633 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic Rain (again) - needed!
Just started here about 5 this morning ... bring it on:D

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds