Dog Found Down Rabbit Hole After 2 Days!

More
13 years 3 months ago #361454 by Jeffie
I totally agree with Stu and Arnie and honestly BACK OFF!

We know that some of you are absolutely perfect is your being and living that some of us other mortals struggle to keep up with you and compare poorly with you.

This thread was written in joy by the owner and they got personally attacked and pulled to bits and still no end to it. It is the same with the FB poll thing. Just let it go and stop going on and on about it.

Somedays being on this site is taking me back when I was breeding birds and belonged to a bird club in NZ......makes me wonder if it is worth it and if I even should be a bloody member on here. I think not! I have learnt heaps from people on here but this self righteousness of some members is a REAL pain in the backside. Somedays it's like beating your head on a brick wall!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #361460 by kaybe
Stu and Jeffie, I agree with you both. I followed this thread today to find out why Jeffie wants to leave. I hope you decide to stay Jeffie.

LRM, thanks for sharing your Xmas miracle with us. You probably won't read this after all the flak though!

Lighten up everyone! Unasked-for advice is a form of criticism however well-meant. :rolleyes:

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #361465 by Mich
After reading the first couple of posts on this thread and as a dog lover, I was really happy for LRM. It was a wonderful miracle and I can just imagine how happy you were.

I didn't follow the thread after that until now, but having followed the history of some of those incidents, I can understand what pressed some people's buttons. But this was such good news it's a shame to see things turn to custard.

Kaybe, I love your final sentence, and I'm reminded of Jen's signature - it's not what you say but the way you say it.

LRM, please don't say you're leaving too....
Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #361477 by Isla

kaybe;352247 wrote: ... Unasked-for advice is a form of criticism however well-meant. :rolleyes:

And if it was criticism? As the initial poster of that particular reaction to this fabulous find of a lost dog, I stand by the questions and the comments I made.

Lots of people like to let their nice wee dogs have fun. Many of those dogs end up killing wildlife, worrying stock, causing mayhem and sometimes getting seriously hurt themselves. It's not responsible to let that happen and it's not legal either. That was my point.

If you post something on here, you are volunteering to receive comment on whatever you've posted or are reporting you've done. Getting all upset because you get a different reaction from the one you wanted is unreasonable. You might receive comfort and support and agreement, or you might get ignored, or people might disagree with you and tell you so. That happens to most of us at some time on this forum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #361480 by Stu_R

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #361482 by Ziggy
I don't believe any dog owner can honestly say they know where their dog is 100% of the time, same as kids there is always times when you take your eye off them. Not many people would have there dogs on chains, runs or in kennels all of the time and most dogs can get over farm fencing if they really want too and most dogs don't go round worrying stock or killing everything in sight but yes some do. I think this started cause unfortunetly some people are just a little wound up after having years of crappy neighbours that they assume ever one is a irresponsible moron. As has been said before..... Fantastic news, thanks for sharing and people lighten up it's a beautiful day and a whole new year!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #361490 by Kalmara
Ziggy said "I don't believe any dog owner can honestly say they know where their dog is 100% of the time"
Ziggy
I can honestly tell you I know the whereabouts of all my 10 dogs 24/7 & no they are never chained.
(4 are inside lying in front of the fan/5 are lying on the front lawn under the trees & 1 is on his bed on the deck)

Your quite correct about farm fencing not being suitable containment, so sometimes people have to think outside the square for keeping their dogs on their own property.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #361492 by kaybe

Isla;352265 wrote: And if it was criticism? As the initial poster of that particular reaction to this fabulous find of a lost dog, I stand by the questions and the comments I made.

There's a time and a place for criticism and that wasn't it. It wasn't just you, either.

Isla;352265 wrote: It's not responsible to let that happen and it's not legal either. That was my point.

Is it responsible to let your stock wander in a known subsidence area, and then have to dig them out with a tractor and the local fire brigade when they get stuck up to their necks in a hole? That was you wasn't it? Did you get anyone telling you it was irresponsible of you not to have fenced off that area from stock? If they did, was that welcome advice? Or did it come under the heading of 'Thanks, but I kind of figured that out for myself". Maybe they refrained from comment because it was a cool rescue story with a happy outcome. Like this one.

Isla;352265 wrote: Getting all upset because you get a different reaction from the one you wanted is unreasonable.

It's not unreasonable, it's human nature. Share a 'feel-good' story and you expect to receive 'feel-good' responses.

Isla;352265 wrote: You might receive comfort and support and agreement, or you might get ignored, or people might disagree with you and tell you so. That happens to most of us at some time on this forum.

Yes it does. Unfortunately IMO it seems to happen more often to the 'newbies' who are not prepared for it and that is why the forum is mostly a core of regulars who have thickened their skins over time, and a fluctuating number of newcomers who stick their noses through the electric fence, get zapped, and learn not to come back. It's a pity because the collective knowledge this site offers is immense. Not everyone wants it crammed down their throats though, ready or not - it can be a little hard to swallow.

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #361494 by Ziggy
Kalmara ....... I understand most dog owners "know" where their dogs are but 100% of the time is the bit I don't believe. I always knew where my dog was also but I never had my eye on him 100% (luckily I had a fantastic dog) of the time ..... there is a difference!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #361497 by Kalmara
Believe it :) The difference being Ziggy is that I also know that there is NO way any of my dogs can be anywhere else.
Dog proof fencing is what makes it 100%.
(3 x dogs & 1 cat in front of the fan & 7 under the trees)
34 on the deck in the shade !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #361500 by kaybe

Kalmara;352287 wrote: 34 on the deck in the shade !

LOL I thought for a sec you meant 34 cats! :D

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #361504 by kate
I'm locking this thread as it has now degenerated into personal attacks which are not allowed.

Web Goddess

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds