Ticks

More
13 years 4 months ago #361269 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic Ticks

Whats this Bayticol stuff you guys are talking about ? :) .. would it do the same as asuntol in bathing a couple of big Wolves ? :)

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #361271 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Ticks
:( bummer :(
Bring back Asuntol :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
13 years 4 months ago #361272 by Heemskerck Station
Replied by Heemskerck Station on topic Ticks
We found a few ticks on our sheep while we were shearing them. Only a couple though. None on the dog.

More
13 years 4 months ago #361292 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Ticks
Ticks are still around here, but not sucking as much as they were since I first saw them. Now its flystrike on the lambs who were not shorn last month...

Call gone in to the shearer..

More
13 years 4 months ago #361294 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Ticks
:) mine are shorn :) but Zennith still in action here :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
13 years 4 months ago #361310 by bevhawkins
Replied by bevhawkins on topic Ticks
Sue, My highlands have the ticks on udders and necks so basically everywhere! :( I put the Bayticol on the neck and shoulder area as per instructions on the bottle.Not because thats where they are.

More
13 years 4 months ago #361311 by bevhawkins
Replied by bevhawkins on topic Ticks
Oh and forgot to say Highlands shed their coats big time in the summer so ticks can easily be seen. Also Bayticol is not only for cattle - can be used on deer too,

More
13 years 4 months ago #361328 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic Ticks
Thanks Bev, just wondered why the birds were perching on their backs!? Perhaps they fancied plucking the ginger hair to line their nests?!

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
13 years 4 months ago #361529 by deer-nut
Replied by deer-nut on topic Ticks
I'll second the use of Bayticol. We use it on our deer and we are in lovely warm sandy country which ticks just love.

Have used Bayticol on the dogs too with no obvious ill effect [;)] - And although our vet didn't ban us from doing it again, he did pretend not to hear us when we'd said we'd used it on them.

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds