chicken advice please

More
13 years 7 months ago #24800 by sandra1245
I keep our cat inside for 2 weeks when we move to a new place is this the same with chickens? Would a week be long enough for the chickens?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• UsBlacksheep
13 years 7 months ago #349324 by UsBlacksheep
Replied by UsBlacksheep on topic chicken advice please
Good Morning,

We've moved our chooks several times and find a week is right if they are free ranging eg out in a paddock and back into house at night to roost.
Have to move 40 odd chooks shortly and not looking forward to it.Have 9 pens/houses to move with them. The most we've ever moved is a dozen or so :) What fun it is to be a chicked addict[;)][;)]

More
13 years 7 months ago #349339 by sandra1245
Replied by sandra1245 on topic chicken advice please
Thanks for that. Gosh, you do have a job on your hands with that many chickens,hope it all goes well.Chickens can be very addictive,I'd have more than I'm allowed if I could, they are great pets to have around the place.

More
13 years 7 months ago #349343 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic chicken advice please
Usually two feeds and its imprinted on the brain where to go for chickens.. and the same for cats,, we kept ours in for 12 hrs then would let him out at 2am and he would disappear for 2days come back owning the neighbourhood. and sleep for the next 3.. we gave up worrying about him in the end when shifting every few months for a year. he seemed to be happier that we trusted him. I chose the 2 am as less traffic/dogs and other cats and no humans

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds