local farmers markets

More
13 years 8 months ago #343858 by Marymary
Replied by Marymary on topic local farmers markets
Hi ya, Farmers markets are great - I don't think it always is about the $$ as many have said, they are just so good for the local communities. By the way, anyone out there in Upper Hutt should get into our local one - we need more stalls!! www.upperhuttfarmersmarket.org.nz/index.html [;)]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #343968 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic local farmers markets

Marymary;332684 wrote: Hi ya, Farmers markets are great - I don't think it always is about the $$ as many have said, they are just so good for the local communities. By the way, anyone out there in Upper Hutt should get into our local one - we need more stalls!! www.upperhuttfarmersmarket.org.nz/index.html [;)]

We go to the Upper Hutt Farmers Market - come and meet us there! (We also go to Wairarapa, Hill St, Palmy and Featherston).

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
13 years 8 months ago #344045 by Jessica2710
Replied by Jessica2710 on topic local farmers markets
I'm in Akatarawa, still need to get out to the UH market to have a look . Eventually will want a stall there too. Thinking about veges, eggs, honey and preserves (jams, chutneys etc).

May try and get out there this Sunday.

What do you have at your stall Marymary and Eelcat?

More
13 years 8 months ago #344085 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic local farmers markets

Jessica2710;332889 wrote: I'm in Akatarawa, still need to get out to the UH market to have a look . Eventually will want a stall there too. Thinking about veges, eggs, honey and preserves (jams, chutneys etc).

May try and get out there this Sunday.

What do you have at your stall Marymary and Eelcat?

We sell coffee, and gourmet foods and preserves.

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
13 years 8 months ago #344563 by Marymary
Replied by Marymary on topic local farmers markets
I'm like you Jessica, want to get a stall when things start growing, they need good vegies - but i do go there most Sundays! Have seen your stall Eelcat, will say hi next time i am there!

More
13 years 8 months ago #344573 by Simkin
Replied by Simkin on topic local farmers markets
I vouch for the locavore365 as mentioned by Organix. No fees, no need to leave the house. We used it last year when we had surplus fruit. Some was sold, some was swapped and we met some very interesting people.

I've done the farmer's market once, sharing the stall fee with a friend. We just made enough to cover the stall fee. Nothing for our time, production costs etc.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds