Difficult Neighbour Ideas Needed

More
13 years 9 months ago #342302 by igor
Should have posted much earlier but I fail to see what difference it makes to this issue what kind of vehicle the man drives. And what's a racist tattoo got to do with dogs?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #342321 by bev
Keep ringing animal control, if that is why your upset, cause the dogs are barking, and the killing of poultry over the last four years?
I know every council is different, but Every call is logged, it is in the system, so just as we have problem owners, we have problem callers.
Barking dogs we dont have to responed to to the next working day, so if you ring up in the weekend, it wont be attended to till monday.
If im reading between the lines, you have a problem with him? Like Igor, i dont see what he looks like or does as an issue, hell i hunt, fish, i have Tatts, i love my tank cars, i have 'tuff' dogs, Heck i have a bulldog, i hope that doesnt make me a gang associate??
Every time you see the said dogs, try and catch them and tie them up, Ring animal control, We wont come and pick up roaming dogs, If you cant catch them, try and keep them confined, Do not clean up any damage the dogs have done as AC will take photos as proof.
My best peice of advise for you, is dont try and do it yourself, even though you can probably do it quicker, keep within the law, Unfortunately because of council laws we have to go through 'channels' and its a long process, but the results will be final.

More
13 years 9 months ago #342375 by GloPony

Stigand;330787 wrote: Peter, you are very astute as are most of the replys on this matter, I am quite surprised.

Glo Pony, I know Neil Wells, good bloke. The hunter you are talking of is also a neighbour and I have no probs with him, as much as I hate the cruelty of hunting a super intelligent mammal with an equally intelligent one till they rip each other apart the fact is until a biological or chemical control is figured out dogs seem the only solution. The PROFESSIONAL guy you are talking about really looks after his mutts with daily exercise and huge vet bills, I have never heard them bark.

Cinsara, you have summed his wifes position accurately......if I spoke to my wife like what I have heard coming from next door I would be speaking several octaves higher for the rest of my single life.

Aaahh, small world! :D Your last comment to Cinsara (above) REALLY had me convinced it was the bloke I know. He's a mate of my husband; personally, I find he also fits your original description to a 'T'!! [;)] I won't elaborate on my thoughts on him or how he treats his wife!! [:(!]

More
13 years 9 months ago #342392 by craighill
go straight to the top ,get hold of a video Camera and record the noise and plight they are in and send copies to SPCA ,Council, TV .
then ring the council and SPCA everyday they will get sick of you a lot quicker than you think ,also tell them you have gone to TV about it because you are not getting help where you should.
There is usually a council bylaw saying that you are not allowed to go away and leave dogs barking all day ,check and see.
Good luck

More
13 years 9 months ago #342393 by Sunny
I have to agree with Peter on this as we had a similar (actually still have) problem with our neighbor's two rampaging dogs that killed 8 pregnant ewes...OH caught them in the final throes of the attack, shoveled one into the stream and scared off the second dog....very long nasty story (the owner of the dogs swore at us saying perhaps our sheep had "tempted" his dogs - of course on our gated and well fenced property and even failed to get his seriously wounded mongrel to the vet) - we had the dog control people out, they photographed the carnage and spent months chasing the creep next door for reparations - long story, a bit shortened? Well its been 5 years and the cretin still flips me the bird every time he drives past and hits golf-balls intentionally into our sheep paddocks on a daily basis - he's a "family" man and looks to be here forever so we just have to live with his bad behavior and howling dogs - antagonizing him anymore just isn't worth the grief....good luck!

You might 'win' but he'll wear you down with "legal" behavior that is intended intimidate...

More
13 years 9 months ago #342400 by igor
Sunny, next time just shoot the dogs. They don't have to be attacking your stock, they just have to be in the same paddock. Then call the council dog ranger.

More
13 years 9 months ago #342407 by Cinsara

Stigand;330807 wrote: Please note on most occasions he has offered to pay for dead birds but what he and several posters dont seem to grasp is these birds were my wife PETS, a couple were over 10 and hadn't layed a bloody egg for years........I am aware some Alpha's and a few farmers don't see the relevance in this fact.

I see the relevance well and truely, if ANYONE or ANYTHING touches a feather on the head of my very old Bella chook, there will be hell to pay! So yes Stigand I empathise with your wife's trauma. I'm the only human at my house and even then I'm not the Alpha, the flaming goldfish get tended to before me [:o)]

>

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate!

More
13 years 9 months ago #342410 by PeterNZ

igor;330948 wrote: Sunny, next time just shoot the dogs. They don't have to be attacking your stock, they just have to be in the same paddock. Then call the council dog ranger.

Sorry igor you are not getting it. You can shoot the dogs, sue the neighbor and win, get dog control and all the rest of it. You might even win all these battles. You still have to live next to someone who is mad at you and does all sort of nasty things.

You will sit in your house being scared to go to the letter box because you have to take up with swearing, yelling, abuse, middle fingers and all the rest. But you won, didn't you? Right! What a life, eh?

Cheers

Peter

Everything you need to make your own cheese at home
www.CottageCrafts.co.nz
[:D]LSB Members will get first order (over $10) shipping cost free. Just mention your LSB user name! [:D]

My private blog (Caution! Contains opinions and thoughts which may offend some viewers.)

Change the World! One Meal...

More
13 years 9 months ago #342413 by Robinsons Folly?
Stigand, is it possible to extend the height of the fence between your property and the dogs? That will at least mean the dogs can't get onto your space. With that invasion issue dealt with then you can work on the noise issue..... Since he's accepted that his dogs are at fault by offering to replace the hens, then maybe he'd help with the fencing issue? (or has someone already posted this idea and I've missed it.....)

Three Piggies, Four Chooky Babes, Randy the Roo, Hubby and Me. [:D]

More
13 years 9 months ago #342416 by PalmyCol
Might as well add my 2 cents worth :) I agree completely with Robinsons Folly, the only way to deal with it if you don't want to shoot the dogs is to make your fence dog proof so they can't get in.
I had a problem with the neighbours suicidal chooks coming into my back yard while I was out and so my Rottie bitch had a great time giving them the chomp, after the 3rd chook I said to the neighbour I would make the boundary chook proof if she bought the netting, which she did and so no more dead cooks on the back door step when I get home. And I still get invited over for dinner so yay :)

More
13 years 9 months ago #342418 by Stikkibeek

PeterNZ;330958 wrote: Sorry igor you are not getting it. You can shoot the dogs, sue the neighbor and win, get dog control and all the rest of it. You might even win all these battles. You still have to live next to someone who is mad at you and does all sort of nasty things.

You will sit in your house being scared to go to the letter box because you have to take up with swearing, yelling, abuse, middle fingers and all the rest. But you won, didn't you? Right! What a life, eh?

Cheers

Peter

I know full well about this issue. My neighbour had her home on the market a few years ago, and while she waited for it to sell, (already moved) she let it to some short term renters who had lost their house to a fire. They turned out to be the most sub-humanoids, I 've ever met. First their clever little dog killed three of my chickens, which they paid for, then it annihilated three more, which I'd just sold, and never paid for, and they refused to tie it up. This dog was a climber too, so no secure fence would stop it. When it came calling a third time, I caught it and rang the ranger. It was unregistered and un-chipped. They got to pay poundage, microchipping, registration and the $1000 fine all in one hit. Then the cr*p started. First they began to call me the old cow and all the children from their 5yo upwards mooed everytime I stuck my face outside. Then they began to leave used prophylactics in my garden. Then they started damaging property and making threats. I logged it all, recorded it all and went and laid a complaint with the police. Next time the dog called again, the ranger was called a second time, another $1000, and there's nothing like hitting someone in the pocket to make them mad as hornets. I was not cowed however, and the police made them pull their horns in. It helped that he already had a record. Fortunately the problem resolved itself completely when their lease expired on the sale of the house. I'm so glad it was too highly priced for them to have bought it though.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
13 years 9 months ago #342498 by SarahM

Cinsara;330680 wrote: Sounds like this good lady is well and truely subservient :(

Hope you're not meaning I'm subservient? Hell noooo. : )

5 acres, husband, daughter, son, me, about 12 sheep and their lambs, currently no ram (yay!), 2 Galloways, about 35 chooks, 3 cats and 2 budgies.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds