It's bucketing down in the Far North !!!

More
14 years 1 week ago #325168 by Cinsara
Not much in Pukekawa, well not enough to cancel the tank topperupper anyway :(

>

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #325170 by reggit
4mm overnight here, need more!

Down in Blenheim at the mo, talk about dry as on them thar hills (and flats), quite awful sight flying in...having said that North of here didn't look much better last time I was up that way either...:(

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
14 years 1 week ago #325185 by celt
Bugger all here in north Rodney.

1 kiwi husband, 14 year old boy girl twins. Gave up my beautiful 16 acres north of auckland for 1000m2 in central christchurch! Yikes. Plan to get as much produce out of that 1000m2 as possible.

More
14 years 1 week ago #325192 by Toast
Great to hear of good rainfall - those in the drought-stricken areas need it.

Last night in Te Horo one farmer reported 37mm! Near Himatangi Junction somebody got 10mm & here at Tangimoana we had 6mm. We would all say yes to more.

I hunted with Manawatu Hunt between Halcombe & Stanway today. Ground was very hard & where it had been pugged last winter was like solid potholes. It wasn't a very good day hunting wise with very little scent. Just as well with the ground like that. Hunt centenary starting Sunday so hopefully it will bucket down between now & then.

Good luck to those of you in drought areas. I heard that 40-50% of the nation's dairy herds are in drought areas.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Toast is the best food in the world
Whisky is the best drink in the world

• Jack
14 years 1 week ago #325209 by Jack
Replied by Jack on topic It's bucketing down in the Far North !!!
Gidday

GrantK;311186 wrote:

We have now received 164mm of rain for the year to date, ..

Hey that aint too bad. Our total for the year to day is only 76mm

More
14 years 1 week ago #325226 by Alan Gilbert
Only 12mm here, east of Kerikeri, but a mate just across the river to the north reports 16.
Our total for the year is 137.5mm.
The official Metservice reporting site for Kerikeri is in fact on an exposed hilltop miles away at Purerua, and the weather there is nothing like the weather in Kerikeri.

More
14 years 1 week ago #325234 by Birman Babe
Send some my way, it appears to all be going around us :-(

More
14 years 1 week ago #325280 by Indigo
10kms from Kaiwaka and missed me too. Went to work yesterday in 'town' and saw puddles - nearly cried coz it hadn't made it up to me

More
14 years 1 week ago #325291 by Ducking Around
I wish we could get some decent rain. had to buy water the other week. everything is still really dry.

More
14 years 1 week ago #325317 by DiDi
Not saying this to gloat as I know how many of you are begging for rain but having been on here bemoaning the lack of rain in my area of Franklin, I can only say we have been very spoilt over the past three days. The paddocks have already greened up but alas not with ryegrass and clover. Seems to be all plantain.

More
14 years 6 days ago #325340 by eelcat
Actually some funny wet stuff started landing on the roof at 5:15am this morning. Hasn't stopped yet and can now see a puddle (small) on the drive. Just in time I'd say, even all our veges are/were drooping.

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
14 years 6 days ago #325342 by terralee
I don't like to say we *need* rain cos" of you poor fellas in the drought area :( ...we have had it really good this summer but all of a sudden ...we could do with some rain too :( Had a few skiffy showers the last couple of days but nothing of any real wetness :(
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
14 years 6 days ago #325356 by mikethebike
what have you done terralee[:0] its coming down sideways in huge great lumps!! yes we needed a bit but oh Shoot all at once, and to think i mentioned to di in her i feel guilty post that i hadnt put robins rug on coz it was too warm, now i really do feel guilty coz she looks mizerable all huddled up against old prince with a gale blowing up their field, and of course i left the rug over the gate so prince could play with it, so he has dragged it into the field and jumped up and down on it a few times just coz he! dosent like rugs darn it! :(

Mike and Suzi living the lifestyle in sunny central hawkes bay, Still loads of animals oh and we still have our Zebra truck.

More
14 years 6 days ago #325363 by terralee
[}:)]well MTB ...we got it here too :D however my horses were all rugged up and ready for it:D:D:D[;)] ...got any spare dry ones for poor Prince and Robin[}:)] I can loan ya' a couple .... I seem to have an over abundance of rugs due to my ...addiction[:I]:o :)
Yahoo ...let it rain, let it rain, let it rain[^]
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
14 years 6 days ago #325380 by mikethebike
Hi terraee thanks for the offer yep got a spare rug for robin and old prince wont tolerate rugs any time he just rips them up and never seems to feel the cold but he does get real hairy coat in winter, robin on the other hand stands there shivering and looking sorry for herself even in summer if its a bit chilly, the rains stopped now looks like it was just a real heavy shower but there sure is a bloomin cold wind a blowin!

Mike and Suzi living the lifestyle in sunny central hawkes bay, Still loads of animals oh and we still have our Zebra truck.

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds