LSB forum help needed.

More
14 years 1 week ago #324765 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic LSB forum help needed.

Anne;310768 wrote: I've decided to go with totara. Really liked the puriri, but it was used in urupa, so not suitable for what I am looking for. Strong central trunk etc of totara meets my requirements.

A possible word of caution is that totara will generate a single dominant trunk only if grown in amongst other vegetation. In open ground totara will develop into a multi stemmed bush as it does not have to compete for light. Maybe relevant for your intended symbolism :confused:

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bo Peep
14 years 1 week ago #324866 by Bo Peep
Replied by Bo Peep on topic LSB forum help needed.
Wineberry is nice

More
14 years 1 week ago #324884 by Pumpkingirl
Replied by Pumpkingirl on topic LSB forum help needed.
While totara are my favourite tree for growing here, the one thing I don't like about them is it's very, very difficult to get things to grow under or near the canopy, if that interferes with the symbolism of it?

Nikau fulfill everything except the spreading bit... cabbage trees are pretty amazing too, and fulfil your criteria. It was an important food and medicinal tree for maori, and almost every part of the plant was used for healing.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds