storm

More
14 years 2 months ago #22306 by sod
storm was created by sod
We have gone from sun and calm to storm in 3minutes :( :confused:

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #321339 by jeannielea
Replied by jeannielea on topic storm
Yep. At 5.15 I was in the garden weeding. About 4 minutes later huge winds came up and almost immediately very heavy rain plus thunder etc. But I hear its worse in Wgtn and Sth Wairarapa so how are you guys doing?

More
14 years 2 months ago #321345 by skyline_glenn
Replied by skyline_glenn on topic storm
We got it here at about 4:45. It went from sunny & 20deg to almost dark to gale southerlies and horizontal rain in about 5 minutes and it is now 10deg. We have only had about 7mm though. The wind has died down a bit now though and its only a drizzle. Havn't had any thunder or lightning yet.

Glenn

More
14 years 2 months ago #321349 by Birman Babe
Replied by Birman Babe on topic storm
Windy here but no sign of rain.

More
14 years 2 months ago #321351 by HB
Replied by HB on topic storm
In Otaki we're much the same as you guys .I went haring down to my horses to change covers straight after work because the wind was blowing sideways and it was looking like it was going to be raining buckets-now it's still windy but not as bad and the rains just a drizzle.The odd flash of lightning but nothing major

More
14 years 2 months ago #321353 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic storm
:eek::eek::eek::eek: has literally just arrived here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:0] one minute bright and lovely (was talking to terrys' folks on phone a few mins ago making sure they are OK as they live in Upper Hutt) and it just got very dark and now is hosing down and windy as :( :( :( Hope it blows over as fast as it seemed to for everyone else.
Sod how are the girls ...especially Paula ...hope she isn't too frightened[B)]
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
14 years 2 months ago #321360 by bayrose1
Replied by bayrose1 on topic storm
Lasted here about 10/15 minutes. Bit of thunder and torrential rain and some hail. Enough to het soaked while putting pups back into kennel and the other dogs got feed in the shed. Some of the chooks got fed, then when it settled down went out to feed the rest. All back to normal now. No wind but dark clouds. Eye of the storm??? or has it passed?

More
14 years 2 months ago #321369 by sod
Replied by sod on topic storm
Terralee as long as Poppy comes when called shes happy :D as BUT Poppy has become a teenager:rolleyes:[;)] so runs off with the other ones and can't hear:confused::confused: as calves get under the wire so they can get best grass :p

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

• Jack
14 years 2 months ago #321372 by Jack
Replied by Jack on topic storm
Gidday

Hey can you please spare a bit of that rain?

More
14 years 2 months ago #321377 by flyingfeathers
Replied by flyingfeathers on topic storm
OH has gone bush in this weather [:0][:0] Hopefully he's made it to the hut, he set off with friends just as it came in.

We came home to piles of hail, gale force wind and torrential rain, then came the power cut for an hour [B)] All is calm now but for how long ...........

7 acres in the wonderful South Wairarapa

More
14 years 2 months ago #321380 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic storm
Stay safe all you southern LSBers. Looks like another big cold front coming up from the deep south and carrying thunderstorms.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
14 years 2 months ago #321383 by cantyguy
Replied by cantyguy on topic storm
down here large raft blown 50metres across the road, hail and snow on the hills.

More
14 years 2 months ago #321398 by Xartep
Replied by Xartep on topic storm
We were in Carterton when it hit - chairs and tables and signs blown up the road, the door to the pizza joint smashed and 2 large oaks in the park fell over, one onto a car with someone in it. It was very interesting watching emergency services swing into action and get her out. Here's hoping her injuries are minor. And all in the middle of peak traffic streaming in both directions down main street. Came home to no electricity for 5 hours, had to reheat the pizza on the fireplace.

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

• Jack
14 years 2 months ago #321437 by Jack
Replied by Jack on topic storm
Gidday

Still no bloody rain.

Just wind.

And it aint all from me gut either.

More
14 years 2 months ago #321453 by gemini kiwi
Replied by gemini kiwi on topic storm
It was horrific here the winds were wild and blew out the window in the back part in the old servants quarters part of the house. the builder is coming Thursday to do a little renovating in the meantime water was everywhere my grand-daughter was here all she could say was "oh my God' repeatedly with eyes as wide as saucers.
Beaut day today though.

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds