Young affectionate Greyhound needs a home

More
14 years 2 months ago #315436 by Pyewacket
I have spoken to the owner and we have agreed to put Kippa on Trade Me. To ensure the right home, she will come at a price. I hope that GAP will assist in vetting any interested parties, as she is currently in their care, although we don't expect them to take responsibility.

Kim.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #315824 by bev
I have spoken to my friend, he knows the dog well, he said its mad, and thats one of the reasons it got given away as a puppy, ends up i know the breeder quiet well, from what i was told, it shouldnt really be trusted as a pet, There are plenty of good loving ex greyhounds that really do need a home, im guessing thats maybe why GAP isnt that interested in it?

More
14 years 2 months ago #315941 by Pyewacket

I have spoken to my friend, he knows the dog well, he said its mad, and thats one of the reasons it got given away as a puppy

LOL. So when breeders consider a dog is mad, rather than put it down, they give it away to another trainer? Fortunately, that is not true - if it were, NZ greyhound racing would have a very bad reputation.

The owner has read your comment and feels obliged to set the record straight, as she knows the breeder well and doesn't want the breeder's reputation damaged.

The breeder gave Kippa to the current owners because they considered she needed more individual attention and the owner had small kennels.

Kippa was also small for a racing greyhound and they were surprised when she turned up places and also ran "some good honest races" which is more than can be said for a lot of racers.

Offering Kippa as a pet has not been done lightly. The owner knows Kippa extremely well and she most certainly is not "mad". Kippa's future is still in doubt, as we don't know whether the right home can be found for her, but at least we are trying. Whatever Kippa's future, the owners will have a clear conscience that they did the right thing for her.

Although Kippa is not suitable for GAP's programme, they have been extremely helpful and admit that she is a lovely dog, but she just doesn't get on with other breeds.

More
14 years 2 months ago #315955 by bev
I will set this record straight. I know more than i am letting on as it doesnt need to be put on a public forum, if your friend wants to PM me and try and put me 'straight' Im more than happy to pass on any message to Ross or Jarred.
It quiet frankly pisses me off that your friend has tried to make out that im passing wind out my arse

More
14 years 2 months ago #315958 by Cinsara
Settle petal, no one thinks that Bev :D I think it is just one of those "he said she said different interpretations of the same situation" type things.

>

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate!

More
14 years 2 months ago #315959 by Cinsara

Pyewacket;301078 wrote:
Although Kippa is not suitable for GAP's programme, they have been extremely helpful and admit that she is a lovely dog, but she just doesn't get on with other breeds.

I hate to be doom and gloom here but with all the other GAP type dogs out there I think your friend is whistling into the wind to find a home for a dog that can't be social with any other fur or feathers creature. My experience with these types of dogs is they can become worse as they age and can snap at kids when old and grumpy especially as Greyhounds quite often have some form of joint pain later on. :(

>

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate!

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds