Anyone one for a goat or two...?

More
14 years 4 months ago #21333 by Jo-Otago
:p
I am going to have to accept that seven goats might be a little more than I need... I love them all but probably should find a new home for at least a couple... so if anyone in the area is interested let me know... :) Must be a home where they will NOT be tethered and given lots and lots of love!
Not sure which ones I can bring myself to part with... but possibly the twin doe kids Poppy and Polly (both dehorned and very sweet) they are ToggenburgX with about 1/4 Alpine and ready to be weaned soon, will make lovely milkers, or maybe Tangerine (Togg x Rawhiti) though she would require better fencing, in saying that she has been really good lately and is worming her way back into my good books... :rolleyes:
Pic1 Tangerine on left, Poppy & Polly centre with mum Penny
Pic2 Poppy & Polly centre with mum
Pic3 Poppy & Polly left/front, Tangerine at back
Pic4 Poppy & Polly
I'm not yet milking the twins' mum Penny, but I am getting about 2-2.5L a day from the other Togg doe and she has a kid on her (not separated at all). I was getting nearly 4L a day from her when she first kidded. :)
I'd probably also consider selling Penny but not until next spring as I'd like to milk her through this winter (but feel free to put in an order for next year :p :p).

Attached files
File Attachment:
File Attachment:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #310016 by Stu_R
:) lovely country down your way Jo
Geez if i was closer i would be in like flyn and 2 would be comming here to keep Mollie and baby Eee Bee company

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
14 years 4 months ago #310041 by lea
Oh they are gorgeous. Would love them but we are running to our limits too.

Living on our 5 acres of land. Busy fencing and planting. Have dogs, cats and chickens. We also have cattle, sheep, goats, and geese.
Full-time working + plus full-time on the block. [|)]

More
14 years 4 months ago #310130 by Jo-Otago
Thanks guys, it is lovely down here Stu_R, after 10 years we still wake up each day and think how lucky we are (even when it does snow and howl and be miserable sometimes :p ). I'm in no rush to move any of the girls, just thought I'd mention it in case anyone was having inklings about getting some lovely sweet cute cuddly goats to milk in future... :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

More
14 years 4 months ago #310186 by Hintzashouse
Was thinking of you today Jo- weaned the lambs a couple of days ago, Pippi has an udder so large now, she has heaps!. If she was a tamer sheep, I might have thought about milking her a bit...
Thumper is getting wider so thats looking promising.
HH

More
14 years 4 months ago #310241 by Jo-Otago
Great to hear Pippi has developed such a good udder - ah but milking sheep is fiddly - even a tame sheep has stumpy little teats - what you really need is a couple of lovely wee sweet milking goats... I can just see them completing your little family out there rather nicely [;)]
Ooh I'd forgotten about Thumper, that sounds promising! :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds