In case of off-LSB emergency: be prepared!

• jdnz
14 years 6 months ago #297367 by jdnz
I think they've assembled us :-) We think there will be even more by the end of the week...Annabel seems to be nearing the end of her pregnancy. It sucks being at work...I don't want to miss anything. Might need 'parental' leave later in the week. Especially since it's school holidays - a horrendous time to work in a public library!! Uggh - give me naughty chooks and sheep any day!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #297390 by PRU2
So sorry to here of your loss tigger. :(
Both my parents have been gone for quite sometime now.

More
14 years 6 months ago #297424 by sundaysbest
We have a whiteboard in the shed with who gets what, how much, from where etc. It makes things very easy for anyone needing to feed out for us.
Not that that ever happens - I need a holiday!!!

Sorry for the loss of your Dad Tigger, that must be very hard for you and yours.
Thinking of you!
Sundays x

More
14 years 6 months ago #297464 by Toast
Sorry to hear about your father, Tigger. Hope you gave him a good send off.

You can make a very cheap whiteboard for your shed/stable and have all the feed details written up on it all the time. That will save you having to write out endless recipes or dictate them over the telephone. You can add all those things like weekly selenium, drench dates, etc. Also, vet's name & phone number, your cellphone/contacts, draw map of paddocks etc etc.

The chaffhage bags make great whiteboards. Cut them open completely, turn inside out, cut to size and then wipe clean with adamp sponge/cloth. Nail or pin to the wall. Write on it with biro, permanent marker or Tag eartag marker. (The latter doesn't wash off so can be used outdoors.) When it has filled up, just put another one over the top. That way you have preserve your records. Great if a horse develops a problem & the vet asks what you were feeding way back whenever.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Toast is the best food in the world
Whisky is the best drink in the world

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds