Help Wanted - South 'rapa - chicken killing?

More
14 years 7 months ago #19956 by bridgierapa
Help me please! I live in the south wairarapa, and I need to learn how to (NO laughing please!) kill a chicken the right way.

I thought maybe there's someone out there who in return for a little um plucking and gutting, would be willing to teach me how it's done or let me watch, or get me to do some gardening/housework in return, (which I am reasonably good at lol) when they have their next chicken killing spree. Is there anyone out there who would be willing to teach me? there must be something I can trade or give in return for learning this skill.

thanks heaps in advance, as you can imagine, I'm not much use on a lifestyle block if I can't kill a chicken. [:I]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #295041 by Sue
Wish it wasn't such a long way round the Tararuas, I'm actually just over the hill, pity there is no road, and would be only too pleased to show you how-hopefully somebody that lives a bit closer will reply!

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
14 years 7 months ago #295050 by poaka

Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy. [:)]

3 Beef Roasts and Mince
40 Chicken Roasts and Omelettes
25 Pigeon Pies left after Falcon dined out,. 5 pheasants
plus 3 pig dogs

More
14 years 7 months ago #295065 by bridgierapa

poaka;277884 wrote: www.backyardpoultry.com/articles/chicken_for_food.pdf

thanks poaka but really do need to see it done, do it for real with some kind mentor. I've already read everything in creation but it doesn't seem to help me do the deeed! :o

More
14 years 7 months ago #295066 by bridgierapa

Sue;277875 wrote: Wish it wasn't such a long way round the Tararuas, I'm actually just over the hill, pity there is no road, and would be only too pleased to show you how-hopefully somebody that lives a bit closer will reply!

Sue, thank you so much - you're only about 2 hrs away and I'm sure it would be worth it if there's no-one closer. :)

More
14 years 7 months ago #295067 by Xartep
I could help you. We have done all our cockerels for the last couple of years.
Have done both plucking and skinning (got quite good at skinning LOL)

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

More
14 years 7 months ago #295071 by granny56r
Good on you and it's not a silly request.
I know exactly how you feel!.
Hope someone can help you.

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
DOUGLAS ADAMS

More
14 years 7 months ago #296189 by bridgierapa
Thanks so much Xartep. Think about what chore you'd like me to do in thanks. I'm reasonably good at many things - just not killing chickens!

:)

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds