We've got a new toy!!!

More
14 years 8 months ago #19890 by kate
We've got a new toy!!! was created by kate
A trailer :D A proper one :D :D

Life is going to get so much easier...mainly for Geoff [:I] Firewood, grass clippings, horse poo...not all at the same time of course [}:)][}:)]

Oh joy...now I really must learn to reverse the damn thing [:I][:I][:I]

Web Goddess

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #294106 by The Kats Place
when you learn Kate then you can teach me! thats one skill I have never aquired.
What king of trailer?

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
14 years 8 months ago #294111 by sod
Replied by sod on topic We've got a new toy!!!
And the photo is????? I love trailers

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
14 years 8 months ago #294113 by kate
Replied by kate on topic We've got a new toy!!!
...I'm hoping I can learn it. Not having a good grasp of right and left doesn't help [:I]

It's a Kea trailer, 2140 x 1300mm :D For anything more technical you'll have to ask Geoff...

Oh, and it's silver :p

Web Goddess

More
14 years 8 months ago #294114 by kate

sod;276875 wrote: And the photo is????? I love trailers

Sorry - it's dark out there. I'll get one in the morning.

I've remembered something else, it has a tie rail :D :D

Web Goddess

More
14 years 8 months ago #294116 by Leeanne
Replied by Leeanne on topic We've got a new toy!!!
backing trailers not a skill ive mastered I try to makesure I only take my flaot where I can turn around or where a nice man can helpLOL

More
14 years 8 months ago #294121 by Minnie
Replied by Minnie on topic We've got a new toy!!!
My husband tried explaining to me about reversing the horsefloat many times and it all got a bit complicated... "turn the wheel the opposite way you want the float to go" (I think). Well, I spent ages trying to work that out each time I reversed.

What I find easiest is to look out the window, rather than using the rear vision mirror as using the mirror elminates the need to be thinking in double negatives... now Im confusing myself.

I can now reverse a right angle turn from the road, into the driveway and into a narrow space in the barn in only a few minutes.

Anyway, stay cool, practice before going out in public so you don't get flustered with an audience and try looking out the window.

More
14 years 8 months ago #294123 by kate
One of the good things about being at the end of a no exit road is I can practice in private :D The horses and goats will no doubt be an interested (and possibly critical) audience but I can deal with them [}:)]

Web Goddess

More
14 years 8 months ago #294126 by wyseyes
Replied by wyseyes on topic We've got a new toy!!!

Kate;276877 wrote: ...I'm hoping I can learn it. Not having a good grasp of right and left doesn't help [:I]

It's a Kea trailer, 2140 x 1300mm :D For anything more technical you'll have to ask Geoff...

Oh, and it's silver :p

For the rest of us, that is 7' x 4'.

one of these...

Seems they have not updated their pics for a while, they have had grabrails for a while now.

I gots me the highsided Heavy Duty one, can't beat it.

I see you shiver in anticip......................................................................................ation

More
14 years 8 months ago #294127 by Jan
Replied by Jan on topic We've got a new toy!!!
For some reason i have never had a problem with backing trailers but cant for the life of me back a float...hmm :o

But i will never forget a time when i was at the local sale yards. I was on my own (hubby was at work) and had bought some sheep. I had to back the trailer into an area which backed onto some yards and a ramp to get the sheep in. Now there was quite a few "blokes" around and they were all watching me. Not one offered to help mind, with the reversing in ..go right a bit or left or stop your there etc. They just watched smugly waiting I'm sure, for me to make an utter balls up of it [}:)]. But i wiped the smugness of their faces when i backed perfectly first time and just at the right spot for loading. I was the one smiling then. :D Not that i doubted myself..

Jan

More
14 years 8 months ago #294128 by sod
Replied by sod on topic We've got a new toy!!!
When you back a car you watch the back of the car and turn to put that where you want to go, when you back trailer do same but look at back of trailer you will make muck ups so best in large open space :):)

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
14 years 8 months ago #294129 by kate

wyseyes;276890 wrote: For the rest of us, that is 7' x 4'.

one of these...

Seems they have not updated their pics for a while, they have had grabrails for a while now.

I gots me the highsided Heavy Duty one, can't beat it.

That's it, but ours has a jockey wheel, spare wheel and the tie bars. Very cute :D :D :D

I'll make sure I can back it before trying it out in public, I'd like to be as good as you, Jan, but it may take time...

Web Goddess

More
14 years 8 months ago #294131 by Beltie
Replied by Beltie on topic We've got a new toy!!!
The most succesful time i've backed a trailer is when I was in a foul mood - just went at it flat out & got it perfect first time. Sadly a one-off!

More
14 years 8 months ago #294133 by kate
i think its the thinking about it that makes it difficult....at least, I think I think that [:I]

Web Goddess

More
14 years 8 months ago #294135 by Pumpkingirl
Replied by Pumpkingirl on topic We've got a new toy!!!
I couldn't back a trailer to save myself, until I had to do it for a living. Was crap at it for the first three days, then it "came right" somehow and I've been able to back trailers of all shapes and sizes ever since.

Sort of like riding a bike.

If you do a couple of reversing attempts each day, you'll be fine by Monday :)

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds